Notices
Intro's and Welcomes Introduce yourself and be welcomed into our community.

Old 25 Sep 18, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Mickey74
A Guest at All-Stars

New and need help!

Hi Everyone...I'm new here and need help planning my trip to Orlando.

We are planning to go November 2019 with Me,Husband Son who will be 15 while there and my 12 year old daughter.

I'm looking for a hotel/suite with 2 bedrooms pref on international drive, my brain is like mush so much to plan.

Is it cheaper to go package in hotel or to book flights/hotel myself?When is the cheapest time to book? where is the best place to buy tickets?

I'm totally clueless to all this, any help will be much appreciated. Thank you
Mickey74 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 18, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Hi, welcome to the Dibb.
I am relatively new to this whole planning thing so can't answer your questions...however, it may help you to post this in the trip planning section as more people may come across it...
There are great threads for specific months which follow prices and If cheap prices come up people always post so it is worth looking regularly on here to help you. Prices depend on how flexible you are with dates and when you want to go.
Hopefully some more experienced dibbers will be along very soon to help you
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 18, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Mickey74
A Guest at All-Stars

Thank You

Thanks for the advice, I'll have a look on the trip planning...this is such a job to organise but hopefully will all be worth it..Thanks again
Mickey74 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 18, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
a11mark
Imagineer

a11mark's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Mickey74 View Post
Thanks for the advice, I'll have a look on the trip planning...this is such a job to organise but hopefully will all be worth it..Thanks again
Yep, it's a Holiday that doesn't feel like a Holiday with all the planning, organizing and double checking you have to do. You will definitely need a holiday for your holiday.

It's not like most holidays where all you need is a book, music and a beach (I feel weird on those holidays now that I'm not booking FP or using a forum to discuss what's worth doing and tips n tricks)

But when you get home and those Florida blues hit... seeing the adverts, going on the Dibb when you have nothing booked and hearing that Michelle in accounts has booked Florida. You won't have any second thoughts going through it all over again and again and again...

Trust me its worth the stress
Old 27 Sep 18, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Mickey74 View Post
I would personally start by getting some quotes from agents, thus giving you an idea of overall pricing and the option to get them to show you exactly what you need to be booking.

We used an agent the first 3 trips (2 x villa 1x onsite) I now have the confidence to book everything separately but not sure I could've done that at the beginning as I didn't have a clue then!

You never know you may get a TA that has a great deal and they can do it all for you and take away the stress?

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 18, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Robblps
Very Serious Dibber

Flights

I'd look on skyscanner or tripadvisor and search for the flights. Ideally you want to fly into MCO. Norwegian Air are normally the cheapest option, you can price their flights up directly through their website and LowFare plus is usually what people need.

Hotels

I'd go on booking.com search for Orlando, and then when that search comes up put International drive. Just put 4 adults and 1 room, they will show you whats available then, loads will offer 2 rooms and some 3.

Are you planning on driving too ?
Robblps is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 18, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
candycat75
Imagineer

candycat75's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Hi and welcome
Old 30 Sep 18, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
taker
Getting Excited

Welcome!

I'm in the middle of planning for the first time. We go next September. Luckily this site is a great resource to make sure you don't miss anything and get some good deals. My advice would be to get a notepad or spreadsheet and list exactly what you need to book if you're doing it yourself. Once you have the list it feels less daunting and I'm sure you can get a better deal than going through a lot of agents.

So far I've booked our villa and paid the deposit on park tickets and a hire car. I'll book the flights after they're released next month when they reach a price we're comfortable paying. Once I've got the flights I'll book the travel insurance and then get the estas on 1st Jan so they cover two calendar years. After that I'll start planning fastpasses and ADRs but they're not as essential for us so I won't stress too much about them 😄.

If it all feels like a bit much there's nothing wrong with booking through a TA. At least it will feel like a proper holiday to you then rather than being a source of stress for the next few months.

Whichever way you go, I hope you have an amazing time!

Edited at 07:25 PM. Reason: Spelling
taker is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List