Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 20 Aug 18, 07:44 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
In all the times I've been I've never done orange. Mainly due to the kids but I'm tempted to give it a go next year. I love rides and don't particularly get motion sickness although a few years ago me and DW did Forbidden Journey back to back and I did think I was going to throw up the halfway through the second ride.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 18, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyFoodie
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I needed the sick bags in orange. Never, ever ever again.
DisneyFoodie is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 18, 08:28 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Green has no centrifuge (well it does but it's switched off). Orange does.
It's quite a bizarre and unique concept ride.
Old 20 Aug 18, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
tinytots
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lilminx View Post
me and DD 10 done the Green first and sent DH on Orange to test it. the Green to be honest was useless. we then went on Orange and DD loved it. I also enjoyed it. I get real sick on Simpson's ride but this was nothing like it. although as the g force got up I thought I might pee my pants with the pressure lol the g force doesn't last that long
That's good to know
Old 20 Aug 18, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
tinytots
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ratmanscoop View Post
Yeah it's nothing like those for several reasons:

1 - you are tilted to face up as befits a rocket launch (if you've ever done the shuttle sim at KSC that would feel similar but that's a huge vehicle compared to Mission Space)
2 - the ride vehicle is tiny, and the screen is up against your face. It's comfortable enough once you're in, but it's very claustrophobic compared to the massive theater of the simpsons or the big vehicle of Star Tours.
3 - The G-force that matters is continuous. Not much of it is a rough and tumble affair where you bounce up and down like the two rides you mentioned, it's a continuously applied effect, a bit like an aeroplane take off perhaps? Hard to put in words but you'll know what I mean when you feel it. There's plenty of stuff online showing you how the effect is done if you're interested, but that would rather spoil the Disney magic, would it not
It would! Not going to look Thank you for the thorough explanation.
We are going to KSC on Saturday. We have done the shuttle sim before but cannot remember it. I am a bit claustrophobic but if I can prepare myself I'm sure I'll be fine.
Old 20 Aug 18, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
lolalolo86
Imagineer

We love the orange side but neither of us get motion sickness. That said, after the first time we rode it, we did get a little knot in our stomachs but put it down to not having ate for a few hours. We got lunch shortly after and felt fine so it might have just been a hunger pain! Either way we didn't feel sick off it and loved the ride itself. I don't think I would enjoy the green one because it seems relatively tame in comparison. The g-force is similar to the shuttle simulator at KSC so I would go on that if heading out there but the ride itself is not the same and mission space's screen is right in front of you and it is claustrophobic in the little capsule whereas the KSC one is more open. Enjoy whatever you decide, I say go for it
lolalolo86 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 18, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Very important in the orange one- don't look to the side, just look at the screen and you should be fine- legs may feel a bit wobbly when getting off. Start looking to the side though and your brain becomes totally confused and you can start to feel very ill.
Old 20 Aug 18, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
clyde/seymore
Serious Dibber

GREEN GREEN GREEN! Well I would! Only been on it once and I do suffer with motion sickness, my husband convinced me orange would be fine as it was only kids in the green queue. How wrong he was. How I didn’t throw up I don’t know. Ran straight to the toilets heaving afterwards and left to go home. Completely ruined the day!
clyde/seymore is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 18, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Soexcited2804
Getting Excited

Mobile

We did orange last year and would never ever do it again I felt utterly horrendous panicky and sick and cried and couldn’t wait for it to end lol haven’t ever tried green maybe should of first 😂
Soexcited2804 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 18, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
dan_the_man
slightly serious Dibber

dan_the_man's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Orange put me out for the entire day, there was no shaking the sickness!
dan_the_man is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List