Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 15 Mar 18, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Just had worst meal ever in Florida

At the Cheesecake Factory first choice wasn't available when we arrived
at 2pm .
So I then decided on Chicken Maderia it arrived absolutely freezing and 10 mins after everyone else's I sent it back and when they brought it out it had obviously been zapped in the microwave mash burnt round the edges chicken rubbery and sauce dried up so it was left
To be fair everyone else had a lovely meal and they did take mine off the bill and give us free cheese cake which I couldn't stomach by then we did leave a tip but I won't hurry back
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 18, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Oh dear! That's disappointing. Glad you got your money back on the meal. I've always really enjoyed the mains. To me I quite like the cheesecake itself, but I remember being disappointed the first time that it was frequently more of a gateau than a biscuit base.

Hope your next Florida meal is 100% better.
Old 15 Mar 18, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Plato
Serious Dibber

We have only done CF once and we really didn't enjoy and didn't get the hype.
Plato is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 18, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

It's very poor (at least the one in Naples ) . Restaurants huge, menu even bigger, quantity over quality in a fancy setting. My daughter was served up raw chicken.
Old 16 Mar 18, 12:58 AM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
It's very poor (at least the one in Naples ) . Restaurants huge, menu even bigger, quantity over quality in a fancy setting. My daughter was served up raw chicken.
What a coincidence! I didn't mention it in the other post but on our first visit to one in San Antonio my husband was served raw halibut. The waitress couldn't quite understand why it was a problem.
Old 16 Mar 18, 02:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

I'm so glad it's wasn't just me then in contrast last night we had a lovely meal in Sonnys just 2mins from the villa last night they didn't charge for Gds23months meal as they were amazed he had ribs pulled pork corn bread and root beer ( yes he eats like his dad wouldn't put a chicken nugget or anything on a kids menu except for Mac and cheese in mouth )
And he's built like a pin
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 18, 08:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Helen. Mmm, sounds like your meal was dire. I know it can happen anywhere but it's still a pain when it does.

If I ever send food back I make sure I cut it so I can tell if the same one reappears. If it does it goes back again and I tell them not to bother.
Microwaves are for heating baked beans and thats about it!

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 18, 09:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
The first meal we had there was lovely, we went back just for desert in 2016 and it was £50 and horrible. I wouldn’t hurry back!
Old 16 Mar 18, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
barry206
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Not good to hear Helen.. which Cheesecake Factory was it as it’s on our list for this year..
barry206 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 18, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
andylad
Very Serious Dibber

we have been lots of times to different locations and only once was i not impressed .

andylad
andylad is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List