Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 Nov 20, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
julie b
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Laurap View Post
Interesting, I just checked mine and ours are still going
Manc-Dublin-Orlando

You would think if Leeds was cancelled then so would Manchester x
You would think so...but leeds small airport maybe that’s why! Just logged in to my booking and it’s now gone... just hope refund comes before end of the year...

I had cancelled everything anyway as my parents are both 77 and dad has been shielding.to be honest we had written the flights off so if we get our money back it’s a bonus,we wouldn’t have got on the flight anyway..
julie b is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 20, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Laurap
I want to go now!

Fingers crossed it’s a speedy refund for you,
Il just keep an eye on mine x
Laurap is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 20, 12:40 AM  
Link to this Post
john w
Getting Excited

We were booked with them for November 12th. Flights all got cancelled one week before we were due to fly. I phoned them and they offered a voucher I said as I didn't know how much the flight would be next year I wanted a refund. Left it about a week and noticed on there website if you booked direct by credit card you would get refunded in seven days. Phoned and asked about this. Told it had been passed to refund team and they hadn't done it said he would do it. Told five to seven working days. Got the refund in two days. We have booked the same holiday for next year same time and will go with them if the price is about the same. Have been with Aer Lingus before and do like them.

Edited at 12:42 AM.
john w is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 20, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
julie b
Imagineer

Originally Posted by john w View Post
We were booked with them for November 12th. Flights all got cancelled one week before we were due to fly. I phoned them and they offered a voucher I said as I didn't know how much the flight would be next year I wanted a refund. Left it about a week and noticed on there website if you booked direct by credit card you would get refunded in seven days. Phoned and asked about this. Told it had been passed to refund team and they hadn't done it said he would do it. Told five to seven working days. Got the refund in two days. We have booked the same holiday for next year same time and will go with them if the price is about the same. Have been with Aer Lingus before and do like them.
Hi will give them around 10 days then I’m going to start phoning them...quoting that and anything else I can think of..lol..
julie b is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 20, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
julie b
Imagineer

Just phoned aer lingus...as I have heard nothing...
Got the usual response...they escalating the case ( yeah right) quoted eu regulations about refunds ...not interested...looks like I might have to go to my credit card next..
Old 10 Dec 20, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Pinkie1983
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by julie b View Post
Just phoned aer lingus...as I have heard nothing...
Got the usual response...they escalating the case ( yeah right) quoted eu regulations about refunds ...not interested...looks like I might have to go to my credit card next..
Wow! I used the webchat service as my flight from dub to bhx was cancelled on 25/11/20 and the refund was back on my card on 28/11/20. They processed the refund whilst I was on the chat service.
Pinkie1983 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 20, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
julie b
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Pinkie1983 View Post
Wow! I used the webchat service as my flight from dub to bhx was cancelled on 25/11/20 and the refund was back on my card on 28/11/20. They processed the refund whilst I was on the chat service.
He said he tried to do that while I was on the phone but the system would not let him!
Reading reviews I think it depends who you get to talk too...I couldn’t find a web chat?
Old 10 Dec 20, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Pinkie1983
Excited about Disney

He said he tried to do that while I was on the phone but the system would not let him!
Reading reviews I think it depends who you get to talk too...I couldn’t find a web chat?
That's rubbish! I logged in and clicked on contact us and if you keep scrolling a little chat bubble shows up in the bottom right corner
Pinkie1983 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 20, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
julie b
Imagineer

Found web chat... same answer there as well ... escalated to priority queue...
Old 10 Dec 20, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
ashc13
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Laurap View Post
Interesting, I just checked mine and ours are still going
Manc-Dublin-Orlando

You would think if Leeds was cancelled then so would Manchester x
Aer Lingus are still operating flights between Manchester & Dublin. Aer Lingus use their own planes (& the smaller stobart planes) on this route.
ashc13 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List