Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 16 Dec 18, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
How does your Christmas day go?

I'm just having a discussion on Christmas Morning with my Husband.

As a child he got a stocking on the end of the bed and then had to wait until about 3pm, after their lunch was eaten and cleaned up, for his other gifts

Mine was totally the opposite, I came downstairs and all of my gifts were there waiting for me, OMG I would burst with excitement at seeing the pile of gifts

Fast forward to our Daughter arriving, I have had total control on how our Christmas works (thankfully as I might have sulked )

How does your morning pan out?

95 Indian Ridge - 98 Hamiltons Reserve - 00 Omni Rosen - 07 West Stonebridge - 09 Lake Wilson - 11/13/14 Town Centre - 16/18/20 Windwood - 22 Highland - 24 Calabria - 26 Highland
sophiepop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Dec 18, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
taylaboo
Imagineer

Mobile

Son and dil arrive xmas eve evening and all the family are coming over for a buffet and drinks (and Xmas eve boxes). On Christmas day we wait for everyone to arrive before opening the main presents.
Villa at Champions Gate -2019
Rosen Hotel May 2023
taylaboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Dec 18, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
not2old4disney
slightly serious Dibber

Stocking hangs on their door handle (only cos if we put it on their beds they'd probably wake up ) and the 3 kids bring them into our room and sit on our bed to open them - used to be while me and DH were peeling our eyes open but last year I was at the point of going to wake them up when they surfaced! Anyway, then we all go downstairs and the gifts are spilling out from under the tree and its a matter of finding anything with your name on and getting stuck in! Then we all have breakfast and late morning/early afternoon my parents and then brother will arrive with more presents and we'll all have Christmas dinner together, lots of crackers, party poppers and finish off with some kind of game
not2old4disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Dec 18, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

When I was a child we would wake at 3 am and open our stockings but then be sent back to bed! As we got older we were allowed into our parents room at 8am with a cup of tea to have our presents lol when we were younger they were in the lounge.
My daughter is 7 and has not once woken up early, I usually get fed up of waiting and start making loud noises at 8 am. I think with my daughter there is so much build build and excitement weeks before hand what with stuff going on in school, she goes to bed later and wakes up earlier that by the time Christmas day comes she catches up on her sleep!
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Dec 18, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
liz-paul
Very Serious Dibber

The two boys wake at the crack of dawn (only day of they ear they are allowed to get up at 6!) and bring their stockings from their rooms into our room to open them while I pretend to have my eyes open but really am still dozing! OH gets up and I am (sometimes literally!) dragged out of bed and stagger downstairs to the living room. Presents are opened, we don't wait for anyone else to arrive but my Dad and Stepmum will be staying this year so they might make an appearance... MIL (and my mum when she still lived close enough) arrives about 11am (but she's a broken wrist so we'll have to go and get her this year). OH cooks the dinner and the rest of us sit about drinking wine, playing games, chatting etc. Most grown ups fall asleep after dinner, MIL goes home early evening (so no wine for me this year as I'll be driving her home) and we might watch a bit of telly, a movie or play a board game.
liz-paul is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Dec 18, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Tigger71
Imagineer

Tigger71's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Stockings in the lounge - kids are allowed to open these whilst I prepare breakfast.

Then, when everyone is down (some family visitors dragged out of bed😃 - normally 6.30/7) we open all the presents whilst having breakfast at the same time.

Christmas dinner at around 1pm.
Old 16 Dec 18, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

Mobile

Christmas Eve is the biz in our house. Baked ham, chips and egg for tea.
Make and decorate gingerbread for Santa (even the 15 year old male says it always has to happen! ) then a drive around to see the best of the towns Christmas lights.
Stockings at the door of each room. Then in the morning all pile onto our bed to open the stockings.
Then down stairs to open presents one by one.
The cooking then starts slowly, helped by lots of prosseco (I cook better drunk )
This year I am working Christmas night and hoping to welcome a baby or two! So things will all be brought forward a day, apart from the stockings and presents, as, well Father Christmas can’t change hundreds of years of traditions just for us!
dreamadream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Dec 18, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

We would get stockings which we could open when we woke up. Then everyone had to get up, washed and dressed for us to have breakfast together, and after breakfast we would open the tree presents.

We don't get stockings anymore, but we still have breakfast together, usually around 10am, before doing presents.

We usually have lunch around 3pm. Before lunch we take the dogs for a good run.
Old 16 Dec 18, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

we wake up about 7.30am (i've always had to wake DD on xmas morning), DD opens her pressies from Santa, then all my immediate family (we are all in the same town on xmas day) congregate at my sister's house for family pressie opening, and breakfast cobs . My mum goes to church on xmas morning, the rest of us visit for a bit/go for a walk/eat chocolate, then at around 3.30 we all meet up again, this time at my mum's, for a full xmas dinner. I think this year there are 12 of us. By around 9pm we'll have stuffed ourselves silly with good food, enjoyed good company and a good laugh, and we'll be ready for home and slobbing out in pjs til bed .

Edited at 06:08 PM.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Dec 18, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
katy341
Imagineer

Mobile

Christmas morning the children wake up and find Santa has left their stockings by the side of their beds. They are allowed to come in and wqje us at 7am. They open stockings on our beds. Then it's down stairs to see if he's been! They have to wait 5min while we make a cuppa then they dig in!

Our family plans and lunch varies but this year we are all having lunch at 1.30 at my aunt's house then at around 7ish we will come home and bring gran who will stay over this year so night time will be a little cold buffet rubbish tv a glass of wine and chill!
katy341 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List