Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 11 Feb 17, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by dac123 View Post
Last year we stayed just north of you at Terra Verde and the only tolls we paid were to and from the airport. For both Disney and universal head north on Poinciana boulevard if going to Disney turn left onto the 192 then follow the signs for Disney. If going to Universal go straight across the 192 junction under the west Osceola parkway flyover until you get to the junction with the 535, turn left onto the 535 (the big Walmart is on you left) then right onto i4. You can use the west Osceola parkway to get to Disney but I was happy using the 192 and was not sure if the parkway was a toll road.
I noticed Mick just answered that one.
Osceola toll between Shingle Creek (post #13) and The Loop was $1.75 each way in Nov 2015

Mick
Old 11 Feb 17, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
dac123
Getting Excited

Thanks if I had realised I would have used it the odd time, but I am strange I do like the 192 even with all the lights. Does the toll take just coins, I always carried quarters in the car just in case. It's not too bad if you do get caught out and miss one Alamo are good with the charges.
dac123 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 17, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by dac123 View Post
Thanks if I had realised I would have used it the odd time, but I am strange I do like the 192 even with all the lights. Does the toll take just coins, I always carried quarters in the car just in case. It's not too bad if you do get caught out and miss one Alamo are good with the charges.
There are manned lanes at that particular plaza but be careful if leaving it for Poinciana - not 100% sure but that exit ramp may be unmanned.

You can certainly leave the OP at Gaylord Palms onto I-Drive south which takes you to Old Town area without going through a plaza.

Mick
Old 12 Feb 17, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Yorkshirelad
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by PPM View Post
Tom, just saw your countdown. We will be there around a week after you arrive.
We arrive the day after Tom.
Hope there's some good motors on offer. Lol
Yorkshirelad is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 17, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by Yorkshirelad View Post
We arrive the day after Tom.
Hope there's some good motors on offer. Lol
Do my trick, look lost and get them to bring a new motor around from National!

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 17, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Yorkshirelad
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Do my trick, look lost and get them to bring a new motor around from National!
I'll remember that. Fancy one of the new Lincolns, either an MKZ or the Continental so would be good if they've got them on fleet. Failing that a 300c will do nicely.
Yorkshirelad is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 17, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by Yorkshirelad View Post
I'll remember that. Fancy one of the new Lincolns, either an MKZ or the Continental so would be good if they've got them on fleet. Failing that a 300c will do nicely.
I was most unimpressed with the Lincoln we had last Summer. Check out my pictures on the sticky. The MKZ is ok though, not as nice as the Cadillac's we normally have.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976

Edited at 08:51 PM. Reason: Spelling
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 17, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post

Mr Morrow, you mentioned an IDP? Is that a International Drivers Permit? I was under the impression that British licenses are fine as they are printed in English.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 17, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by jh71283 View Post
Mr Morrow, you mentioned an IDP? Is that a International Drivers Permit? I was under the impression that British licenses are fine as they are printed in English.
He was kidding with Mick! Between them I think they've written most of the driving pages in the guidebook. They're quite well aware you don't need an IDP or a DVLA code.
Old 26 Feb 17, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post

Don't get we wrong - I wasn't trying to correct him, rather I was in a bit of a cold sweat moment as we leave in 30 days and thought "Oh s$%^ - how long will that take to arrive? "

Also I've driven several times in California and suddenly thought I had been illegally doing so lol