Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 17 Jan 20, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Ginners
Proud to wear my Ears

Changing Resorts from CSR

Hi all!

Just wondering, has anyone had any luck with changing to another resort if there's no availability showing online?

We're booked in at CSR for May but I'm a bit worried that we won't like it there, we stayed at CBR resort last time and loved it but reviews for CSR seem to be a bit split with how big the resort is, travel to parks etc.
First Villa Trip- Oct 2023

Ginners is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 20, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
JanetteP
Imagineer

I've changed resort and dates from POFQ in May to AKL in September, but there was availability online. I did phone once to get Club Level at AKL but as there was no availability online, there was nothing they could do. Worth a try though. I'd probably stay at CSR for a change, I'm sure it will be lovely.

Janette
Dreamy Corner June 23, Potter’s Villa May 22, Shamu Villa Sep 22,AKL, HRH Lakeside Haven Sep 19, Lakeside Haven RPR May 19. White Blossom & Viburnum Villa Aug 18. SSR, Aurora Villa May 18. Kidani, RPR Champion Florida Villa 17, Staybridge Suites, White Blossom & Owens Villa 16 OKW, Champion Florida Villa & RPR 16, Magic Landings 15, Grand Reserve & HRH 2014, Tuscan Pines 12, Highgrove 09, Legacy Park 07, Indian Point 06 and 05, Florida Pines 04
Graduation Trip 2019
+ Trip Report 2018
JanetteP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 20, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
No. I called to switch to POFQ ever hopeful that they weren’t showing everything that was available. Unfortunately if it doesn’t show online they can’t do anything. I was told to keep an eye out online as the availability is live.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 20, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

I would stay it is really lovely we have just had 2 weeks there and booked to go back again next Christmas, I was very hesitant before we went, but it was really great feels like a deluxe resort, the restaurants are great, and the bar/restaurant in the middle of the lake is fantastic in the evening, plus, Toledos at the top of the tower is v nice. The swimming pool is very nice. Honestly is is really good value for money and I am a really picky person, I honestly don't think I would book anywhere else at the moment.
The travel to the parks is absolutely fine, the only time I thought the buses were slow was there didn't seem to be many going to and from Disney Springs, but it is really well placed for Hollywood and Animal Kingdom, and its about 10 mins to Epcot or Magic Kingdom

Edited at 09:55 AM.
Jaspercat10 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 20, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Ginners
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Thanks all, really helpful info!
First Villa Trip- Oct 2023

Ginners is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 20, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post

Assuming you booked with WDTC, then what you see online will be what they have available.

I stayed at CBR last year and will be at CSR in December. I think it looks like a great resort and I am definitely expecting it to be a step up from CBR.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 20, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I think it’s really easy to starting feeling like another resort will be better than what you have booked. We’ve stayed at all the moderates except POFQ and visited it last year. Now I have a burning desire to stay there! I know part of that is because it’s the only one we haven’t been to! When I think about each resort there are good points of each and I would happily stay at any of them again.
CSR is a beautiful resort and it definitely has a more deluxe feel than moderate. We’ve more or less decided to stick with it this year and look for something different next year.
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List