Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 29 Aug 18, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Pans
Excited about Disney

Rides that mess you up

Just been thinking about this. We have not been for some time and really looking forward to next year when we return. There are a few rides I have not been on including TOT and RnRC. As our son was very young I always had the excuse of holding the bags! Now he is grown up I can’t use that anymore.

Here is the thing. The one ride that “ messed” me up last time was believe it or not Soarin. No idea why in fact went on it twice just to make sure. It just made me queasy. I was fine on EE, Space Mountain etc. Never went on Mission Space as really did no fancy that at all.

Now we have FOP which I really want to do but given my Soarin experience just not sure.

So, fellow Dibbers any thoughts and which rides do you avoid?
Pans is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 18, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
kerrie1781
slightly serious Dibber

The only rides I avoid at all costs is Mission Space, makes me feel sick, the wooden coaster at Busch Gardens gave me a headache for about 3 days but I went on that years ago and think it’s shut now!
Tomorrowland Speedway also gives me a headache for a few hours after but my daughter loves it so I don’t get a choice, I have to go on it! X
FOP - this is my fave ride! It’s absolutely breathtaking, there is a large screen but the bikes are stationary, not sure if this would help?

Edited at 09:16 AM.
kerrie1781 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 18, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Mezza1991
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

The Simpsons in Universal!
Mezza1991 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 18, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mezza1991 View Post
The Simpsons in Universal!
Same! Won't do it anymore! A lot of the 3d rides give me a headache but this make me feel awful!
Won't do Mission Space as I just know it would upset me!
I'm fine on all the other Disney rides
Christmas/New Year 1999/2000 Indian Ridge Villa, May 2001 Fort Lauderdale /I Drive/Port Charlotte/Key West/Miami, May 2005 Westhaven Villa, April 2006 Rotunda Villa/Highlands Reserve Villa, June 2007 Sanibel Villa/Grand Cypress Villas, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa, July/Aug 2012 reunion resort villa, Nov 2012 new York new York!
floridasgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 18, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

The teacups! 🤢
I'm also no good on things where the screen moves, but you don't. Ellen's Energy Adventure made me feel so ill, as do any of the dome style cinemas where the image is projected all over and you stand in the middle - there was one like that at SeaWorld when we first went in 2012. If I'm moving with the action, like on the Simpsons or Soarin', then I'm fine, but if I'm static with the action moving around me then I end up feeling really ill.

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31st Oct - 14th Nov 2012
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 2nd - 16th Jan 2014
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 7th - 21st Feb 2015
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 2nd - 15th April 2016
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29th March - 12th April 2017
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21st October - 4th November 2019
Food report - the unexpected Easter QSDP extravagana! April 2017
What do we want? FOOD! When do we want it? NOW! QSDP food report, Oct 2019
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 18, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
stapz11
I want to go now!

By far the worst ride for me and my wife is Wild Artic at Seaworld, thinking about it now just makes me feel sick. we knew this the first time we went on it but for some reason we thought we would give it another go... bad idea!
2017 villa highlands reserve
2019 villa highlands reserve
stapz11 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 18, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
RockTheDots
slightly serious Dibber

RockTheDots's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Harry Potter's Forbidden Journey made me feel awful. Also another vote for The Simpsons ride. I avoid those now, along with many of the 3D screen-based rides at Universal. I was fine with FoP.
Disneyland: 2022 (Trip report: LA & Aulani), 2023
DCL: Magic x2, Dream, Wish (booked for 2024!), Fantasy and Wonder (booked for 2025!)
RockTheDots is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 18, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
RayVisions
Getting to know the DIBB

I find that I am fine after all of the rides, except for the very back row on RRR coaster at Universal. Brilliant ride on any of the other seats though, just the luck of the line I got the back once.
RayVisions is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 18, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
D15ney72
Serious Dibber

At Universal Minion Mayhem made me feel nauseous, but I think the Stugeron I’d taken may have been wearing off - it was late in the evening and I’d been fine on all the other screen-based rides throughout the day. At Disney I definitely won’t ride the Teacups, the result wouldn’t be pretty!
D15ney72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 18, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
MsMinervaMouse
Excited about Disney

Mobile

The only ride I’ve always avoided is TOT as I hate hate hate drop rides. Went on detonator at Thorpe Park once and never again!

Although small kids go on it, so surely it can’t be THAT bad can it? Maybe this year I’ll feel brave!