Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 29 Aug 18, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
rjhsteel
Very Serious Dibber

Fast Pass 30 days out

We get our tickets on the 2nd Sept and the first day in the park will be the 4th Oct although the first day of the holiday is 3rd Oct.

Question is, when exactly can I book fast passes and roughly what time?
Holiday Inn Resort Orlando Lake Buena Vista 2023
LA Disneyland 2023
rjhsteel is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 18, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

4th september at noon, for your 1st park day 4th October - and then every day after that at noon for the next day, and the next etc etc.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 18, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
rjhsteel
Very Serious Dibber

What happens if the tickets go live the day before, although we won’t use them that first day? Does that mean I can book a day earlier?
LA Disneyland 2023
rjhsteel is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 18, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
rjhsteel
Very Serious Dibber

So I can’t book all the fast passes in one go for all the parks? Just one day at a time, 30 days out.
LA Disneyland 2023
Old 29 Aug 18, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Originally Posted by rjhsteel View Post
What happens if the tickets go live the day before, although we won’t use them that first day? Does that mean I can book a day earlier?
So I can’t book all the fast passes in one go for all the parks? Just one day at a time, 30 days out.
if you are offsite your whole trip, you have to do your fastpasses one day at a time if you want to do them 30 days out. Your tickets don't "go live" until the first day you use them to enter a park. You just need to make sure you have your tickets linked to your MDE account before 4th September, so you can start booking fastpasses from noon on that date, for 4th October.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 18, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
rjhsteel
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by sammykitten View Post
if you are offsite your whole trip, you have to do your fastpasses one day at a time if you want to do them 30 days out. Your tickets don't "go live" until the first day you use them to enter a park.
Ok thanks.
LA Disneyland 2023
Old 29 Aug 18, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

We are always off site before we go we book all,our Fps on a day to day basis for the length of the ticket we also visit all the other parks are annual pass holders to them we book if we have 14 day tickets 14 days of FP then work round these days i.e. What headliners have we got on what day and continually check even up to the night before and change FP if we don't get anything better for the next day we cancell Fps and change plans if need be only exception is if we've got a hotel reservation at UniversAl for front of the line passes
Off site is to be fluid with plans and only have 2/3 set in stone things
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 18, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
We get our tickets on the 2nd Sept and the first day in the park will be the 4th Oct although the first day of the holiday is 3rd Oct.

Question is, when exactly can I book fast passes and roughly what time?
As mentioned, if you are not staying at a Disney hotel, then you'll have a rolling 30 day window. This means that the earliest you will be able to book your fastpasses is 30 days before each day that you want to book fastpasses for. So if you want to book fastpasses for 4th Oct then the soonest you'll be able to do this is 4th Sept at 12pm (noon). You can then book fastpasses for 5th Oct after 12pm on 5th Sept, and so on, one day at a time.

Of course, if you want, you can wait until 16 days before your first day at a Disney park and then book all 14 days in one go - i.e. all 14 days will be within the 30 day window. Admittedly, most people prefer to do it a day at a time as soon as they can rather than waiting to do it all at once.

BTW, the system doesn't know when your tickets will "go live" - not for people staying offsite anyway. The tickets only "go live" when you first use them to enter a park and Disney doesn't know when that will be.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 02:44 PM.
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List