Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 15 Sep 18, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
AhoyShipmates
Excited about Disney

Mobile First time at DLP - lots of questions!

We’re staying at Sequoia Lodge in December with the half board Plus deal.

Nearly all the recent reviews of SL on Tripadvisor say it’s desperately in need of a refurb. Should we move to Newport or hope for a decent room? I love the theming of Sequoia so I’d like to stay, but I’m going with my elderly mum and I don’t want her first Disney stay to disappoint.

Which restaurants are best for vegetarians? France is usually dire for us eating out-wise so we’d appreciate any recommendations from Dibbers.

How far is it to Sequoia Lodge from the TGV station? Will we need a taxi or is it walkable with cases?

If the parks close quite early, are there any films shown or is Buffalo Bill the only entertainment?

Many thanks in advance for your help.
AhoyShipmates is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 18, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
aj2703
slightly serious Dibber

I think the hotel was refurbed around 2013 so i can't see it being that bad. We have stayed there a few times since with no complaints.

Can't help with the vegetarian restaurant bits sorry !

The Hotel from the station is about a 15 - 20 minute walk. However right outside the station is a free shuttle bus to the hotel.

There is a cinema within the grounds. You'll have to check if there are any films in English being shown. However Sequoia has a lovely bar area with a beautiful log fire. Chances are once you are sat down there in the evening you wouldn't want to get up anyway. Maybe bring a book or two or ipad etc :-)

You said your mum was elderly. Is she mobile or in a chair?. Not sure if the lodges have a lift. I don't think they do so stairs only. That maybe something to consider. The main hotel has lifts from all floors so if you are in there you should be fine.
aj2703 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 18, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
AhoyShipmates
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Thank you so much. The log fire area sounds wonderful, though I think an iPad will be a must for my son as he’s not into sitting still even with a fire!

My mum is mid-80s but active, though we’ll definitely use a shuttle with the cases.

I’m looking at the restaurant menus now and it seems they all have a veggie option.
AhoyShipmates is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 18, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
aj2703
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by AhoyShipmates View Post
Thank you so much. The log fire area sounds wonderful, though I think an iPad will be a must for my son as he’s not into sitting still even with a fire!

My mum is mid-80s but active, though we’ll definitely use a shuttle with the cases.

I’m looking at the restaurant menus now and it seems they all have a veggie option.
I don't know how you booked or who with but you could also maybe consider Disney Express for your luggage. Basically when you arrive at the train station you go to the top floor and drop your cases off at the Disney Express desk. They will take your luggage to your hotel for you. That would leave you with a nice walk through the village to the hotel. Might also be worth considering as you can do it for when you travel back too if it's by train.
aj2703 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 18, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
AhoyShipmates
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Thank you. We booked with Disney and were offered that option but as I thought we wouldn’t be going straight to the parks I passed on it. I may need a rethink.
Old 15 Sep 18, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Animagus
Imagineer

Hi
I've been looking at restaurants too as I'm a veggie. I think the buffets look a decent bet. I'm tempted by Agrabah and I've heard good things about Hunters Grill in SL. Vapiano in the Village also comes highly recommended.
Animagus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 18, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkjon
Imagineer

Tinkjon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Agrabah is *amazing* for veggies and vegans. It depends how fussy you are though, as it's not 'plain' food! It's by far the best place for vegetarians in the park though - so many interesting salads and veg dishes!
Tinkjon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 18, 05:04 AM  
Link to this Post
AhoyShipmates
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Thanks for the recommendations. I’m not fussy at all and I love spices and salads.

Captain Jack’s has a small veggie menu too, and the theming looks great fun.
Old 16 Sep 18, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Angeshall
Trying for More Ears

Hi there
We go on Thursday for 4 nights and I’m Veggie, so have booked mostly buffet restaurants. We have booked Bistrot Chez Remy, Parkside Diner, Plaza Gardens and Agrabah.

Staying in NY hotel so can’t help with the hotel query, but I’ll report back on the restaurant choices when I’m back.
Angeshall is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 18, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkjon
Imagineer

Tinkjon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Originally Posted by AhoyShipmates View Post
Captain Jack’s has a small veggie menu too, and the theming looks great fun.
There was only one dish for each course - the main (curry) was ok but the starter was to die for. One of the nicest meals I've ever had!
Tinkjon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List