Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 10 Nov 18, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyCupcake
Imagineer

Favourite/or not 2018 Christmas ad

Early days yet but what is your favourite or not favourite Christmas ad for 2018 so far (posted 10/11/2018)

Mine is Heathrow Bears or should I say Doris and Edward Bair (and didn't mean to jump on to hermione25 post) and they might take the crown from John Lewis for some. Last years was just adorable.

heathrow/file_source...ars/index.html

If I can find a way to put on a poll once we get more adverts I shall try to add one. Have noticed there are lots of Christmas ads here in the US now which are much earlier than they used to be but they are pure selling tools not a journey or story to be had.

Looks like Iceland have created some controversy with theirs but haven't had a chance to view it in full yet.
DisneyCupcake is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 18, 12:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Imagineer

Mobile

My favourite ones so far are:

Aldi with Kevin the carrot 🤩
Visa with shop local 😍

My least favourite is Debenhams to me its really bad and they shouldn't have bothered 😪
Minnie18 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 18, 01:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
After hearing John Lewis spent 10 million on their I think that should gp to the bottom a) because they are in trouble and jobs at risk and b) 10 million could be donated to help the aged or likewise charity so the elderly and vulnerable have a great Christmas.
But I digress Aldi is funny , love the evil parsnip . The Iceland one is really good and gets a real message across and hopefully as it’s going viral will get seen by more people this way instead on on the normal tv.
Big question do these adverts actually increase any revenue for the company , I don’t shop at John Lewis or buy coke and don’t know many people do tbh.
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 18, 04:02 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

I love that CocaCola UK have joined in tweeting back to Aldi UK offering Kevin a tow
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 18, 07:04 AM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
After hearing John Lewis spent 10 million on their I think that should gp to the bottom a) because they are in trouble and jobs at risk and b) 10 million could be donated to help the aged or likewise charity so the elderly and vulnerable have a great Christmas.
But I digress Aldi is funny , love the evil parsnip . The Iceland one is really good and gets a real message across and hopefully as it’s going viral will get seen by more people this way instead on on the normal tv.
Big question do these adverts actually increase any revenue for the company , I don’t shop at John Lewis or buy coke and don’t know many people do tbh.
The Iceland one going viral shows how times are chang8ng. T.v. no longer rules. I saw the cartoon of Iceland one in school about 3 weeks ago ... I'm not sure it was meant to be for Christmas! But clever promoter deserves an extra bag of Iceland chips in his stocking!

JL ... would they be better to have done that ... not done an advert but donated to a charity ... loudly doing it for the column inches? Possibly.
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 18, 07:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Tracydcp
Imagineer

Mobile

I like the Heathrow bears one and the Aldi one the best. I have watched the Iceland one and although I think it’s a good message I don’t feel it’s Christmassy at all. Looking forward to the John Lewis one!

April/May 2009, October 2011, May 2013, May 2015
August 2020 We’re going back!
Tracydcp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 18, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
I completely agree about JL! Apparently it's about homelessness - that amount of money plus Elton Johns fee could have been better spent elsewhere!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 18, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by princesschazy View Post
I completely agree about JL! Apparently it's about homelessness - that amount of money plus Elton Johns fee could have been better spent elsewhere!
You would hope EJ donated his fee, but ironic it’s about homelessness when the money could have helped them .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 18, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Elton John has given all his profits to charity for years now, I think.

JL do support charity but come on, they are a business and need to make money the same as everyone else.

They are not ‘in trouble’ or at least no more than anyone else, and much less than the other big names. (DH works in head office so I hear all the news!). It is a tough climate all round and you can’t blame any business for wanting people to spend money there at their busiest time.
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 18, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
dizzymcfarlane
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Iceland one
dizzymcfarlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List