Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 4 Dec 17, 01:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Stitch & Smudge
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sdrfish View Post
It is a marvel the mustangs independent suspension on the road. On one hand on a perfectly smooth road it is capable of giving a spine jarring jolt from a piece of gravel yet when you turn a corner wobbles side to side like its hopping sideways. anyway here is my extensive list of why a mustang is terrible.

Terrible seats.
Terrible ICE system
Cheap nasty plastic interior.
No handle to open the boot from the outside so you have to dig in your pockets for the keyless key to open it.
Boot itself is made of cheap plastic.
Unresponsive steering.
Awful suspension makes ride very unpleasant
Useless brakes.
Keyless entry is not keyless you need to unlock it by pressing the button unlike all other keyless cars where you tap the door handle.
Gearbox has a mind of its own and cant take instruction.
Ridiculous door sill light.

I drive a gtd golf at home and the only thing the mustang has on it is that it has more power. I bought a 5th hand daewoo that was 12 years old and had 120k miles, ciggerette burns everywhere, horrible damp smell and door trim pieces falling off this was a better car than the mustang.
This must be a previous model, on the one we had the ICE was great (shaker) iPhone and Android connectivity with sat nav. Tap the door handle on the grooves and the doors unlocked ( boot too). Love the pony puddle lights. Boot lined with carpet, track mode a hoot, agree the suspension is suspect but the brakes are better than any dodge I’ve ever driven. Air conditioned front seats are cool (pardon the pun) and not uncomfortable in my mind. I wouldn’t want to own one but I’d hire one again in a heartbeat.
Stitch & Smudge is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 17, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
brown78p
Proud to wear my Ears

We were out in October, my son had a convertible Mustang and I had a Cadillac Escalade. They cost the same but the Cadillac was a million miles better. My son only had the top down once when I drove it to the garage to blow the tyres up that were showing as low on the dash. The Mustang was OK but for me a luxury car or SUV is far better and actually faster also.
brown78p is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 17, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by brown78p View Post
We were out in October, my son had a convertible Mustang and I had a Cadillac Escalade. They cost the same but the Cadillac was a million miles better. My son only had the top down once when I drove it to the garage to blow the tyres up that were showing as low on the dash. The Mustang was OK but for me a luxury car or SUV is far better and actually faster also.
Two ton plus Escalade faster than a Mustang ( even the 2.3 eco boost) ? Must have been something way wrong with the ‘stang.

Me? Personally I’d not have a convertible, but would consider a hardtop V8 ustang with the linelock braking system. Ideal if you wasn’t to fill Walmart’s carpark with tyre smoke.
But seriously my car of choice like we had in 2015 was a 300c Platinum with the 5.8 Hemi V8 it would waft along on 4 cylinders the explode when you hit the go pedal. Ours didn’t even have the badges declaring the engine. Didn’t realise I had the V8 until I opened the hood to fill the washers. A daily occurrence as it was love bug season.

Edited at 02:49 PM.
PPM is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 17, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
brown78p
Proud to wear my Ears

I meant the luxury class cars I have had ie CT6 were faster but when you look Mustang Eco Boost convertible 0 - 60 is 6.1 seconds. Escalade 6.0 seconds so these are even very much the same. ;-)
brown78p is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 17, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
sdrfish
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Stitch & Smudge View Post
This must be a previous model, on the one we had the ICE was great (shaker) iPhone and Android connectivity with sat nav. Tap the door handle on the grooves and the doors unlocked ( boot too). Love the pony puddle lights. Boot lined with carpet, track mode a hoot, agree the suspension is suspect but the brakes are better than any dodge I’ve ever driven. Air conditioned front seats are cool (pardon the pun) and not uncomfortable in my mind. I wouldn’t want to own one but I’d hire one again in a heartbeat.
Nope it was the 2017 model with everything bar sat nav. I had 2 2017 models as one of them I thought had a bad gearbox turned out it was just a terribly engineered gearbox in all mustangs. I was expecting the gearbox to be like German one clearly I set my standards to high. Shaker audio which we had just sounded mono I played with the settings and it made no difference my standard golf stereo is way superior . The seat are poor ergonomically very uncomfortable nothing like the bog standard cloth seats in my gtd which are perfect. The keyless never worked on any of the 2 mustangs no matter what you did. Lastly for a car of that size and that weight the brakes are inadequate even my old Vauxhall corsa from a few years back had bigger brakes.

Never again I will rent a mustang this is coming from someone under the age of 30.
sdrfish is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 17, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Have had a Mustang a few times as a couple. Airport runs no problem. 1 large case in the boot with hand luggage. Put the roof down, load a 2nd large suitcase and 2 large holdalls upright in the back, put the roof back up. Drive to the airport.
Softy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 17, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sdrfish View Post
It is a marvel the mustangs independent suspension on the road. On one hand on a perfectly smooth road it is capable of giving a spine jarring jolt from a piece of gravel yet when you turn a corner wobbles side to side like its hopping sideways. anyway here is my extensive list of why a mustang is terrible.

Terrible seats.
Terrible ICE system
Cheap nasty plastic interior.
No handle to open the boot from the outside so you have to dig in your pockets for the keyless key to open it.
Boot itself is made of cheap plastic.
Unresponsive steering.
Awful suspension makes ride very unpleasant
Useless brakes.
Keyless entry is not keyless you need to unlock it by pressing the button unlike all other keyless cars where you tap the door handle.
Gearbox has a mind of its own and cant take instruction.
Ridiculous door sill light.

I drive a gtd golf at home and the only thing the mustang has on it is that it has more power. I bought a 5th hand daewoo that was 12 years old and had 120k miles, ciggerette burns everywhere, horrible damp smell and door trim pieces falling off this was a better car than the mustang.
I agree totally. They work hard to get it so wrong.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 17, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

This time I had a Rav 4 and last time I had a mustang, wouldn't have the Rav 4 again but would go for the Mustang. Enjoyed driving it and going between Disney sites with the top down was nice. Didn't feel like it was going to go over when I was going round any slight bend either (I'm looking at you Rav 4).
unixgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 17, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
jimboy2
Apprentice Imagineer

Don’t forget the Mustangs your probably hiring are base spec. Probably a V6 or if spending more you might get the V8.

I owened a RHD V8 Mustang here and it was amazing. UK cars come with the performance pack as standard so have a pretty high spec. Hire cars are always pretty basic spec

DLP June 2017 Kyrad
Orlando February 2018 Celebration

Edited at 09:58 AM.
jimboy2 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 17, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post
BigSkip
Imagineer

i stumped up for the GT, it was a smile on the face fun car. Would have again.
BigSkip is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List