Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 18 Jan 20, 08:28 AM  
Link to this Post

My mum and dad meet when they were both teachers at the same school. 30 something years later still married, although I don’t think it’s a very happy marriage. They have nothing in common and my dads a right grump.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 20, 08:38 AM  
Link to this Post
TheHughesCrew
Imagineer

My parents were junior lifeguards together. They divorced soon after they had me. Mum then met my amazing step father at a party at my Nanny’s next door neighbours. She did a cartwheel and flashed her knickers, the rest is history
TheHughesCrew is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 20, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Sas
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

My parents were both working in Guernsey, English Dad and Irish mum x
Old 18 Jan 20, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Ds4ljs
Imagineer

Ds4ljs's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Not quite sure how they met but do know they were engaged but my Dad didn’t feel ready to get married so as my mum tells it...
She got blind drunk and packed him in, joined the navy and moved to Scotland. She came home on leave for a few days about a year later and bumped into Dad on the High Street. He told her he was getting married. She congratulated him and went to move away and he proposed on the High Street. She said she wouldn't marry him if he was the last man on earth! We lost him last year after they had 50+ wonderful years ( and me and my brother!). I loved that she said no until my Gran gave her what for!😀
Ds4ljs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 20, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
My parents met in Chelmsford at a place called the Long Bar... he was from Cork originally and she had moved over from Belfast, where we returned to when I was young for a while.

My grandparent on my Mothers side... there’s a tale.

They met, how I’m not sure but She was a catholic and he was a Protestant They met in secret as neither family would have approved and eventually when of the right age got married secretly, met each other during the day and then went home to their respective parents houses. Eventually, of course, my granny fell pregnant... her family decided it was better to be married to a Protestant than be an unmarried catholic !

They had 8 children, 5 lived into adulthood, they separated when my mother (the eldest) was 13. She went onto live with someone else, no divorce for obvious reasons, she died young, she was about 48/50. My grandad eventually married another women when he was 75 and died aged 80
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 20, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

Don't know about first marriage but do about second one. Mum was widowed at a very young age and we went to boarding school in London. After visiting us one day she was on the train back to Leeds when a fellow said "Don't I Know you?" She was ready to dismiss him and then looked again, it was the first boy she ever went out with. He was a widower, the rest is history. They were married for 30yrs.
Old 18 Jan 20, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

My Dad was in the IOM to race in the TT races and my Mum worked behind the bar of a pub he and his friends frequented.
Old 18 Jan 20, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
sueandco
Imagineer

sueandco's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
My parents met dancing just after dad was discharged from national service (he had been in Korea and Tokyo), dad died a couple of months before their sixtieth wedding anniversary.
Old 18 Jan 20, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Dougie
Imagineer

Dougie's Reviews
My mom lived with her parents and my Uncle ( her brother) and one day my Uncle bought this bloke home that he had started working with. The bloke and my mom have been married for 56yrs .

Even though dad can be a miserable old man at times (it must be a family thing as his 3 brothers are the same) they are still happy. They laugh a lot and go out every Sat and Sun night . I think sometimes , thats why i am still single at 50. I am looking for what they have got and want the same.

Edited at 09:46 AM.
Dougie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 20, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
DiszeeBelle
Imagineer

Mobile

Mine were neighbours. Started going out mam aged 13 dad aged 15, engaged 16/18, married 18/20, had me aged 20/22 and will have been married 43yrs this august. God knows how! 😄
DiszeeBelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List