Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 16 Sep 18, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
sarahb161
Serious Dibber

Mobile Alamo through ebookers

Anyone booked a car with Alamo through ebookers? It seems to be half the price of booking direct with Alamo, or even using Alamo Brits. I’m assuming the ebookers price includes everything required insurance wise - it says that it includes “zero excess collision waiver”. Is that the main thing I need?
Thanks in advance!
sarahb161 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 18, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Never used ebookers but there are two fundamental insurances that you absolutely must have. One is CDW which you appear to have but more importantly, in my opinion, is SLI for at least $1m, This is otherwise known as Extended Protection with Alamo and third party liability with others.

Don't go with anyone who only offers the state minimum SLI cover of $20k

There should be no excesses on any car hire insurance either.

Mick
Old 16 Sep 18, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
weeleighluigi
Imagineer

Never used ebookers, but Andy at discount Florida Car hire normally has pretty good prices for alamo
weeleighluigi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 18, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by weeleighluigi View Post
Never used ebookers, but Andy at discount Florida Car hire normally has pretty good prices for alamo
I try not to recommend Andy more than three times a day on here as I'm sometimes accused of being a shareholder in DFCH.

Yes booked two 28 day hires with Alamo with him recently and totally confident that all insurances are included. Also very easy to do OLCI/STC when you've booked.

Mick
Old 16 Sep 18, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
weeleighluigi
Imagineer

You are probably the reason I use him! Lol

Every time we go, we use him... I have never had any problems and I know what I'm getting. I don't do the online stuff... past few times we have been straight to the desk then car. I might try it this time, the guy we got at mco alamo desk was on the hard sell... I think i said no Thank You to him maybe 33 times!
weeleighluigi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 18, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
offtoseemickey
Imagineer

offtoseemickey's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 8

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 25
Mobile

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Never used ebookers but there are two fundamental insurances that you absolutely must have. One is CDW which you appear to have but more importantly, in my opinion, is SLI for at least $1m, This is otherwise known as Extended Protection with Alamo and third party liability with others.

Don't go with anyone who only offers the state minimum SLI cover of $20k

There should be no excesses on any car hire insurance either.

Mick
Sorry to jump on this thread

I’m booked with Dollar & have looked at the t&cs. Does this cover me ok?

Thank you

Sticking to a budget Oct ‘18 Universal & off-site dining report
offtoseemickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 18, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Burgmeister
Imagineer

Burgmeister's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
I've found some good prices with Budget through ebookers but their website is very poor in that it doesn't tell you what 3rd party insurance you get with the rental.
Old 18 Sep 18, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
The mul
Apprentice Imagineer

Expedia own Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Trivago, CheapTickets and eBookers, among others.

I am just off the phone and a I spoke to an agent regarding carhire and he said after checking with a few companies that it would cost extra to purchase SLI insurance.
Old 18 Sep 18, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by offtoseemickey View Post
Sorry to jump on this thread

I’m booked with Dollar & have looked at the t&cs. Does this cover me ok?

Thank you

Sorry but the definition blurs when I expand it.

SLI looks OK but I don't like the open ended risk of paying an excess on the CDW. All the CDW we have never has any excess.

How much are you expected to pay to waive the excess? Can't see any figures.

Mick
Old 18 Sep 18, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
offtoseemickey
Imagineer

offtoseemickey's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 8

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 25
Mobile

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Sorry but the definition blurs when I expand it.

SLI looks OK but I don't like the open ended risk of paying an excess on the CDW. All the CDW we have never has any excess.

How much are you expected to pay to waive the excess? Can't see any figures.

Mick
Thank you for looking at this for me.

Here’s the full wording. Sorry - this is a lot!

Dollar rental terms
Included in the Rental Price
Insurance, Covers and Waivers
Loss Damage Waiver (LDW)
This cover provides protection if the car is stolen or its bodywork gets damaged during your rental. The most you will pay towards any replacement or repair costs which are covered by the policy is the excess. This cover is only valid if you stick to the terms of the rental agreement.
Third-Party Liability (TPL)
This covers the driver’s liability for injuries and property damage which are covered by the policy. It does not cover injuries to the driver or damage to the rental car. This cover is only valid if you stick to the terms of the rental agreement.
Supplemental Liability Insurance (SLI)
Supplemental Liability Insurance (SLI) provides up to US$ 1,000,000.00 of coverage against third-party claims which are covered by the policy, whether they’re for bodily injury or property damage as the result of an accident. This protection applies to all authorised drivers of the rental car.
Uninsured Motorist Protection (UMP)
Uninsured Motorist Protection (UMP) covers the driver's liability for costs resulting from an accident involving an uninsured driver, subject to the terms of the rental agreement. This protection applies to all authorised drivers of the rental car.
Included at no extra cost
Homeland Security Charge
Local Taxes
Premium Location Surcharge
Mileage / Kilometres
Your rental includes unlimited free kilometres.
Changing the length of your rental can affect how many kilometres you can drive for free. It can also affect how much you will pay for each additional kilometre.
Not Included in the Rental Price
Local Charges
This section shows charges that you’ll pay at the counter because of where you're picking your car up, who's driving, and where you go during your rental.
This section doesn’t show other over-the-counter costs, such as charges for fuel, child seats or additional services. You’ll find details of other charges in other sections of these terms and conditions.
You are responsible for any charges and fines, including tolls, congestion charges, speeding tickets and parking or traffic fines.
After your rental
If you’ve incurred any charges, such as speeding tickets or unpaid congestion charges, the car hire company will try to contact you when the authorities ask them who was driving. This could be months after your rental – and you’ll have to pay the company’s administration fee as well as the original charge.
Please note: to help you compare different deals, we’ve standardised the names of these charges. The names that your car hire company uses might be slightly different.
One-Way Rentals
If you arrange to pick the car up in one location and drop it off in another, the car hire company may charge a one-way fee to cover the cost of returning the car to the original location.
Prior notification is required for all one-way rentals. If you drop the car off at a location other than the one originally agreed; you will incur a 'Penalty' from the car hire company.
Other Fees
If any of the following apply, the counter staff will charge you extra when you pick your car up – or when you drop it off:

Valeting Fee
The car hire company will charge you if the car needs more than a reasonable amount of cleaning after your rental.
Unfortunately, the car hire company won't tell us how much this charge is. The counter staff will confirm whether this charge applies to you.
What you need at pick-up
Acceptable forms of payment
You are required to have a Credit Card for this booking.
The main driver must be in possession of a Credit Card in their own name when picking up the car. The Card must have enough available funds to cover the excess / deposit amount (which will be blocked on the Card for the duration of the rental). The Card will also be required to pay for local fees, extra equipment and anything purchased additionally at the car hire counter.
Cash and Debit cards are not accepted.
Accepted Credit Cards
American Express
MasterCard
Visa
Please Note:
This company will not accept prepaid, recharge or virtual credit cards – or any card on which the relevant characters are not raised (‘embossed’).
Visa Dankort cards are not accepted.
Not all car hire companies accept Chinese UnionPay credit cards. Please check the UnionPay website for details.
Licence Requirements
When picking the car up, the main driver and any additional drivers will need to provide a full driving licence in their name.
All drivers must have held their driving licence for at least 1 years.
For drivers whose national licence has a photocard licence and a secondary paper counterpart licence, both parts will be required when collecting the vehicle.
Not all suppliers accept the Chinese Driving Licence and its notarised translation.
UK licence holders who have a paper licence only, will also need an official photo for identification.
All drivers must hold a full and valid driving licence issued outside the USA, US Territories and Canada. Unfortunately it is not possible to rent this car on this package with a licence issued in the USA, US Territories or Canada.
Customers should email the details of any endorsements / penalties on their driving licence to Rentalcars.com, as they might be refused the car at the counter.
An International Driving Permit is required if the driving licence is printed with non-Roman Alphabet.
DVLA Clauses & Rules
When you go to pick your car up, the counter staff will need to see your driving licence. This car hire company will NOT need you to provide a DVLA licence ‘check code’, which many other companies now require.
Forms of Identification
A passport or identity card is required.
Rental Voucher / eVoucher
When you pick your car up, the counter staff will need to see your Rentalcars.com voucher/eVoucher, which you receive when your booking is confirmed.
Your Rentalcars.com voucher proves that the main driver has booked and paid for the car.
At pick-up, the car hire company will require EITHER a printed copy of the customer's voucher OR an eVoucher. If this is not presented, the car hire company may not allow the car to be picked up, or may charge again for the rental.
Age Requirements
Minimum age limit for this car is 20.
The car hire company’s age-related charges and restrictions will apply to all additional drivers.
Arrival Details
Flight Details – If you are arriving by plane, please tell us your flight number so we can pass it on to your rental company (ideally, at least 3 days before you pick your car up). You can tell us your flight number when you book your car. To add it to a booking you’ve already made, click ‘Manage booking’ at the top of rentalcars. Please make sure you enter your flight number and not any other number the airline may have sent you, such as a confirmation number. We cannot be held responsible if a problem with your flight stops you picking up your car. You may decide to get in touch with your airline to ask about compensation.
Deposits, Excess and Cover
Deposit / Excess
The rental company will require a security deposit of US$ 300.00 when you pick your car up. The deposit will be returned after the rental, as long as all conditions have been met.
The car has a theft excess of US$ 0.00 including tax.
There is no excess for the coverage provided by the car hire company’s CDW policy.
The damage excess only applies to parts of the car that are covered by your car’s Collision Damage Waiver policy. If other parts of the car (such as windscreen, tyres and undercarriage) are damaged, you will pay the full repair cost.
There is no excess for the coverage provided by the car hire company’s CDW policy.
Due to fluctuating foreign exchange rates and other possible banking charges, the car hire company cannot be held responsible for any difference between the amount paid and the amount refunded.
Rentalcars.com Cover
Full Protection
If you buy Full Protection, you will receive the policy documentation by email.
Optional Covers and Waivers available at counter
In the event of an accident, this insurance covers medical and legal costs for injuries which are covered by the policy, including death and loss of limb(s). This cover is only valid if you stick to the terms of the rental agreement.
Cover Arrangements
Cover Agreements
When you pick your car up, the counter staff may offer to sell you additional products in relation to your excess or deposit. If you have bought Full Protection through us, you do not need to buy them. However, the rental company’s products might provide additional benefits: for example, an advanced level of service. If you decide you want these benefits, you may choose to buy their product(s) as well.
Please make sure you read the terms and conditions of the cover you receive when signing the rental agreement at pick-up, to find out about the policy’s exclusions and limits.
Policies normally exclude things such as windscreens, glass, wheels, tyres, undercarriage, interior, personal belongings, towing charges & off-road time – as well as any ‘extra equipment’ hired from the car hire company, such as child seats and GPS devices.
Note that your cover will be invalidated by negligence, refuelling errors or breaking the terms of the rental agreement (for example, by driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs).
Before purchasing any cover, please check any travel or vehicle policies you already have, as they may provide equivalent cover.
Administration Charges
Damage to the car will be charged for by the car hire company after it is dropped off - and will incur a Damage Administration fee on top of the amount deducted from the excess.
An Immobilisation Charge is payable in the event of an accident. This is in addition to the amount deducted from the excess and is compulsory. This charge is calculated against the car group and the number of repair days.
Fuel Policy Options
Choose at Counter
When you pick your car up, the fuel tank will be full. Just choose which fuel policy you want: Full to Full or Pre-Purchase.

