Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 14 Mar 18, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaNuts93
Imagineer

ADR ‘s

Stupid question time- if you book an ADR for four people, but then end up with five - can you turn up hoping they can seat you, or is this a nono? Thanks

SEE OUR VILLA AT:www.ospreyhouseorlando.com. Luxury five bed/four bath villa with extra large (40 ft) pool overlooking conservation area. Also includes games room.

License number: DWE 4514584
FloridaNuts93 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 18, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Gezzs
Imagineer

I'm no expert, but probably better to book for five and arrive with four. I only say this as I read a 'tip' in a dining guide book suggesting tables for two are harder to get than three, so the suggestion was to book for three and say someone could not make it.

Florida: July 2009, Aug 2011, Sept 2014, Sept 2018, Sept 2024
Disneyland Paris: Dec 2023
Gezzs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 18, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Gipsy 4
slightly serious Dibber

Gipsy 4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Mobile

Think it would depend on the restaurant. We tried to add my brother in to our ADRs a few years ago. Most were fine but the most popular ones we couldn’t do it. They said that due to the maximum capacity of the restaurant it wouldn’t allow to add an extra person on. You could risk it but you may be turned away.
Gipsy 4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 18, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaNuts93
Imagineer

Thank you both.

SEE OUR VILLA AT:www.ospreyhouseorlando.com. Luxury five bed/four bath villa with extra large (40 ft) pool overlooking conservation area. Also includes games room.

FloridaNuts93 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 18, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

I wouldn't risk it, as you'll probably only be allocated a four top table. Turning up with more than this will then mean shifting you to a larger table, which they may not have the capacity to do - especially if you're at a more popular restaurant.

As above, always better to book larger and only have part of the group show up than the other way around.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 18, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

As long as one person shows up you won’t get charged for the others not being there so I’d book for 5.
Unexpectedpenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 18, 12:17 AM  
Link to this Post
FloridaNuts93
Imagineer

Mobile

Thank you. 😃

Old 15 Mar 18, 12:24 AM  
Link to this Post
TGT
Imagineer

I finally got a Be Our Guest reservation for 4, then one of my friends had to cancel but another friend and her son said they'd come. When it was time, I went to the 'front desk' and asked if it was possible to add one, politely, smiling, said if not we totally understood and one would go off into MK for a while, I said we were happy to squish up & as one of our party was in a wheelchair wouldn't need that 4th chair anyway.

She called the restaurant and they allowed all 5 of us in - despite turning folks away in droves. More money for them I guess. Weirdly, this was the week after Hurricane Irma and the restaurant was half empty throughout our meal (I assume staff shortages perhaps).

I'd recommend trying to get a reservation for all your party, but if it's hard to get and you can get 1 short, take it and ask on the assumption that they'll say no...and if they say yes, then result! (Draw straws for who gets to sit outside!)
TGT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List