Notices

Old 25 Nov 20, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
mandco
Imagineer

anyone else not want to bubble over xmas?

I feel like I'm being mean but I really don't want to bubble over xmas
I know my sdd will be wanting to bubble with us so we can see the grandkids - and yes I'd love to see them but I know they will be mixing with load of other people and none of them have really been sticking to the rules as it is

We'll drop off their presents and I'm happy to see them socially distances outside but I know they are going to want to come over for dinner ect and I'd really rather not risk it

How do you tell someone you don't want to see them?
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 20, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

No you aren't alone in this. For us, it is really not worth the risk of bubbling with for eg DH's mum and dad. We will drop some presents round etc but that is all. They will be full on... come on in, wanting to feed us, but not happy at all about it. They are both old and his dad is high risk.

It can all be done after vaccines are rolled out.

I personally think it should have been for less days and also if they give an inch some will take a yard. I feel like I keep saying... just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May 2018!

Edited at 12:09 PM.
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 20, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mandco View Post
I feel like I'm being mean but I really don't want to bubble over xmas
I know my sdd will be wanting to bubble with us so we can see the grandkids - and yes I'd love to see them but I know they will be mixing with load of other people and none of them have really been sticking to the rules as it is

We'll drop off their presents and I'm happy to see them socially distances outside but I know they are going to want to come over for dinner ect and I'd really rather not risk it

How do you tell someone you don't want to see them?
Me! My step daughter and her husband and kids havenít been following the rules at all so I donít want to be mixing with them thank you very much
2014 Saratoga Springs Resort
2017 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2019 Highlands Reserve/Grand Plaza/Boardwalk Villas

2021 DLP New York Marvel Hotel
ChoppyGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 20, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

My best friend said the same regarding her family. She has told them that she is planning on spending Christmas alone with her husband and children. She doesnít want to make plans or invite anyone round just in case someone has to isolate at the last minute thus leaving people with potentially no Christmas dinner. As things/plans could change with no notice (some one gets ill etc) its just not worth risking.
Her parents and in laws took it well and no offence was taken 👍🏻👍🏻
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 20, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
FlorayG
Imagineer

FlorayG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 9

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Me. I'm not going to mix with people thank you very much. Luckily I don't have family any more and now my friends can't invite me to their family gatherings because they feel sorry for me (they don't say that but I know it's the reason) so I don't have to refuse them so I'm happy
FlorayG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 20, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post

We wonít be bubbling with anyone.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 20, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Pepsibubbles
Imagineer

We wont be mixing with anyone either We are fine with it and both grandparents are fine with it as well
February... 2011/2012/2015... May ... 2013/2014/2015/2016/2017/2018/2019... June ... 2014...August ... 2009/2010/2011/2014/2017... September.. 2002/2003/2005/2013/2014/2015/2016/2018/2019... November ... 2017/2018
Pepsibubbles is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 20, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
sam_b
Imagineer

No bubbling here 😀👍
sam_b is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 20, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
jdndt
Apprentice Imagineer

We're not mixing with anyone expect my oldest son who is coming home from University. I had the virus last month but I still think it's the wrong time to be mixing households.
jdndt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 20, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Tynxuk
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

Because I'm lazy I've copied and pasted this from a previous post I did:
I have mixed feelings about this, as my dad is supposed to be shielding (but doesn't) I have kept my distance and even when restrictions were lifted during the summer I only entered to cut his hair and without the rest of my family although frequently had family bike rides to visit and chat at a distance outside.

My head tells me to wait until he has been vaccinated as I work part time retail now I don't want to put him at risk, as he is just under 65 that may not happen before Christmas. I also have two brothers that live alone (one is already in a 'bubble' with my parents the other is working from home and plans to completely isolate at least a week before visiting), for us all to visit would be breaking the rule.

To add to that though, if my brothers want to help us in our new home after seeing our parents they are more than welcome to a room each lol.
20th anniversary OKW 2021?
Tynxuk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List