Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 13 Mar 19, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
Another good day. I agree about breakfast at BOG - great value on the dining plan, but not so great if paying oop. Do you have lunch booked at all? That's one of our favourites.
Looking forward to seeing where you end up on your down day. Wolfgang Puck Express, Blaze, D-Luxe and Polite Pig are all great QS places at Disney Springs if you end up there
We've enjoyed BOG for lunch a few times too and have it booked again for June!

Be interested to see if OP chooses to go to Polite Pig, D Luxe and Blaze as these will be new options for us since our last trip
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 19, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Cloverlady View Post
We've enjoyed BOG for lunch a few times too and have it booked again for June!

Be interested to see if OP chooses to go to Polite Pig, D Luxe and Blaze as these will be new options for us since our last trip
We love Blaze! I love the fact that you can create your own pizzas and I just throw every vegetable on offer at it for mine

I'm not a burger eater, but the rest of the family enjoyed the burgers from there.

Polite Pig opened just after we left last time, so didn't get to try it. However, our daughter is really sensitive to smoked food as it just turns her stomach. Even walking past Flame Tree BBQ in AK makes her feel ill, so if we want to try PP, we may have to pop in on our own this time.

Not long for you now!

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31st Oct - 14th Nov 2012
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 2nd - 16th Jan 2014
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 7th - 21st Feb 2015
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 2nd - 15th April 2016
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29th March - 12th April 2017
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21st October - 4th November 2019
Food report - the unexpected Easter QSDP extravagana! April 2017
What do we want? FOOD! When do we want it? NOW! QSDP food report, Oct 2019
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 19, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

We love Blaze! I love the fact that you can create your own pizzas and I just throw every vegetable on offer at it for mine

I'm not a burger eater, but the rest of the family enjoyed the burgers from there.

Polite Pig opened just after we left last time, so didn't get to try it. However, our daughter is really sensitive to smoked food as it just turns her stomach. Even walking past Flame Tree BBQ in AK makes her feel ill, so if we want to try PP, we may have to pop in on our own this time.

Not long for you now!
Interesting, thanks
I'm not a burger fan either but the rest of my tribe do like a burger so they will no doubt try.

As for Polite Pig, we were on a flying visit to Disney Springs in October and we walked past Polite Pig and it did smell smokey now you mention it...

I know you are a bit of an expert in all things dining, I was wondering if you knew if there is any kind of list of all new Disney eateries (QS and TS) since about Oct 2016, or know any other new ones off top of your head?

Yes, not long - but these holidays come round quickly! Yours will be here before you know it!
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 19, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Cloverlady View Post
Interesting, thanks
I'm not a burger fan either but the rest of my tribe do like a burger so they will no doubt try.

As for Polite Pig, we were on a flying visit to Disney Springs in October and we walked past Polite Pig and it did smell smokey now you mention it...

I know you are a bit of an expert in all things dining, I was wondering if you knew if there is any kind of list of all new Disney eateries (QS and TS) since about Oct 2016, or know any other new ones off top of your head?

Yes, not long - but these holidays come round quickly! Yours will be here before you know it!
Thanks. Sounds like PP will definitely be a meal without our daughter if we want to try it. Kids are 16 and 18 so old enough to be left alone, and it's quite nice having just a bit of time alone together.

At D-Luxe, you only get a burger and drink for a QS credit, no fries. You can get them for a snack credit. I'd recommend getting them to share as they're a good size portion and the burgers are big too.

I don't know of a specific restaurant list, but the Dibb timeline lists all new park attractions and restaurants, so it would be worth having a look through that: https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/timeline.php

I've just added my ADR and FP days to my dairy and ADRs are next month which makes everything feel much closer! Only booking BOG and also the family feast at Pizzafari, so shouldn't take too long

loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 19, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Thanks. Sounds like PP will definitely be a meal without our daughter if we want to try it. Kids are 16 and 18 so old enough to be left alone, and it's quite nice having just a bit of time alone together.

At D-Luxe, you only get a burger and drink for a QS credit, no fries. You can get them for a snack credit. I'd recommend getting them to share as they're a good size portion and the burgers are big too.

I don't know of a specific restaurant list, but the Dibb timeline lists all new park attractions and restaurants, so it would be worth having a look through that: https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/timeline.php

I've just added my ADR and FP days to my dairy and ADRs are next month which makes everything feel much closer! Only booking BOG and also the family feast at Pizzafari, so shouldn't take too long

Oh great, thanks for link

I know what you mean about spending some time as a couple as well - All 3 of our 'kids' are coming with us in June, they are also older, (oldest 'kid' is 23 ) so I'm sure we too will enjoy a meal or two just me and my hubby

Exciting! Your ADR date coming up soon!
Old 13 Mar 19, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsWturns30
Trying for More Ears

Another good day. I agree about breakfast at BOG - great value on the dining plan, but not so great if paying oop. Do you have lunch booked at all? That's one of our favourites.
Looking forward to seeing where you end up on your down day. Wolfgang Puck Express, Blaze, D-Luxe and Polite Pig are all great QS places at Disney Springs if you end up there
Morning loves2plan!

Thanks for the encouragement 😊

No we haven’t booked BoG for lunch, the next time we are in Mk it’s DHs birthday and he wanted to have a sit down meal so we’ve booked Tony’s for lunch and will pay oop (we opted out of mousekeeping and got a $100 gift card so this will pay for that nicely!)

D-luxe, polite pig and blaze are all on my hit list for springs, i also fancy a burger from chicken guy too! I’m not sure how much of this I’ll get fitted in!

With Jimbo not really utilising snack credits we are planning on hitting the flower and garden festival booths at Epcot and having a go at eating around the world!

Edited at 10:48 AM.
MrsWturns30 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 19, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MrsWturns30 View Post
Morning loves2plan!

No we haven’t booked BoG for lunch, the next time we are in Mk it’s DHs birthday and he wanted to have a sit down meal so we’ve booked Tony’s for lunch and will pay oop (we opted out of mousekeeping and got a $100 gift card so this will pay for that nicely!)

D-luxe, polite pig and blaze are all on my hit list for springs, i also fancy a burger from chicken guy too! I’m not sure how much of this I’ll get fitted in!

With Jimbo not really utilising snack credits we are planning on hitting the flower and garden festival booths at Epcot and having a go at eating around the world!
Great s far. I am really enjoying following along . Looking forward to the flower and garden festival reviews.
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 19, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by MrsWturns30 View Post
Morning loves2plan!

The booths are a great way to use credits. You can use QS credits too which is handy if you want 3 things from the same booth. We used loads of QS and snack credits there in April 2017, and still had credits left over at the end of the trip! You can see what we got and used in my food report - link is in blue at the bottom of my signature.

The offerings at DS have definitely improved over the past few years. Lots to try! I'd forgotten about Chicken Guy, but will add that to our list for October too

How are you finding not having mouse keeping? We're considering opting out too if it's still being offered.

Old 13 Mar 19, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Th1nkT1nk
Imagineer

Mobile

Sounds like you’re having an amazing time! I think agree about BOG and it really affects your experience if you feel you’re paying a lot for not very much. When we went we were on ddp and we couldn’t speak highly enough about what a great time we had... our friends went separately to us and weren’t on ddp- they really didn’t enjoy it and the sheer cost, for what they got, was something they couldn’t get over. Which I guess is why I like having a dining plan so much - it takes my mind off the money and just focuses me back on the experience.
Really enjoying reading along, keep it coming
Old 13 Mar 19, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Kirsty2tt
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Loving this food report. Can't wait to read the rest!