Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 26 Feb 17, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicsea
Excited about Disney

Flags

Hi when we visited WDW last year there were a few cars in the parking lot with car flags on them. These were mainly country flags. I guess it would help to relocate your car after a fun packed day. Has any Dibbers out there done this?
Nicsea is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 17, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
bazzaang1212
Dancing with Tink'

Mobile

Yep had flags on car in the past. Quite happy beeping car till I find it now though 😀
bazzaang1212 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 17, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by bazzaang1212 View Post
Yep had flags on car in the past. Quite happy beeping car till I find it now though 😀
My dh also loves beeping
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 17, 12:06 AM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Yes seen flags on cars on the car parks. But the easy way to find yours again is use the beeper on the key as others say, and take a photo on your phone of the row marking painted on the ground at the end of your row e.g. Pluto 39

No need to remember numbers just remember to take photo.

If you use a flag don't mark yourself as a tourist by flying it driving back at night. Take it down and blend in with the rest. Well that's what I would do, but each to their own. It depends what folks are comfortable with.

Edited at 12:07 AM.
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 17, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post

Usually take a photo on my phone of the nearest marker then go beep!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 17, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by PPM View Post
Yes seen flags on cars on the car parks. But the easy way to find yours again is use the beeper on the key as others say, and take a photo on your phone of the row marking painted on the ground at the end of your row e.g. Pluto 39

No need to remember numbers just remember to take photo.

If you use a flag don't mark yourself as a tourist by flying it driving back at night. Take it down and blend in with the rest. Well that's what I would do, but each to their own. It depends what folks are comfortable with.
Good advice. Never identify yourself in any shape or manner.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 17, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Miss_Tangled
Apprentice Imagineer

We also take a photo, a much safer option and no wondering round following a beep which you thought was yours but wasn't!
* Tarpon Springs '07 * New York '07 * Hampton Lakes '09 * Mission Park March '11 * Four Corners Sep '11 * Dream Castle DLP December '12 * Florida Pines '14 & Grand Floridian Everglades Suite! * New York City...Surprise 30th December '14 * Lindfields & Grand Floridian September '15 * 1st trip with our little lady! WDW September '17 * DLP February ‘18 * 3 wks POR September '19 *
Miss_Tangled is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 17, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by andyrossitter View Post
Usually take a photo on my phone of the nearest marker then go beep!

Good advice. Never identify yourself in any shape or manner.
I agree 100%.

We were advised the same, make a note / take a photo of where you're parked, or even make a written note and chuck it in your wallet/purse etc and just press your bleeper.

Leaving mini flags etc etc just marks you out as a tourist target for any ne'er do wells ( always wanted to use that phrase ) if you're parked up at an out of park restaurant, bar etc.

Edited at 12:06 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 17, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Melvin Pearce
Imagineer

Melvin Pearce's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
This trip we are taking a Chelsea air freshener to dangle in the front of the car window. Keeps the car smelling nice and helps us recognize the car.

But we always take note of where we park the car.

Melvin and Lesley
Old 28 Feb 17, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
kissimee
Gone all Goofy

kissimee's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I know Universal have a parking reminder section in their App which works well. Just take a picture of parking section and bring it up when heading home. Not sure if Disney has the same but I would definitely opt for the photo option. No point advertising the fact that your a tourist!
We also have a game with the kids. See who remembers the correct area. If they get it right they have pick of where we have breakfast the following morning.

Edited at 02:45 PM. Reason: Addition
kissimee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List