Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Closed Thread

Old 15 Jan 14, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Leggibone
Imagineer

Sixt car hire.

So I have been looking at car hire for our Disney break in November,
The issue I have is I'm only 21 when we get there (and my friends wouldn't be able to drive, since one will have only had her licence 11 months and then other doesn't drive) I am perfectly willing to drive, and would love to have a car for the freedom, like I have at home, but the main issue is the young driver subsidy.

So I have quotes for a standard 4 door from us rent a car for around £400 with the young driver package (would be from Alamo)
but I can get an SUV or a standard size car from sixt for £270, I know it's offsite (but £130 is a lot of difference)

The thing is when I read reviews for sixt I hear about having to pay for insurance and such on top? And I'm concerned that I would have been better off biting the bullet and getting it from Alamo?
There are 3 of us, and we want a 4 door car, with reasonable luggage space, and I drive a ford focus at home, so I'm not worried about size, I just don't want to get fobbed off (I also have a Credit card in my name which I will take for the car hire deposit and in case of emergencys)
Help!
Should I pay the extra and get a 4 door focus or equivalent, or go through sixt and get the same or SUV?
2014 - Rosen Inn International, Hard Rock Hotel, Yacht club and Bay Lake Tower! Mr Bears Grand Adventure, 2015- A sneaky to DLP- Sequoia Lodge, 2016- Another WDW trip... BLT, AKL, HRH and Rosen Inn - Mr Bear takes Boris to WDW, 2022 - Taking the small fry…. Coronado spring addition, 2024 - Riding solo?
Leggibone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 14, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
As long as you're sure your quote includes all the necessary insurances and you are ready for the hard sell then you will be fine. I don't think they are any worse than any other renters when it comes to the upsell of extra products.
Be aware that they are offsite, although I have read that their shuttle service is pretty good

Edit - sorry, just noticed you know that they're offsite
Juliemack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 14, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post

We have always used airport car hire before and it was only after my friend booked it at the travel agents that I realised they were off site, six months of panicking went on until we went, I can honestly say it was fab we collected cases went outside and there was the minibus to collect us, five minutes to hire place, no queue, brand new car and away in half an hour. Would not hesitate to use sixt again.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 14, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Leggibone
Imagineer

Thank you I think I will probably go with them then and save the pennies.
2014 - Rosen Inn International, Hard Rock Hotel, Yacht club and Bay Lake Tower! Mr Bears Grand Adventure, 2015- A sneaky to DLP- Sequoia Lodge, 2016- Another WDW trip... BLT, AKL, HRH and Rosen Inn - Mr Bear takes Boris to WDW, 2022 - Taking the small fry…. Coronado spring addition, 2024 - Riding solo?
Leggibone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 14, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Dj88
Getting to know the DIBB

I agree wholeheartedly with the poster above. We used Sixt for our 3 week trip in the summer and they were superb. Car was almost brand new, the service was excellent, and the minibus to their office was no problem. In fact, judging by the queues at the on site rental desks, I'm sure we were on our way to our accomodation before everyone else. We'll certainly use them next time.
Dj88 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 14, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Tiggernut
Imagineer

Another big thumbs up for sixt. Used them last year and they were great. The car we had was literally brand new...15 miles on the clock...and the staff were really helpful. No hard sell and she even upgraded us as the only car in our group was waiting to be cleaned. Rather than asking us to wait she gave us the brand new SUV!
1992(Honeymoon)&1993 Quality Inn International; 1995, 1997, 2006 and 2009 West Coast; 1996 & 1999 Comfort Inn LBV; 2004 Indian Ridge; 2005 & 2011 Regal Palms; 2007 & 2010 The Manors at West Haven; 2008 Sunridge Woods; 2012 Boston and New York 2013 Sandy Ridge 2014 Colorado/Utah/Vegas 2015 Manors North at West Haven 2016 LV/SF/YOSEMITE 2017 Canada 2017 Indian Ridge Oaks
Tiggernut is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 14, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread