Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 2 Nov 18, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
kathrynmc
Imagineer

The girls stockings are left in the hallway, the girls or dad come downstairs for them and they open them on our bed.

We then tend to go downstairs and open the main presents. I usually put bobbles, socks, chocolates, lip balms in the stockings
kathrynmc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 18, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

Originally Posted by mskitty View Post
We do this with our kids too. The stocking will have small gifts in there such as chocolate, small toiletries or a CD they have asked for now they are older. I love having our bed covered in wrapping paper on Christmas morning.

I have however just had a sinking realisation that with the house renovation we no longer have a fireplace for the stocking to live on in the run up to Christmas. I really need to have a think about where they can go now as they are the same ones the kids have had since they were babies and we make a big thing of moving them to their bedroom doors on Christmas eve.
When we were growing up our stockings were on the bannister in the run up to Christmas.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 18, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
clochette
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by mandco View Post
the kids stockings go on the end of their beds and have lots of little bits in choc coins, choc orange, piece of fruit colouring/puzzle book & pencils, socks, toothpaste/toothbrush, smellies, hair stuff, bubbles, puzzle toy - things that would keep them occupied when they wake up which when they were younger meant I got an hour or so extra in bed

my teens now get things like a razor/mini shaving gel,novelty gadgets, diary
This is what we used to do, too. In fact we still do, though they are 23, 29 and 16 now!
clochette is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 18, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
When we were growing up our stockings were on the bannister in the run up to Christmas.
We live in a bungalow 😂😂😂
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 18, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

Lol. That’s not going to work then!
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 18, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Hooray4Disney View Post
As a child, our stockings were always really exciting and I have followed what my mum and dad used to do.

Stockings are hung on a drawer in their bedroom and during the night Santa fills them with goodies - always a pair of Xmas socks and pants with lots of little treats - I set a price of no more than Ł5 a present and the boys have about 25 each (not all of,them cost Ł5 - they also have some gold coins, Xmas chocolate orange and sweets.

They then bring them through to our room and sit on our bed to take it in turns opening them. I always make a coffee before the opening begins

Following this, we go downstairs to open the tree presents and take this in turn also. Family presents are given and received in the afternoon.

Now the boys are older, I hang their stockings on the outside of their bedroom door but they both still entertain Xmas morning, as a tradition.
I totally relate to the part about the coffee, lol!

Our kids’ stockings are hung on the fireplace in the run up to Christmas. On Christmas Eve they leave them at the end of their beds. On Christmas morning they’re allowed to open the presents in their room. Usually small gifts, lip balms, pens, notepads, body sprays. Xbox gift card for my son, Arsenal pen & pencil set, plus they have the usual chocolate coins/sweeties in (only 1 of my kids likes satsumas, and my son is allergic to apples!).
Then it’s downstairs to open the other presents- but first I make them wait while I get a coffee! 😂
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 18, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post
not2old4disney
slightly serious Dibber

Our stockings are hung on the kids door handles and when they get up on Christmas morning they bring them through to our bed and open them all together, then it's downstairs for the presents under the tree which we all open together
not2old4disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 18, 11:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Stardust5
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Love*my*hols View Post
Our stockings used to be left on the bedroom door handle and they brought them into our room to open and the sacks were downstairs to be opened one present at a time when we were all together.
This is what we do too!
Stardust5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 18, 11:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Mallky555
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Ours have stockings outside their bedrooms which we fill with favourite sweets and any little bits I pick up x I always had a stocking and wasn’t allowed to wake my parents until I had opened my stocking 😂😂😂😂 mum said it was to buy her a few more minutes sleep x generally in our house we end up having to wake the kids as we are always up early anyway 🙈
Under the tree depends on what they’ve asked for as we have two older children and a 4 yr old so usually our youngest has a bit more to open as the items are cheaper if dd asks for a new phone for example other stuff under the tree would be useful stuff that I would generally have to buy in anyway 😬 I love xmas but I am conscious that some children get nothing for Christmas so I try not to go over board and I certainly won’t get into debt for anything I buy x
Mallky555 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 18, 11:46 PM  
Link to this Post
RM2016
Imagineer

RM2016's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

My 6 get their stockings at the end of their beds to open. Each one had a theme to the gifts which helps me know whose is who and there are around 10 small gifts in each. Once everyone is done we all traipse downstairs for the Santa gifts where all of them have the same number of gifts but never the same value!
RM2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List