Notices

Old 15 Nov 20, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
VIP Dibber

Obesity - has Covid altered how you eat?

I am reading more and more about the effects of obesity on your prognosis if you catch Covid 19

I am trying really hard to maintain a healthy eating regime, I am an all nothing person so I either eat very healthily or really badly. I am also waiting for surgery but that is probably months away but I am determined to remain at a healthy weight to give myself the best chance.

How has the Covid changed your eating and do you believe the obesity claims?

Edited at 08:26 AM.
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 20, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

Yes I believe the obesity claims and at first I tried very hard and ate healthily to lose weight, but now am depressed again and eating crap, never thought in March we would be still in this state and getting worse than we were in April.
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 20, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

I 100,% believe risk is vastly increased the heavier someone is, especially if in the obese or morbidly obsess category. If that's you and you can lose a pound or two please do.

I've gained 10kgs since Christmas and worried a lot as I'm now well into the obese category. But, today, not enough to not have pudding after tea or a glass of wine tonight.

I hate myself for not having the willpower to change but there you go.
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 20, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

I believe it too. I've never baked so much and it's because I'm bored, then obviously I eat some of it.
We're definitely drinking more too 😕
Got no willpower to do anything because life is not great for anyone at the moment.

Edited at 09:30 PM.
maidmarian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 20, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Yes I believe the claims, itís not just Covid, obesity makes you more likely to be susceptible to many illnesses sadly.
I try & eat healthy 5 days a week & exercise 7 days a week, nothing new for me, I like feeling fit, staying in shape & hardly being ill, I want to be able to be here for my Grandchildren for a long while yet & running around with them at the play centre & parks is a workout in itself
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 20, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
It has for the past 10 days - as due to Covid I have no taste or smell so there's no pleasure in food (or drink) at the moment.
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 20, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa123wm
Imagineer

I was reading something about people with learning difficulties at higher risk too. My son has autism so I was interested in reading it.
It said because they are more likely to be obese. My son has a BMI of around 14 so the obesity side isnít a worry there.

None of us are obese in our house, but if we were Iíd think this would be the kick to start doing something about it tbh.
Aug/Sept 09, Jan/Feb 10 - DLP, Aug 13 - NPBC DLP
Lisa123wm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 20, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

No because we ate quite healthily before so have just continued. Don't get me wrong we enjoy our treats just not to excess, and even the gyms are closed get in plenty walking each day to burn it off.
93 94 03 DLP
JudyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 20, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

I believe the claims, but not convinced it just covid, I think itís just thereís more strain on your body, so youíd fine most things harder to cope with.

Weíre back on the diet tomorrow as weíve 6 months until the wedding. We were doing really well before covid hit, but I couldnít keep my head above water and keeping an eye on food massively gave way. We donít drink very often, for us itís food.

COVID specifically though hasnít inspired me to lose weight. My wedding dress and us wanting kids has. (Iím no where near big enough that it would have a huge impact on us having kids. But it has an impact on my disability and I think that and pregnancy might break me anyway, let alone adding extra weight into the mix). Also losing my pill and having to change to another.
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 20, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
Imagineer

We were eating a lot better before we had to self isolate, we have plenty of food but of course we can't leave the house to exercise and a lot of the fresh stuff has gone. I'm quite proud we are managing though but at the moment dieting is way down the list.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List