Notices

Old 17 Nov 20, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
linnite
Very Serious Dibber

Early lockdown was not a panacea

Or so it would seem given that Scotland is heading back into lockdown.

It seems it just lies in wait for its next chance down the line.

It seems to me therefore that a *sustained period* of the *right* restrictions but not lockdown is the best approach. We can't accept a sustained period of full lockdown for all the reasons already rehearsed on here.

From comments today it feels like we are close to knowing what the sweet spot for maximum effect versus minimum hardship is, around tier 3. And if we are extra clever we will know where to return freedoms that cost us little and concentrate the restrictions where they are effective.

Nov 2001 - I-Drive ... May 2009 - DL Paris ... Aug 2011 - Pop ... Aug 2013 - SSR ... Aug 2015 - A/S Music + HRH ... Aug 2017 - RPR,CBR,AKL ... Feb 2018 - Cabana Bay ... Feb 2019 - Aventura + A/S Sports
linnite is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 20, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

Some areas of Scotland are going into level 4 - Scotland is not going into lockdown as a whole. In fact it has been indicated that in the east some areas are expected to go down to level 2 in the near future.

Edited at 09:08 PM.
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 20, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
robrar
Imagineer

Originally Posted by linnite View Post
Or so it would seem given that Scotland is heading back into lockdown.
Is it heading back in to lockdown? All of Scotland, fully locked down, schools closed, nobody leaving home except for a few essential key workers?
robrar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 20, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
linnite
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Pumpkin Pie View Post
Some areas of Scotland are going into level 4 - Scotland is not going into lockdown as a whole. In fact it has been indicated that in the east some areas are expected to go down to level 2 in the near future.
Well, indeed, though I don't think this disproves my argument that the half term circuit breaker didn't work. I'm just saying a short anything doesn't seem to work. We are as well working out what holds down R and the death rate to something we deem acceptable, and then keeping it there.

Nov 2001 - I-Drive ... May 2009 - DL Paris ... Aug 2011 - Pop ... Aug 2013 - SSR ... Aug 2015 - A/S Music + HRH ... Aug 2017 - RPR,CBR,AKL ... Feb 2018 - Cabana Bay ... Feb 2019 - Aventura + A/S Sports
linnite is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 20, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by robrar View Post
Is it heading back in to lockdown? All of Scotland, fully locked down, schools closed, nobody leaving home except for a few essential key workers?
No is not. I live in Edinburgh and all our shops, schools etc. are open. The east of Scotland is doing fairly well on the whole.
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 20, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
linnite
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by robrar View Post
If you like you can call it tier 3++ with a healthy dose of appalling civil liberties curtailment thrown in.

Work, go to school and then lock yourself at home on your own.

Old 17 Nov 20, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
robrar
Imagineer

Well, indeed, though I don't think this disproves my argument that the half term circuit breaker didn't work.
How do you know it didn't have an effect on the spread of the virus? What are you comparing it to?
robrar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 20, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

If you like you can call it tier 3++ with a healthy dose of appalling civil liberties curtailment thrown in.

Do you live in Scotland?
Old 17 Nov 20, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
robrar
Imagineer

So less restrictions than what we experienced back in the Spring, and not covering all of Scotland?
Old 17 Nov 20, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

Im in a tier 4 area. Im really quite upset tonight but I do appreciate that the other parts of the UK have had, or have a lockdown just now.
My area was put under special conditions 2 weeks prior to the tier system coming in as they said the cases were rising too much. And now we are worse off again as they still arent coming down.
One of the theories being spoken about is that by closing down the hospitality , where there was at least a semblance of order, has led to an increase in house gatherings. I wouldnt know as Ive literally just gone to work and came home again. I go for my shopping one day a week, takes me about an hour and thats my life just now. Its wearing thin.
I dont have a deep understanding of whats going on, I just know that Im fed up of it all now.
Sandraoh40 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List