Notices

Old 16 Jan 18, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
My husband reminds me that this form of weight loss is often called bulimia.

That is SO funny - horrible...but funny.

And you are right, I detest man-bashing...but I LOVE Chipotle...

...so I think I'm with Tara this time. Surely it's in the wedding vows...husbands have to get their pregnant wives whatever food the baby wants.

Oh, and if it's not - it should be.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 18, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
So, I thought I'd pop over to see what you are planning for DLP as I need tips for my my brother and sister in law who are taking their 2 boys aged 5 and 3 to DLP the week before you guys. I've never read any of the DLP reports and j really don't know much about the parks The last time I went to DLP was in 2000. My grandmother was 80 that year and she booked a large family holiday to Paris, we had a day in Paris, a day in DLP and then a day at Monet's garden. I don't remember much of the park...I think we saw a Mulan show? Or maybe it was a Chinese acrobats type show, is that possible? I know that we had a good time but I can't remember much of the specifics. My DS went 2 years ago on a school trip, but he wasn't too forthcoming about the specifics other than their space mountain is better and that they had to evacuate Haunted Mansion while he was just about to board the ride due to an abandoned bag that was determined a suspicious package.

Anyway, I'm hoping to pick up tips because as far as my brother is concerned I am an expert on Disney so this must mean I will know everything about Paris but I really don't. I'm trying to do a bit of research as I'm hoping they have such a good time that they will want to come to wdw in a year or 2 DH is already sort of resigned to the fact that we will go to Orlando with them one day!

I hope you enjoy your trip and that it makes up a little for the cancelled wdw trip last year.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 18, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
So, I thought I'd pop over to see what you are planning for DLP as I need tips for my my brother and sister in law who are taking their 2 boys aged 5 and 3 to DLP the week before you guys. I've never read any of the DLP reports and j really don't know much about the parks The last time I went to DLP was in 2000. My grandmother was 80 that year and she booked a large family holiday to Paris, we had a day in Paris, a day in DLP and then a day at Monet's garden. I don't remember much of the park...I think we saw a Mulan show? Or maybe it was a Chinese acrobats type show, is that possible? I know that we had a good time but I can't remember much of the specifics. My DS went 2 years ago on a school trip, but he wasn't too forthcoming about the specifics other than their space mountain is better and that they had to evacuate Haunted Mansion while he was just about to board the ride due to an abandoned bag that was determined a suspicious package.

Anyway, I'm hoping to pick up tips because as far as my brother is concerned I am an expert on Disney so this must mean I will know everything about Paris but I really don't. I'm trying to do a bit of research as I'm hoping they have such a good time that they will want to come to wdw in a year or 2 DH is already sort of resigned to the fact that we will go to Orlando with them one day!

I hope you enjoy your trip and that it makes up a little for the cancelled wdw trip last year.
Hello! If your brother is on social media, I recommend he follows ED92 on Facebook/twitter - they always have lots of info about what's happening in the parks so are quite useful.

I think you need much less planning at DLP compared to WDW, apart from when it comes to food! Restaurants in the park seem to close early from what I've read and if they want to eat in one of the sit down restaurants, they need to book now. As April has mentioned, the food is also not renowned for being particularly good. I suggest they copy my 'snack suitcase' idea!
MrsSilverStar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 18, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

Originally Posted by GopherLass View Post
...so I think I'm with Tara this time. Surely it's in the wedding vows...husbands have to get their pregnant wives whatever food the baby wants.

Oh, and if it's not - it should be.
I'm with you both on celebrating the lovely bits about our other halves, but yeah...if he comes between me and food...there'll be trouble I think I was a demanding monster when pregnant
MrsSilverStar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 18, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by MrsSilverStar View Post
Hello! If your brother is on social media, I recommend he follows ED92 on Facebook/twitter - they always have lots of info about what's happening in the parks so are quite useful.

I think you need much less planning at DLP compared to WDW, apart from when it comes to food! Restaurants in the park seem to close early from what I've read and if they want to eat in one of the sit down restaurants, they need to book now. As April has mentioned, the food is also not renowned for being particularly good. I suggest they copy my 'snack suitcase' idea!
Ok I'll let him know. My sister in law doesn't know the meaning of travelling light, they will be driving and using the tunnel, so they will have lots of room in the car and I daresay it will include lots of snacks. Last year we went to the isle of Wight for 4 days over Easter and she brought her smoothie maker she said it was an essential item! There were some other interesting items she managed to pack, but I don't want to sound like a mean girl. I love her and she is amazing but she could never use Ryanair and go hand luggage only! I will let her know about the snacks., but im sure that is soemthing she would have got covered.

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 18, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Not long for you now! Are you ready? I hope you have a brilliant time.

Xx

Old 12 Feb 18, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

Not long for you now! Are you ready? I hope you have a brilliant time.

Xx
Well, I've spent a small fortune on thermals and Disney jumpers so that means we're ready right?!

I've got tomorrow off and I think we are mostly sorted so should all be fine - so excited!

How did your brother's trip go? And most importantly, did the smoothie maker go with them? xx
Old 12 Feb 18, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by MrsSilverStar View Post
Well, I've spent a small fortune on thermals and Disney jumpers so that means we're ready right?!

I've got tomorrow off and I think we are mostly sorted so should all be fine - so excited!

How did your brother's trip go? And most importantly, did the smoothie maker go with them? xx
They leave this morning. They spent all afternoon yesterday packing. I have no idea if The smoothie maker went too...probably! The boys are really excited. They love star wars so they are really looking forward to the season of the force!

It is going to be cold for you and also a bit wet I think but I'm sure you will have a brilliant time.

I hope all is magical for you xx

Old 12 Feb 18, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

They leave this morning. They spent all afternoon yesterday packing. I have no idea if The smoothie maker went too...probably! The boys are really excited. They love star wars so they are really looking forward to the season of the force!

It is going to be cold for you and also a bit wet I think but I'm sure you will have a brilliant time.

I hope all is magical for you xx
aw, hope the boys have a great time - Mark is so excited about the Star Wars stuff and has bought a reversible Darth Vader/Stormtrooper hat for Heath to wear while we're there.

thank you, can't wait to get going now! xx
Old 12 Feb 18, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
I wanted to let you know that I just had a WhatsApp from my SIL...They have arrived. They drove down as we are down south so they used the tunnel. Anyway, when they were getting the stuff out of the car my brother realised he'd left his coat and hat at home! Lots of messages from my other brothers on our group saying he should get a coat from Disney perhaps with dopey on! He said it's snowing there at the moment. Ha ha...Hope your last day at work went quickly.