If you choose Full to Full, you will leave a deposit to cover the cost of the fuel in the tank. The counter staff will block this money on your credit card. Just before you return your car, please replace the fuel you've used.

If you choose Pre-Purchase, you will pay for the fuel in the tank straight away. The fuel might cost more than it would at a local petrol station. You will not be refunded for any fuel left in the tank when you drop your car off.
Extra Services (Payable at Counter)
Outside Office Hours
Please contact us if you want to change your pick-up or drop-off to a time when the counter is closed (e.g. because your plans have changed or you’ve been delayed). You can’t do this online, because we would need to check whether the rental company can arrange for someone to be there for you. If they can, there will be a fee for this.
The cost of this service will be confirmed to you before your departure date.
Cross-Border and Boundary rules
Customers whose travel plans include driving outside the country of rental (or crossing borders or travelling to different islands within the same country) must advise us before they pick the car up. Restrictions may apply for certain countries which may require the customer to pay additional fees.
Customers must inform the car hire company of any cross-border travel as restrictions may apply in certain countries where the car cannot be taken.
Taxes & Fees
Any additional services will be subject to any applicable sales taxes and location fees.
Extra Equipment (Payable at Counter)
Pay local extras equipment
Additional extras should be requested at the time of booking, and paid for (directly to the car hire company) at the time of pick-up. Please note that Rentalcars.com cannot guarantee their availability - and that prices are controlled by the car hire company and may be subject to change.
Extra Equipment Conditions
Additional extras will be subject to any applicable sales taxes and location taxes.
Customers requiring extra equipment may have to leave a deposit at the car hire counter.
Additional Drivers
The cost to add an additional driver is US$ 13.50 excluding tax, per day.
The car hire company’s age-related charges and restrictions will apply to all additional drivers.
Important Information
Rentalcars.com Important Information
To make sure you understand the rules and laws about driving hire cars at home and abroad, it’s essential you read the Terms & Conditions in full before you leave to pick your car up.

In particular, please make sure you know what documents and other paperwork you must take with you (e.g. driving licence, forms of identification, and payment cards) and what you’ll need to pay for at the car hire counter. If you don’t have everything you need, the car hire company may not let you pick the car up.
By making this booking, you are confirming that you have read and accept our Terms & Conditions.

