Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 14 Jan 19, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Littlelufs32
Excited about Disney

Mobile Akershus

Hi

I'm looking for opinions on Akershus please.
Is it any good/worth it? I've read a few off putting reviews on trip advisor.

I'm not sure I fancy the menu either but my daughter would love to see the princesses.

Do the charactors come out for lunch and dinner too or only breakfast?

Thanks 🙂
Littlelufs32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 19, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Have only been for breakfast - was lovely.

Food was fantastic - mix of continental buffet and hot food served on platters to the table - so the kids could eat their fill of pastries and yoghurt and fruit -and I could have bacon and sausage!

Princesses - and their interaction with all the kids was second to none. Don't know which ones you get now - they were on rotation when we were there a few years back, but there was a photo op with Belle, we saw Snow White, Sleeping beauty, Mulan, Jasmine - and they all talked and sang or did a little dance and my girls had such a good time.

Bloomin pricey, but still remembered.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 19, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
webby3
slightly serious Dibber

We loved it when we went for breakfast in 2017, our favorite character meal. Have booked again for May.
yes its pricey but for us it was worth it, my 6 year old daughter was in heaven.
webby3 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 19, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

Mobile

We went in Oct , characters spent ages with the kids at the table. Food was good , I would book again
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 19, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

We have only done dinner. Food wasn’t particularly to my choice but it was actually not bad.
Princesses were amazing, some the best interaction we have had. They spent ages at our table and made a big fuss of our son. Worth it even if you just go for the princesses.
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 19, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Littlelufs32
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Thanks everyone.

It sounds better then expecte.

I'll try and squeeze a sneaky breakfast in then 😉
Littlelufs32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 19, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Littlelufs32 View Post
Thanks everyone.

It sounds better then expecte.

I'll try and squeeze a sneaky breakfast in then 😉
I think that is exactly it - the interaction in particular was much, much better than we expected. A lovely surprise.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 19, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Pez01
VIP Dibber

Really like the breakfast here... they bring a platter of the usual breakfast stuff (bacon, sausage, scrambled eggs and a cheesy potato rosti which was fit) but they also have a really good buffet with pastries, fruit, cereal and a really tasty fish bit with smoked salmon, cheese, pickled herrings and other Norwegian type stuff which I really enjoyed.

The princesses do come around a lot and I found it was not as rushed as Cinderella's Royal Table.

You get to meet Belle on the way in and they have a photopass photographer there.

They also get the kiddos up and do a parade around the restaurant.

Just checked my photos from July - we saw Cinderella, Snow White, Aurora and Ariel.

2001 Sheraton International Drive
2016 Caribbean Beach Resort
2017 Port Orleans Riverside
2018 Port Orleans Riverside and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Port Orleans French Quarter and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Disneyland Paris Disneyland Hotel
Pez01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 19, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

We went for breakfast and really enjoyed it, it's essentially a buffet but they bring plates of Mickey waffles, eggs, potatoes, sausage and bacon to the table and refill them whenever you want more. The food was nice and the character interaction was good too xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List