Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 16 May 16, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Pick up. Alamo MCO
Chevy Impala LTZ
Premium Special
Booked Premium
Picked up 8th May

We got four large cases in the trunk. It is very deep, doesn't show too well on piccy.
PPM is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 16, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Place you picked the car up from:- MCO
Catergory of car hired:- Luxury
Category of car allocated :- Luxury
Make of car you got:- Cadillac XTS
Hire car company used:- Alamo through Virgin Atlantic

I've already posted regarding the other luxury cars in the row when we collected this vehicle. We have had this model before and although it was on Georgia plates it only had a few thousand on the clock. A nice drive and as you would expect it came with all the extras associated with this brand - reversing camera, sat nav, heated and cooled leather seats, auto park feature, HD radio, plenty of USB sockets, awesome leg room and good all round visibility unlike some cars! Used one tank and an additonal third in three weeks.
Not seen in a photograph but we were able to get our two very large Wenger cases and carry on bags in the trunk, and had another large suitcase on the back seat.

I actually never got to drive it as Morrow Junior had the keys away at MCO! The advantage of this was my alcohol consumption increased considerably, but so did my bar bills

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 16, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Yorkshirelad
Excited about Disney

Snap Mr Tom...
Place you picked the car up from:- MCO
Catergory of car hired:- Luxury
Category of car allocated :- Luxury
Make of car you got:- Cadillac XTS
Hire car company used:- Alamo through Virgin holidays

I'll update with a trunk pic when we leave but coming out it swallowed 2 large cases and a bag with room to spare.

Edited at 06:39 PM. Reason: Updated with trunk pic
Yorkshirelad is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 16, 11:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Greyfriars
Imagineer

Mobile

Pick up MCO Alamo
Car rented intermediate SUV
Car picked Standard SUV
Dodge Journey V6 free upgrade.
Mpg 20

Old 19 May 16, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
-Florida2016-
Gone all Goofy

Pickup MCO Alamo
Car rented: Toyota Sienna or similar (8 passenger minivan)
Car collected: Toyota Sienna

Easily fitted 6 adults, 2 kids, 8 cases and 8 pieces of hand luggage on the way back from MCO (we had to have 1 case behind the driver with the kids resting their feet on though)

Nice car, would rent again

Edited at 12:02 PM.
-Florida2016- is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 16, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Michelle
VIP Dibber
- DIBB Advertiser -

Michelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 8
Place you picked the car up from:- Miami Airport
Catergory of car hired:- Full Size
Make of car you got:- Chevrolet Malibu LTZ
Hire car company used:- Alamo Brits

Wasn't much choice left in the Full Size row we ended up with the chevy, which was a nice car to drive.

Old 20 May 16, 11:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Dazzie
Trading Disney Pins

Place Picked up from:- MCO
Category of car hired:- Full size SUV
Category of car given:- Premium SUV
Make & Model:- Infiniti QX80
Hire company used:- Alamo Brits

Arrived, gave paperwork to first chap we saw in garage who went into the little hut and says I have something special for you! Came with keys for a few month old Infiniti QX80. Fully loaded, full surround cameras, parking aid, full gps system, Sirius etc etc

[APP]

[APP]http://www.thedibb.co.uk/postImages/45953/fc10fdbd265504.jpg[/APP

Edited at 11:39 PM.
Dazzie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 16, 02:51 AM  
Link to this Post

Pick up at MCO on 14/5/2016
Car hired: Standard SUV
Got: Chevrolet Traverse LT 3.6 litre V6 (premium crossover)
Hire company: Alamo Brits

The choice of Alamo standard SUV's on 14th May in garage B of MCO was woeful. A line of King cab type pickup trucks and some compact SUV's that they were trying to pass off as standard. I complained and said I was going to go over to garage A to see what they had there. The guy started to say I needed a bigger car, but just then a Chevy Traverse came back and he gave me a complimentary upgrade - lovely!

Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 16, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
miss_bell
Imagineer

miss_bell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Place you picked the car up from:- MCO (A side)
Catergory of car hired:- Premium (PCAR)
Category of car allocated :-Sports (SSAR)
Make of car you got:- Dodge Challenger
Hire car company used:- Alamo

Not much choice available in Premium section, mostly Chrysler 300 and Lincolns. Tucked between them was the Dodge Challenger which we took and then squished our luggage into.

Fine for two adults, plenty of space up front but no way could you fit anyone in the back, zero leg space (I'm 5ft 1" with tiny legs) and difficult to get into as only 2 doors. This car should seat 5

Exterior shot

Boot space, managed to fit 2 extra large Antler cases, 2 cabin sized cases and a rucksack inside

1990 Motel 1991 I Drive 1995 & 1998 Villa 2003 Lindfields 2005 & 2007 SL 2005 Bahama Bay 2006 NBH 2008 Liki tiki Resort 2009 & 2018 POFQ 2011 & 2016 Cheyenne 2012 OKW 2013 Coral Cay 2015 SSL 2015 SSR&BCR 2019 WL 2016 & 2022 CSR 2014 & 2023 CBR 2024 ASMU

miss_bell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 16, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
johnmcmaster
Very Serious Dibber

Chevy Traverse LT

Place Picked up from:- MCO Garage A - 29th April 2016
Category of car hired:- Standard SUV
Category of car Taken:- Premium SUV
Make & Model:- Chevy Traverse LT
Hire company used:- Alamo Brits

Arrived at Garage A after 35 minute delay at the second bag drop / collection held us up a bit. Walked into garage and was told to pick anything from the SUV row which was quite mixed in the categories / sizes of vehicle. There were Jeep Compass & Cherokees, Nissan Murano, but none of the Ford Edge that I'd hoped for.

After a quick look round the best on offer as very few had 2 keys or the fob (in the dim lighting of the garage, you can't also see the dings... ) was this dark gray Chevy Traverse LT. It had 18K on the clock, only 1 key that I couldn't work out how to work the central locking until being shown the next day at DCCC. Had to remember where we parked daily as no fob to find it...

Having the back row of seats folded down meant that the 2 cases and double buggy were swallowed up (luggage on way home expanded to 3 cases) without any problems.

Had Sirius radio, but no subscription, reversing camera (Godsend for such a big car), remote tailgate and heated seats that were great after a downpour at Animal Kingdom.

It was showing 16.8 MPG, but we did approx 550 miles and only spent $60 bucks on fuel. If it had been a bit fresher and with remote locking, it would have been perfect.

Edited at 07:18 PM. Reason: Fixing photos
johnmcmaster is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List

Tags
alamo, avis, avis preffered, budget, car hire, compact, dollar, full size, hertz, intermediate, midsize, mini van, sixt, standard, suv, thrifty