Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 12 Mar 18, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
sunny1
Excited about Disney

cali grill - no fireworks

I wonder if anybody knows the answer to this

the night we go to the cali grill there are no MK fireworks

would we be able to come back and view another night ?
sunny1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 18, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryL
Imagineer

What date are you going that MK doesn't have fireworks?
I don't believe there's an option to return on an alternative night
BarryL is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 18, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

There are some form of fireworks scheduled every night in MK. If it's an August/September date you've booked, I suspect it will be a MNSSHP night (if the park hours are also showing a 6pm close for MK, this is highly likely) which has its own fireworks show - Hallowishes. They don't announce those dates until next month, so it won't show in the schedule yet.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 18, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryL
Imagineer

I'm guessing it could also be Night of Joy which doesn't have fireworks (and hasn't been officially announced yet). It really depends on date
BarryL is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 18, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
johnandmaz
Imagineer

Blimey. talk about learning something new every day. I didn't realise there were nights with no fireworks.

Florida - 91, 93, 94, 95, 97, 01, 03, 05, 07 - twice, 09, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 24
johnandmaz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 18, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BarryL View Post
I'm guessing it could also be Night of Joy which doesn't have fireworks (and hasn't been officially announced yet). It really depends on date
Yup, I was just coming back to edit this on - just read the rumour that this may be returning to MK this year. There may also not be fireworks on nights where it's closed a private function but those are uncommon.

I'd have a backup reservation on a fireworks night if it's important to you, as I doubt they'd let you back on a different day.
Old 13 Mar 18, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
sunny1
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
There are some form of fireworks scheduled every night in MK. If it's an August/September date you've booked, I suspect it will be a MNSSHP night (if the park hours are also showing a 6pm close for MK, this is highly likely) which has its own fireworks show - Hallowishes. They don't announce those dates until next month, so it won't show in the schedule yet.
we are booked for mid September and the park does close early that day so maybe it is hallowishes ?

thank you so much
sunny1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 18, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Gezzs
Imagineer

According to this thread: https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...t=night+of+joy , Night of Joy is 6th/7th Sept (according to SMAX). It also lists the early closing dates for MK, most of which will likely be MNSSHP.

Florida: July 2009, Aug 2011, Sept 2014, Sept 2018, Sept 2024
Disneyland Paris: Dec 2023
Gezzs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 18, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

As far as I'm aware NOJ is now at espn and has been for a couple of years!

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 18, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by bighal View Post
As far as I'm aware NOJ is now at espn and has been for a couple of years!
It has been, the rumour is that it's returning to MK. Although I've seen other rumours that it won't be on this year at all. So all speculation at this point AFAIK, but given the four early closures in a row (detailed in the other thread) I suspect that the MK rumour is correct.