Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 14 Jan 19, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Laing
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile 2 children car seat hire help!

Hi we have a BA fly drive and require 2 car seats for 2yr and 5yrs we there for 20 days this works out at $560 for the trip to rent a two seats does anyone know if I can buy online and arrange delivery to Avis or is the fact or having to haul them from the UK ?

Any advise would be very much appreciated

Thank you
Laing is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 19, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
I'm not an expert on Avis but my understanding is if you deal with them direct the cost is:-

USD 13.00 per day
Max. $65 per rental

Those figures are per seat.

Tel 1-800-230-4849 with your booking reference number.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976

Edited at 12:45 PM.
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 19, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Laing
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile

Great thank you
Laing is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 19, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Hibby70
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

We've got a Bubblebum car seat which we used for Uber on our last trip. Hiring a car this time round so had planned to use it from the airport and pick up a proper backed booster on the way to the villa.

Anyone know the best chain to get one from - eg Walmart, target etc
Hibby70 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 19, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Zomax25
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I would NEVER hire a car seat. Buy a cheap one and take it with you (the hires ones will be cheap). All airlines allow car seats for kids free. We even take for our eldest, who was 8 last time.
Zomax25 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 19, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Gadge
Proud to wear my Ears

We took two car seats with us..what hassle if was.

Tip 1 - get a bag to put the seat in, they are on Amazon for £5 or so but make it easier to drag around.

Tip 2 - take some string or bungee cord or something you can use to tie the seat bags from tip 1 to the airport trolley since the trolleys are pretty small

Edited at 10:28 PM.
Gadge is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 19, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

We always take our own, this year we have 6 and 2 year olds.
2 year old is rear facing here so we take her seat. I have a Trunki booster pack for my 6 yo. He is unbelievable 132cm so almost doesn’t need a seat.

I have a big orange car seat bag that has rucksack straps on it. I’ve pimped it up this year and added wheels to make it an it easier to move about. Dh will be happy 😃
Tbh it’s not that much hassle and I would rather them have their own seats that they are comfortable in.

Edited at 11:27 PM.
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 19, 11:28 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Hibby70 View Post
We've got a Bubblebum car seat which we used for Uber on our last trip. Hiring a car this time round so had planned to use it from the airport and pick up a proper backed booster on the way to the villa.

Anyone know the best chain to get one from - eg Walmart, target etc
Either, have a look on their websites first. Target will let you know which ones are in stock and a particular store.
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 19, 11:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

We take our own too. On our last trip the two who needed car seats were 6 and turning 2, we got a more lightweight seat for the 2 year old one as his normal one is a bulky isofix, and managed to fit that and the high back booster in one car seat bag. It meant I was happy with the seats we had and we knew how to fit them properly
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 19, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Stevelovesfl
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Laing View Post
Hi we have a BA fly drive and require 2 car seats for 2yr and 5yrs we there for 20 days this works out at $560 for the trip to rent a two seats does anyone know if I can buy online and arrange delivery to Avis or is the fact or having to haul them from the UK ?

Any advise would be very much appreciated

Thank you
I am about to book with Avis for a trip in March and for 17 days car hire on Avis it's coming out at £50.96 each.

We will take one for my youngest as he is rear facing still. I am probably going to buy one from Wallmart for my 4 year old and bring it back home as it would be handy to keep in the grand parents car. We are staying a night at the airport so I can pop out, pickup the car and get one locally.

walmart/search/?cat_...hProductResult
Stevelovesfl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List