Notices

Closed Thread

Old 18 Nov 20, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

Mobile So Covid takes a break for Christmas then

Unbelievable on the news about the 5 day covid break for Christmas ... thoughts please?
maidmarian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 20, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

And then we will be back into full lockdown come January and be blamed for the numbers rising again...
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
RachaelC
VIP Dibber

Well, if Iíd been travelling around the world at the rate it has, Iíd probably be exhausted and want a break for Christmas too 😉

Edited at 02:46 PM.
RachaelC is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

Mobile

I can't get my head around it to be quite honest 😕
maidmarian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 20, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
Imagineer

Mobile

I suppose against people mixing the schools and shops will be closed, or do I have that wrong?
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 20, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
I suppose against people mixing the schools and shops will be closed, or do I have that wrong?
They've not finalised it yet but it would enable people to mix in the house, but not large gatherings 😉
Sorry I forgot to add about the schools etc.,

Edited at 02:28 PM.
Old 18 Nov 20, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
You are right Sue, schools, colleges and unis will be closed so I guess that will have an effect. I would expect shops to be pretty busy though as most are only closed for the one day with Boxing Day sales starting on the 26th.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 20, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Thought we were finishing this stage of lockdown early December anyway?
aqualiv is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 20, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
VIP Dibber

I hope not to be here and in Lanzarote but if we are here if this means harder lockdown after, Iíd rather not bother. Ultimately itís one day, and people could suck it up so we can keep with a lesser regime after. I think the proposal of mixing with just one other household as per the latest suggestion and open pubs and restaurants is much more sensible.

We also need to throw everything at manufacturing and banging in those vaccines in the over 70s so vast majority stop dying. We need to be dropping all restrictions by summer.

Edited at 02:30 PM.
YorkshireT is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 20, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Iíve planned my Christmas now based on it just being us and Iím fine with that, usually have my mum and her partner over for Xmas lunch and then in-laws in evening for a buffet so would only be 5 of us at once anyway but cos they are over 70 all of em , and some with underlying health concerns , Iíd rather keep em away and enjoy seeing them at a safer time... when that is I donít know though.
Iím furloughed at minute and not looking forward to the sudden rushes once shops reopen that alone is gonna push numbers up within a few weeks I think which then would be right in middle of family Christmas together... and probably a harsher lockdown in new year.
Megandllsmum is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread