Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 27 Aug 18, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
onebadhatharry
Gone all Goofy

Wink Fast Pass Question - Apologies

Hello Experienced Disney People

Apologies for these questions as I am sure they have been answered before but I cannot find them all. Okay first timers to Disney 18th October 2018 to 3rd November 2018 with my wife and 5 year old daughter. All tickets purchased and meals / boutique booked but staying off site and now getting nearer to book time (19th September).

We are going to Hollywood Studios day one as I have based everything on the busy day guide on the DIBB. There are a couple of things I am confused about.

1. What time should I go on and do my fast passes online. All of the tickets are linked but what time for the UK?

2. When we book fast passes, do I book them 1 hour apart for instance 10am - 11am - 12 or do I spread them out more.

3. Should I book shows or should I stick to the rides only for instance on day 1 we were hoping to book Muppets 3D, Toy Story Mania and Star Tours?

4. Do you go one other things between the booked rides or are queues ridiculous?

5. Can you book more fast passes there?

Thanks all for your patience answering questions that have been asked a thousand times before.
onebadhatharry is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 18, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
neatfrk
Imagineer

I'll do my best here...

1. I am in the US, so not totally sure. Here it is 6am (on the dot) eastern standard time... so I think that is 11am or noon your time?

2. The spread between FP+s is a blend of availability and preference. What you should do is determine which are your 'must have's' and thread the rest around them. Personally (your mileage may vary), I try to bunch my FP+s as close together as possible - as you can begin acquiring more FP+s the second your third is scanned; so spreading them out delays your access to a 4th (and beyond) FP+.

3. Don't book shows (unless you really want reserved seats for River of Light). Typically theater type attractions (B&B, Muppets 3D, Pixar Shorts, Indiana Jones, etc.) have huge capacity and rarely fill to the maximum allowable. You are better off reserving FP+ selections for actual rides that have queues.

4. Yes, go on other things (perhaps lessor attractions or character meets) in between FP+s. Not every ride has massive lines...if you know what you are doing, you can pop into quieter attractions (think Carousel of Progress, People Mover, Little Mermaid, etc.)

5. Yes, you should download the My Disney Experience (MDE) app and link to your park tickets. Then you can get more FP+s on the fly (again, once your last pre-booked FP+ has been scanned). There are a few kiosks in the parks themselves where you can book more FP+s as well, but easiest on the app - and you'll want the ability to check wait times and snag new FP+s on the go.

Hope this helps! Just saw you are going to HS, and most of my notes are for MK - but the general suggestions still hold up...just change to HS specific attractions.

Edited at 12:08 PM.
neatfrk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 18, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer2802
Imagineer

Imagineer2802's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 27

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 74
Originally Posted by onebadhatharry View Post

Apologies for these questions as I am sure they have been answered before but I cannot find them all. Okay first timers to Disney 18th October 2018 to 3rd November 2018 with my wife and 5 year old daughter. All tickets purchased and meals / boutique booked but staying off site and now getting nearer to book time (19th September).

We are going to Hollywood Studios day one as I have based everything on the busy day guide on the DIBB. There are a couple of things I am confused about.

1. What time should I go on and do my fast passes online. All of the tickets are linked but what time for the UK?

2. When we book fast passes, do I book them 1 hour apart for instance 10am - 11am - 12 or do I spread them out more.

3. Should I book shows or should I stick to the rides only for instance on day 1 we were hoping to book Muppets 3D, Toy Story Mania and Star Tours?

4. Do you go one other things between the booked rides or are queues ridiculous?

Thanks all for your patience answering questions that have been asked a thousand times before.
Hi!

1) 12 midday

2) If you book a fastpass for 10-11am, the system won't let you book another one that overlaps, but how much further you spread them out is up to you. It doesn't really matter too much as fastpass rides only take about fifteen minutes on average (sometimes shorter) so there will be time to walk to other attractions or do other things in between.

3) festival of the lion king and Frozen are the only two shows where you may benefit from using a fastpass. You definitely won't need a fastpass for Muppets...it's always dead in there!

4) always. It will obviously depend on crowd levels when you're there but we have never only managed to do our three booked attractions with nothing in between.

5) yes...once all three of your prebooked Fastpasses have been used, you can book more using the app or a kiosk in the park. You can do this one fastpass at a time (I.e. You can't use your three booked Fastpasses and then book three more... you can use your three, book another one, use that, book another one, use that etc etc...there's no limit to this although obviously Fastpasses for the major rides may be unavailable on the day anyway)

2019 - August - Europe on the Magic! 17th Trip!

**~ °o° ~°o° ~ °o°~°o° ~°o° ~ °o°~**

Edited at 12:12 PM.
Imagineer2802 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 18, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
bigbear
Imagineer

bigbear's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by onebadhatharry View Post

Hi
I ahve only been to Disney in July and August so at much busier times than when you are going but I'll do my best until someone better comes along

1. You can book your fps at 12 noon UK time. If you are staying on site you can book them from 60 days out and if you are staying off site you can book from 30 days out. If you look at the The Dibb fast pass planner it will calculate the date for you.

2. Assuming you plan to arrive at the parks as early as possible (this is a good plan as the earlier you are the fewer people there are) I would book from about 11am at hourly intervals. Once you have used your first FP you can always go on the app to bring forward the time of your next Fp if you want to but as you haven't been before I think you will find more than enough to entertain yourselves between FPs. An hour apart is good and when you have used your 3rd you can use the app to continue booking more.

3. Even in July you don't need an FP for the shows. Stick to the hard to get rides would be my advice.

4. Absolutely! You can do rides, characters meets etc between your FPs

5. Again, absolutely, you can use the app to make further fastpasses AS SOON as you have swiped in for your 3rd FP

Hope that helps and have a magical time

Apologies for typos - I'm rushing to edit my Disney photos!
Disneyland, Paris 1998 & 2001

Edited at 12:14 PM.
bigbear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 18, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
pad406
VIP Dibber

pad406's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Think the PPs have pretty much covered your initial questions.

One thing to add though is that as soon as you have scanned your MB/ticket at the first entry point in the queue, you can then start to adjust your other FPs to bring them forward. Means that, when there is availability, you can bring them closer together and therefore use all 3 earlier and thus have a chance of getting 4th etc earlier in the day.

Christmas 2018/New Year 2019 (19N) BC - RPR - BC
Christmas 2016/New Year 2017 (18N). SF, LA, Disneyland & SD
Christmas 2014/New Year 2015 (21N). BWI, Hard Rock, Beach Club
April 2012 (21N). New York, Beach Club
Christmas 2010/New Year 2011 (15N). Polynesian & AKL
pad406 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 18, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
chippyminton
slightly serious Dibber

Also if you are intending to go to another park later ( we tend to do mornings in one park, evenings in another) you can book a FP for the evening park once you have finished in the daytime park. For example, you spend the daytime at HS and intend to go to EPCOT for Illuminations, see what FP are available in EPCOT once you’ve used your final FP in HS.
chippyminton is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 18, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
onebadhatharry
Gone all Goofy

Thank you all, fantastic help
onebadhatharry is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List