Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 15 Sep 18, 11:23 PM  
Link to this Post

Question Flight Seat Position

Hi,

I have picked the seats for our flight next month and I have chosen seats 62a & c as well as 63 a & c behind.

It's a Virgin flight, Aircraft Boeing 747-400.

Which seats are first off? I have difficulty standing and if we are last off I force quite a long queue at immigration. I will change my seats if possible to be quicker off the plane.

Thanks everyone
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 18, 11:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

They unload in this order usually -

the economy row near the door only to free up door space.
then downstairs PE and UC
then upstairs
then rest of economy from front to back
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 18, 12:32 AM  
Link to this Post
andy10xo
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

Those seats are right at the back so you'll be some of the last ones off the aircraft. I'd look into switching if possible if standing at immigration is an issue.

The door by row 25 is used for boarding/leaving so as mentioned 25 ABC are the only downstairs economy passengers that go before anyone else. Looks like you'll need to be looking for something between 25 - 37

Also, even if you are first off the plane there is always the possibility of being at the back of the queue in immigration if other flights arrived first.
andy10xo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 18, 01:33 AM  
Link to this Post

Thanks everyone, I'll have a look at the seat plan again and I will prob have to look into contacting someone to advise my prob with standing for too long. Its not as if they have seats dotted along the immigration queue to rest lol I'm just a bit paranoid of everyone looking at me because I do need a bit of assistance. Health issues :-(
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 18, 08:05 AM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

My mum has one of these: amazon/product-rev...owViewpoints=0

She can't walk far and it helps when she just needs to stop for a bit.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 18, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
finnsmum
Imagineer

finnsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Guidebook Photos: 1
Originally Posted by family4 View Post
Thanks everyone, I'll have a look at the seat plan again and I will prob have to look into contacting someone to advise my prob with standing for too long. Its not as if they have seats dotted along the immigration queue to rest lol I'm just a bit paranoid of everyone looking at me because I do need a bit of assistance. Health issues :-(
don't worry what anyone else thinks. if you need airport assistance request it. i did this with my mum and some one was waiting at the plane door with a wheelchair and helps us through.
Old 16 Sep 18, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
finnsmum
Imagineer

finnsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Guidebook Photos: 1
we initially booked 62 outbound and return but yesterday changes the outbound to row 26 after thinking about getting off the plane. We have 63 booked for the retun but in fine with being at the back when we arrive into Manchester. At least row 63A/C have extra space by the window for hand luggage which leave space under the seat in front to stretch out