When you pick your car up, the car hire company will need you to sign a rental agreement. Please make sure you read it carefully – and if anything is not clear, discuss it with the car hire company before you sign.

If you are dissatisfied with any aspect of your rental, it’s very important you discuss this at the time with the car hire company. If you are not satisfied with their response, please visit our Contact Us page and tell us about it.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us. You’ll find our opening hours and contact information on the Contact Us page of our website.
If you are having any problems with your hire car, please call the car hire company.
If you need any other support during you rental, please call Rentalcars.com.
Both phone numbers can be found on the Confirmation Voucher, in the section “Help on the road”.
Information Regarding Exchange Rates and Fees
Please note that Rentalcars.com cannot be held responsible for any fluctuations in exchange rates or any fee your bank or credit card issuer may also charge. So the amount that appears on your credit card statement may differ from the amount you saw when you made your booking. Equally, should we credit your account with any money, we will refund the exact amount initially charged.
Our full Terms & Conditions can be viewed at rentalcars/TermsAndConditions.do
Car Hire Company Important Information
Accident or Breakdown - In the event of a breakdown, accident or mechanical difficulties, you must call the car hire company immediately. They must give authority for repairs or replacement cars. Please keep copies of all documentation you are asked to complete. This may be needed if you wish to make a claim. For accidents, a police report and an incident report from the car hire counter will be required.
Roadside Assistance - Most car hire companies will provide some kind of emergency roadside assistance service, for which you may have to pay extra. When you pick your car up, please make sure you find out where the paperwork is kept. In most cases, it’ll be in the glove box or attached to the sun visor.
Lost Keys - If you lose your key(s), you will be charged the cost of replacement.
Seatbelt - Whatever country you’re driving in, driver and passengers must wear seatbelts if fitted, wherever they’re sitting in the car.
Please be aware that all cars have a non-smoking policy. Fines will apply if this policy is not adhered to.
Price Calculation - Prices are based on the pick-up and drop-off times and dates that you agree before your rental starts. If you pick the car up any later or bring it back any earlier, you will not receive a refund for unused time.
At pick-up, the customer may choose to take a different car, rather than the one reserved for them.
If they do, they may be charged an additional premium, even if the new car is smaller than their original choice.
If you are involved in an accident; and the car "Rolls Over" onto the roof; you may be asked to pay an additional fee on top of the excess amount.
Cancellations, No Shows & Amendments
Cancellation of Fully Prepaid Bookings
If you cancel 48 hours or more before your rental is due to start, the money you’ve paid will be refunded.
If you cancel in the 48 hours period before pick-up, the money you’ve paid will be refunded, minus the cost of a 3 days rental:
if you had booked the car for less than 3 days, there won’t be any additional charge, but you won’t receive any refund.
If you fail to turn up at the agreed time and date, and/or to provide all the necessary documentation, and/or to provide a credit card with enough available funds on it, the car hire company may refuse you the car. If that happens:
if you call us from the counter, the money you’ve paid will be refunded, minus the cost of a 3 days rental
if you do not call us from the counter, you’ll receive no refund.
Cancellation of Deposit Bookings
If you cancel 48 hours or more before your rental is due to start, you'll receive a refund of the money you've paid, minus the deposit.
If you cancel less than 48 hours in advance, but before your rental is due to start, you'll receive a refund of the money you've paid, minus either the deposit or the cost of a 3 days rental, whichever is greater.
If you had booked the car for less than 3 days, there won't be any additional charge, but you won't receive any refund.
No-Show
A ‘No-show’ is when you:
wish to cancel but don’t tell us before your rental is due to start, or
fail to pick the car up at the arranged time and date, or
fail to provide the documentation that’s required to pick the car up, or
fail to provide a credit card in the main driver’s name with enough available funds on it.
In all of these cases, you’ll receive no refund of the money you’ve paid.
The car hire company reserves the right to refuse the car to any customer who fails to arrive on time with all necessary documentation and a credit card with enough available funds for the car’s deposit. In such a case, unless the rental has been cancelled in advance, the customer will not be entitled to a refund.
Amendments (changes to your booking)
You can make changes to your booking any time before you’re due to pick the car up.
If your pick-up time is at least 48 hours away, the easiest way to do this is to go to ‘Manage booking’ in the top right-hand corner of rentalcars.
If you need to change something when your pick-up time is less than 48 hours away, please call us instead.
There is no fee for changing your booking, but any changes you make may affect the rental price.
The price is based on the pick-up and drop-off times that you arrange before your rental starts. If you pick the car up any later or bring it back any earlier, you will not receive a refund for unused hours or days.

Sticking to a budget Oct ‘18 Universal & off-site dining report
offtoseemickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List