Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 17 Jan 20, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Thumbs up Cobra

COBRA anyone else watch it? Looks promising, ready to download whole series if you want to binge
Old 17 Jan 20, 11:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Jedi Princess
Imagineer

Mobile

Me

I watched the first 3 episodes tonight. Will watch the rest tomorrow.
Old 18 Jan 20, 12:04 AM  
Link to this Post
colin39
Imagineer

Mobile

If its the series im thinking of with the clever geeks, the 1st series was good, and then it just fell apart.
Each to their own, it might have just been us, but really enjoy the 1st series
Old 18 Jan 20, 07:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Jedi Princess
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by colin39 View Post
If its the series im thinking of with the clever geeks, the 1st series was good, and then it just fell apart.
Each to their own, it might have just been us, but really enjoy the 1st series
It’s a new disaster drama series, on Sky One.
Old 18 Jan 20, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Mobile

Heard it advertised on classic fm and thinking it might be my thing to watch so will download it

I watched official secrets on a recent flight - it was only on at the pictures a couple of months ago so I don’t except it did well to be on a VS flight in December but I really enjoyed it (but how close it really was to real events is debatable)
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 20, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
colin39
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Jedi Princess View Post
It’s a new disaster drama series, on Sky One.
Just watched it. I was thinking of a show called scorpion, lol .
Old 19 Jan 20, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Bondy007
Imagineer

Watched 3 episodes last night and got confused with the plane crash! If I fell asleep and missed something please help me out!
Plane enroute from Malaga, said it was running on fumes, were told to divert to RAF Coningsby as that was closest airstrip. A second later it crashed on the A1 near Newton Aycliffe... 150 miles from Coningsby...
I think the script writers got their geography way wrong and were supposed to say RAF Catterick which is literally on the doorstep (well 20 miles) from Newton Aycliffe...

Other than that little issue, it seems watchable...
Old 19 Jan 20, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bondy007 View Post
Watched 3 episodes last night and got confused with the plane crash! If I fell asleep and missed something please help me out!
Plane enroute from Malaga, said it was running on fumes, were told to divert to RAF Coningsby as that was closest airstrip. A second later it crashed on the A1 near Newton Aycliffe... 150 miles from Coningsby...
I think the script writers got their geography way wrong and were supposed to say RAF Catterick which is literally on the doorstep (well 20 miles) from Newton Aycliffe...

Other than that little issue, it seems watchable...
I said exactly the same to my Dh , why didn't they go to Catterick or Leeming which is right near newton Aycliffe. Director needs sacking 😂
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 20, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Bondy007
Imagineer

Also, why is there a campsite at the hospital! Where were all these people housed before the power cut. Surely they would be better off being in their own homes even without electricity. At least they'd still have running water and their own beds. Now all they've got is cold tents and no water at all...
I'm losing interest in this program more each episode now... !
Old 20 Jan 20, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Mobile

I binge watched the lot and, on the whole, enjoyed it. There were a few inaccuracies (but given there was no power then water would not have been able to be pumped to properties so the camp made sense to me) but it was supposed to be a sort of make believe anyway and I thought it was good fun. Strong cast and good acting with plenty of twists along the way
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List