Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 23 Sep 18, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Jedi Princess
Imagineer

Mobile

Gorgeous, I love 2016’s.

There’s usually 7/8 of us for Christmas dinner. My husband is the main cook, and I’m just the helper.

Our table is usually black/silver with sparkly bits. We don’t have a centre piece.
Old 23 Sep 18, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

Oh dear, I wish I was a planner. Disney, Christmas etc just somehow happen. Do try but it is just not in my nature!
Still people say they enjoy it.
Your tables are beautiful.
greekgranny is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 18, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Diz
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by scottishnellie View Post
Lol!

I am also a Christmas dinner planning freak 😊 I start cooking and freezing at the start of November, making something each week. Then on the day it’s all planned with military precision. This was last years schedule for feeding 15 people
I am also a Christmas planning freak! Love your tables I am always red and gold - you have got me thinking that maybe I should change it up this year.
I also start cooking early although not usually quite as early as the beginning of november (except the Christmas pud which I do make early as it is such a faff. Any chance you have a list of what you make each week. I would love to see it.

My DS and yours are about the same age so any present ideas also gratefully received.

Diz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 18, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
I love 2016 too, it reminds me of the tables at my step-daughter's wedding in December last year, the whole room was beautiful.

Also interested in how you do mash in a slow cooker?

I'm a planner by profession but in real life I'm the most disorganised person I know, I just accept it now and go with the flow
Juliemack is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 18, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

I do mash in the slow cooker I have a divided insert for mine so often in the winter stick stew and potatoes in it I also keep mash warm in the slow cooker heck I even bake potatoes in mine
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 18, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mobile

I make my mash a couple of weeks before, put it through a moule then freeze it. I take it out on Christmas morning, heat it through in the slow cooker and add the butter n cream to serve.

Helen xx

Here's a link to all my previous trip reports since 2015
trip report list by year
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 18, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by Diz View Post
I am also a Christmas planning freak! Love your tables I am always red and gold - you have got me thinking that maybe I should change it up this year.
I also start cooking early although not usually quite as early as the beginning of november (except the Christmas pud which I do make early as it is such a faff. Any chance you have a list of what you make each week. I would love to see it.

My DS and yours are about the same age so any present ideas also gratefully received.

I will dig out my to do lists at some point in October and share them.

I’m still trying to suss our whether DS still believes in Santa before I approach present decisions but will let you know!

Helen xx

Here's a link to all my previous trip reports since 2015
trip report list by year
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 18, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

I have a dressed table all year round;

Usually during the week with all the kids activities they eat dinner on the breakfast bar as they can’t wait until my husband gets home from work. then we eat at the table at weekends together.
At Christmas I re dress the table to red & green (no photos) but it’s nothing compared to yours! They are gorgeous! I love your ideas.
I think your daughter and son are also similar ages to my older 2 children? My daughter is 15 & my son is 12 and of course they still believe 🤣🤣
They love fussing over their little brother who is 5 lol
As they get older it’s more clothes & smellies which is more expensive & smaller presents lol
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 18, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

Helen, I’ve been looking forward to the Christmas forum to pop up so that I can see your table decorations! They always look great. I think we’re doing Christmas here this year so I’m aspiring to make my table look as good.
Unexpectedpenny is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 18, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
KateD
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Wow these tables are beautiful 😍 We are building a kitchen and dining room at the moment. I Don't think it will be ready this year but I'm going to do this next year thanks for the inspiration.
KateD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List