Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 29 Aug 18, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Alfiesmum
Excited about Disney

I overdid it on The Hulk last year. We had FOLP so I went on it about 3 times on the run. I came off in a mess! I had a migraine for 2 days after. It hasn’t put me off completely though...think I’ll take anti sickness tablets when I go back next year.
Alfiesmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 18, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
ashesmod
Excited about Disney

ashesmod's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I agree that some of the screen rides can start to have an affect. If I go on one of these rides twice in quick succession (which is a high probability as Universal is full of them) it does start to affect me.

Wild artic though is just something else! Now the screen and ride don't move together in pattern my brain does not cope and i end up with a massive headache. I avoid at all costs.

All Disney rides always seem fine... although It's a Small World does my head in! lol
ashesmod is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 18, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
elmspenguin
VIP Dibber

Another vote for the Simpsons ride I won't go on that anymore, don't always feel my best after going on Forbidden Journey as well but I still go on that but only once a holiday.
Old 29 Aug 18, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Mobile

Mako at Seaworld made me dizzy for hours afterwards - although Manta I am fine with! Weird me... 😂
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 18, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Rip Ride Rockit in Univesal. I went on as a single rider and was sat in the fifth car back. Never again. I felt like my head was forced at an awkward angle and and a headache for hours after!

Strangely I'm fine on Mission Space, Forbidden Journey and Soarin' but on The Simpsons and Jimmy Fallon I had to close my eyes to stop me feeling so sick.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 18, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyF1rstT1me
slightly serious Dibber

I felt the stirrings of nausea on Soarin and FOP but I find that - in addition to taking travel sickness tablets - looking at a fixed point in the distance on the 3D screen helps it go away. If I do this as soon as I feel funny, it only takes a few seconds before I feel better - repeat as necessary. I think, particularly with FOP, that there's so much to see on screen that your eyes are darting around trying to take it all in so if you're prone to motion sickness that's going to make it worse.

The worst ride for me was The Simpsons at Universal - within 10 seconds of the ride starting I knew it was going to be bad and so I closed my eyes for the rest of the ride. I opened them at one point after what felt like ages, to see if it might be alright, but nope, shut them very quickly again. We got off the ride - which both kids loved even though the eldest one is prone to travel sickness - and DH was green. He'd been fine on all the rides but this one did him in. He hadn't thought to close his eyes once he started feeling ill either. In the words of Homer Simpson, D'oh!
DisneyF1rstT1me is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 18, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
EllieandCarl
Trainee Dibber

Simpsons ride at Universal made me feel really ill and I genuinely thought I was going to die on Mission Space. My clever partner decided 'it wasn't worth going on unless we did orange' - well he ate his words because we both felt horrendous after! I thought the crushing feeling on my chest wasn't normal and had to really calm myself down!

I also didn't like Manta at Seaworld I had to sit down after that because I felt really sick!
EllieandCarl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 18, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by EllieandCarl View Post
Simpsons ride at Universal made me feel really ill and I genuinely thought I was going to die on Mission Space. My clever partner decided 'it wasn't worth going on unless we did orange' - well he ate his words because we both felt horrendous after! I thought the crushing feeling on my chest wasn't normal and had to really calm myself down!

I also didn't like Manta at Seaworld I had to sit down after that because I felt really sick!
... mission puke, never again, I did it when it first opened and that was the only option, felt ill all day, wouldn't have minded but it was almost the first thing we did in the day too. From the moment it started I remember trying to breath in and out calmly and started counting in my head... it was beyond awful, so I know exactly what you mean.

Forbidden Journey can make me feel a bit iffy too, didn't when I first did it but since then it has. Other than that, tend to be okay.

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 18, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
lovemickey
Imagineer

Mobile

Forbidden journey made me so ill, I ended up in bed for a day! I definitely can’t cope with motion and screens! Will be sticking to the rollercoasters in future.
lovemickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 18, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Everest. I was poleaxed. Just manage to sit down before I fell down. An hour later after tea and Stugeron I managed to gain some equilibrium!
greekgranny is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List