Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 14 Jan 19, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Life to short don't end day in ad mood with partner frends etc

I try to keep cheerful and happy but some times

Last week got a call from my sister in law to say brother been taken in to hospital with what they thought was a minor heart attack. I waited for news and when my brother did call he said they think it was a minor heart attack he had some tests done and it was he was in hos9 for 4 days he called every day to keep me up to date he home know on new tablets he all so diabetic so that dont help.

We k own our upstairs nabour for well over 30 years a d got on really well all ways helped each other when ever we can . A year or so ago the wife fell I'll and to be honest she been in and out of hospital with manor things . Just before chistmas we popped up as she just came back from hospital .she looked really I'll I sat with her and her husband she said that she not last another year . I said well you tough as old boots you out last us all she laughed and said I all ways knew what to say . She was taken back in to hospital on around the 29 of December. Found out today she been given 24 hours to live. So sad

You can't this type of thing up

Our downstairs narborough got Parkinson's and had it for a good few years of course he never get better . He got a small front garden which he got help with from his frend Garry . I was talking to Garry when he was out there with Tom our na narborough and Tom said that I fixed his computer which I did Garry said he was have problems with his I said no problem I fix it no charge he said you sure I said yes no charge a few days later he brought it up to me and I fixed it no problem. Over the next few weeks I helped Garry do a few things for Tom. Garry help Tom in the Garden ect . I saw Garry on the 17 of December wish him a happy chistmas did not think a bout . Today just got a call to say Garry was found dead on the 2o0 of December he was found by his brother mass heart attack

And to top that off I had a really bad cold pass 2o weeks
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 19, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
shirley
Imagineer

shirley's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

Life is precious, and we do take it for granted. But your post will make us think a little bit more deeply today , that you never ever know when your time is up. Sorry for all your sad news xx
shirley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 19, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
whlparkstone
Imagineer

Mobile

Oh no, I am sorry to read you are surrounded by such sadness, sorry for your loss of a friend.

You are right...life is too short to hold a grudge or cling on to anger.
Old 14 Jan 19, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
daisymae
Imagineer

Life is very precious and we should make the most of it. Dh was talking to a colleague just over a week ago, end of last week he discovered the guy had committed suicide. The 3rd person in 5 years to do so at dh company. So sad.
daisymae is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 19, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Vikkicat
Apprentice Imagineer

oh my, you are so right... things are put in perspective sometimes.

bug hugs for all with bad news this time of year {{{}}}}
Vikkicat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 19, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyPanda
Apprentice Imagineer

You are so right. I'm sorry you've had all this happen recently; wishing you and your family health and happiness moving forwards.
HappyPanda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 19, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
*jovi_girl*
Imagineer

Mobile

My biggest ever regret is not replying to a friends text.

He’d texted me on a Tuesday afternoon just to say he’d got a new phone number.

I was so busy at work I only replied with ‘ok’. He died the next day 😢

This was one of my oldest and closest friends and I was absolutely devastated. Next month will be the first anniversary of his death.
*jovi_girl* is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 19, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
cybermum
Imagineer

cybermum's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
You are so so right . Life is fleeting , its when heartache really hits you that that thought and dawning hits you like a brick.
Our BIL has been told his cancer has spread to his liver, and although they will try treatments its not good. He is only early 60's.

Our friend took his own life last summer, he was just 24. He didn't 'want to be a burden' he said in a note to his Mum who found him.
All the other 'stuff ' we go through day to day in life, the minor annoyances, the struggles, of which we all have pales when grief and the real wake up call that we aren't here very long at all impacts.
cybermum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 19, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
OP. Life can be so cruel can't it. I hope 2019 turns out a lot better for you and also that your Brother is improving and can also get his diabetes under control.

I get E Mails from my old workplace and every week there is another death notified. So much so I rarely open them anymore as it upsets me to see my old colleagues have passed away.

Best wishes.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 19, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Wise words Kev. Take nothing for granted, your whole world can just change in a heartbeat believe me
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List