Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 27 Jan 18, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
stanboys
Trying for More Ears

Mobile Contacting Disney after booking with agent

Hi,

We have booked a Disney hotel but not direct.
The booking is showing on MDE with reservations etc.

I wanted to check certain requests had been made by the agent but Disney have said they can't even look at our booking if it wasn't booked direct.

Has anyone else had this trouble or have you been able to deal direct with Disney once booked? I find it odd that they say they can't even check the booking.

Thanks in advance 🙂
stanboys is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 18, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Disney are correct, when you book with an agent you agree (explicitly or implicitly) that all communication with the end supplier (Disney) will be through your chosen middle-man (agent)

If you want to be able to manage your own bookings you need to book direct
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 18, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Lucyjane45xxx
Imagineer

Mobile

Yes that is totally correct, Disney cannot deal with you unless booked direct.
"The Superfan & The Skeptic" - Trip Report Index Here
Lucyjane45xxx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 18, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Susethomasx
Excited about Disney

Not wishing to be too controversial, but we booked everything through VH but I've also been able to speak with Disney too.

It did take some time for Disney to see my booking however; we booked with VH at the start of last May, but Disney didn't have our booking until nearer September. Since then I've had a couple of requests dealt with by Disney direct in Florida no problem. I did deal with them by email however (quoting my VH booking reference), rather than phone if that makes any difference?
Susethomasx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 18, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
salmon70
Imagineer

Mobile

I had the same issue last year. I booked with Thomson and called Disney regarding an issue. The CM was lovely but sadly she couldn't help me as if booked via a travel agent.
salmon70 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 18, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
tarik
Excited about Disney

Same here, booked with VH previously and had to call Disney a few times with issues without a problem.
tarik is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 18, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Conno
Very Serious Dibber

Certain things can be done - but requests/modifications on your reservation generally cannot.

Edited at 01:23 PM.
Conno is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 18, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
k100dmk
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Susethomasx View Post
Not wishing to be too controversial, but we booked everything through VH but I've also been able to speak with Disney too.

It did take some time for Disney to see my booking however; we booked with VH at the start of last May, but Disney didn't have our booking until nearer September. Since then I've had a couple of requests dealt with by Disney direct in Florida no problem. I did deal with them by email however (quoting my VH booking reference), rather than phone if that makes any difference?
what email address did you use to get them to sort things out for you?
k100dmk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 18, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
jenn8400
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I think it depends on the agent. I’ve had a nightmare even getting my booking ref for mde from mine! It’s all sorted now thank goodness but I think if I can I would rather book direct in the future.
Old 28 Jan 18, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Kd0758
Very Serious Dibber

When we were booked at CBR for our honeymoon (through VH) Disney dealt with the change of resorts because VH weren’t admitting the refurb at that time. I don’t know if that’s different though.
Kd0758 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List