Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 9 Aug 18, 01:06 AM  
Link to this Post
adrian-sara
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Going On An Adventure Day 20

I slept really bad in the night. Awake at 5am and couldn't get back to sleep. The air conditioning is SO LOUD. I already called the front desk to have it checked but it made no difference. At 6am I was pig sick and got up to turn it off. This then meant I could hear the industrial strength toilet flushes from our neighbours. 9 times. Then the fridge in the room kicked in. At 9am I got up feeling dreadfully tired. Thankfully a coffee restored me to something resembling human, and we also had a bagel to share and a granola yoghurt each. Dressed and ready for about 11am, we headed to Epcot. Our first FP was Mission Space but we had time before that to head to Norway since we wait for Frozen was just 20 mins. It was nice to go through the main queue but we didn't get long to look round Oakens shop!

Then Mission Space. We pressed some buttons and now that's enough to qualify us for the space programme. Easy peasy.

On our way from Mission Space we walked by Ellen's and checked out the massive steel structure for Guardians of the Galaxy. Grabbed a fresh brew each and headed for FP2 at spaceship earth, for 1.15pm. The time is relevant. The ride stopped a couple of times and I know this is to allow wheelchair users to get in and out. But we were literally round the corner from the exit and stopped for a good 15 minutes. By the time we got off this ride it was 2pm! I thought we would have more time between this and our final FP.

So off we went to FP3, Test Track. We should have ridden this last time we were here but it was down because of bad weather. We hung around the entrance and scanned as soon as the FP window opened at 2.15pm. As soon as we got inside the building the FP queue was there, and it took ages to get into the design room. But we eventually got there! Designed something for power and that was the only test we came first in! Super fun. Now we left test track at 2.45pm...

And we had to walk via Canada, UK, International Gateway to the Beach Club for our 3pm Beaches and Cream lunch reservation! The only thing that kept me going as we walked (very fast) was the lovely food waiting for me 😀

I had the veggie burger, same as last time. I was super hungry by the time we got here, and we did make it for 3pm but we were rather sweaty due to the rushing!

Pudding was a No Way Jose (without whipped cream). There was No Way Jose I could eat all of this but I gave it my best shot.

On our way back we stopped to check out the display about the Gondola construction, which seems to be everywhere.

Then we were back at Epcot for a cheeky 4th fastpass. Seemed appropriate that our last Epcot ride this holiday would be our favourite, and our first ride of the Disney part of our holiday. If you read that, day 8, and are still with me, congrats! And the ride is of course Soarin'.

But not before the 3 Cabelleros

We ended our Epcot visit with a Strongbow from the Rose and Crown and the 6.45pm showing of the Guardians of the Galaxy on stage in USA.

Good fun.

Back on the bus to the resort by 8pm. Today had been super hot and no rain so very humid. Lots of walking back and forward to hit fastpass and meal bookings so we were ready for showers.

2010 Emerald Island villa; 2013 Indian Ridge villa; 2015 Indian Ridge DIBB villa; 2017 Indian Ridge DIBB villa; 2018 The Pillars, Ft Lauderdale, Hard Rock Hotel and Port Orleans Riverside; 2019 Sapphire Falls
adrian-sara is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List