Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 9 Nov 18, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

X box game for 6 year old

My youngest is only five but 6 in feb. He likes to go on his brothers mincraft every now and then but other than that never played anything else.
I have seen the Lego dimension starter kit £20 which seems cheap for an x box game but the age starts at 7
Will this be too hard for my son? He loves building stuff with Lego so I thought he might enjoy it but I know it will frustrate him if it’s too hard.

If this is too hard is there any other easy games apart from mincraft? Thanks
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 18, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
liz-paul
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Plants Vs zombies is pretty good (can't be that hard cos it's the game that got.me into gaming 😳 lol) but mine were aged 7 & 10 when we got the Xbox so I'm not certain its the right age.

I find lego dimensions a bit complicated but the kids like it. Lego world's I don't really like but it has a sandbox element which the kids like and your son might like (i.e. you just run around, breaking stuff, building etc. Not following a narrative or game... )
liz-paul is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 18, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

my ds has played lego dimensions since he was 4/5 so I'd say if he can play minecraft he'll probably manage it. Some of it is a bit hard and he may need a little help-mostly the problem solving parts but there is a lot of smashing and collecting lego. Smyths have lots of the expansion sets on offer at the moment too if you can find any in stock. I will say putting the lego kit together is not the easiest and pretty time consuming but you don't actually need it set up to play the game.

xbox there is not a lot of choice for younger players there is a paw patrol game coming out and there are a few disney ones but even most of those are 7+

Pvz is great fun and fairly easy but depends on if you allow them shooter type games

Edited at 10:43 AM.
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 18, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

I do think 5/6 is too young for an x box lol but it will only be every now & then so thought a cheap game would be another Christmas present (no way would I pay over £20 for an x box game for a 5/6 year old 😂&#128514
Lego dimensions starter kit looked a good bargain for £20 but as you say it may be too hard. However the plants v zombies is only £15 on amazon so sounds good to me. I bet my older son (12) will enjoy that too.
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 18, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
scruffycharlie
Apprentice Imagineer

At 6 my son loved the Lego games (not dimensions) but Harry Potter,Star Wars, pirates of Caribbean,Batman etc he never found them difficult. I wish he would still play them now as I enjoyed playing them with him. Now at 12 all he plays is Fortnite and Destiny.
scruffycharlie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 18, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
scruffycharlie
Apprentice Imagineer

Have a look at the Lego worlds game I think you can build your own worlds on this similar to minecraft.

Edited at 12:37 PM.
scruffycharlie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 18, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
staceylc
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

My 5yo loves any of the LEGO games (dimensions, batman, city).