Notices

Old 8 Aug 16, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridasun
Imagineer

Port Orleans Riverside August 2016 Pre Trip Report

Last year was my first live trippy and it was hard some nights to get it done when everyone else was collapsing into bed. However, I love reading back through it remembering the fun we had and I love reading everyone else's reports, so here I am again.
This year it's just us again. Myself, Helen 43 and doing all the planning. Completely obsessed with the Dibb! DH Darren will be 45 the day before we fly. Loves Orlando and Disney just as much as me. DD Chloe 17 and DD Holly 12 both love Orlando more than anywhere else.

To start this trip was only possible due to our return flight last year being oversold on the second leg JFK to LHR. They wanted volunteers to take the next available flight in exchange for $1000 flight vouchers each. I was up like a shot volunteering us while Darren was completely unaware as he popped to the restrooms. He was pleased though when he realised we'd be able to return again sooner than planned. We did have some hassle with the booking as we had to call the USA to book and then post the vouchers by registered post which cost £50! They clearly couldn't understand my South London accent even though I spelt everything phonetically As there was an error with my surname. How you can confuse P For PAPA with T for TANGO. P and T yes but PAPA and TANGO . Anyway several long distance calls later and it was finally sorted. Then they ticketed us as 4 kids! Sent me refund of balance in vouchers. Called again to sort. No we can't take vouchers back you need to pay the difference. I DONT THINK SO! Eventually sorted. I won't bore you with the saga. We are going that's all that matters now.

We are booked into the Port Orleans Riverside for 14 nights from 18th August. We have the QSDP and $200 gift card. Sooo excited about staying here. Only stayed onsite once back in 2008 at Pop Century. We had a lovely time then. Now the girls are older they loved having the freedom to stay in the parks at Universal last year so will really enjoy being able to do more rides if we want to head back.
This year we are only doing Disney and maybe a day at Clearwater. We haven't visited either in Florida since 2012. We have an ADR for TRex one evening and Be Our Guest for lunch on Saturday the 20th but that's all we are committed to. I have booked 3 fast pass per day. Some for mornings and some for late afternoon/evenings so we can have pool or shopping mornings.
Shopping will feature a lot for us especially as we have 2 teens. Florida is the only place Darren actually enjoys shopping fortunately.
I have arranged to collect the car the day after arrival this time so we can try the Magical Express. Always wanted to go on this and it means Darren won't have to drive tired. We'll drop it back at the airport on the way home. We love having the freedom of a car and he says he wouldn't go if he couldn't have one but we will use the Disney transport some times on this trip too.

So it begins on the 17th. Next Wednesday! Also Darren's birthday, when we stay at the Travelodge T5 at Heathrow. We have 2 rooms booked for just £27 each. Bargain. Our flight goes via Miami and we should arrive in Orlando at 18:49 all going well. We have the nice new 77w plane on the way out so it should be a good journey.
Well, the trouble sleeping has started early this time. Last night I dreamt I had accidentally checked in my hand luggage instead of my case. I was rushing around the airport like crazy trying to find someone who could get it back as my glasses were in there and my contact lenses were going to dry out and stick to my eyes. Whilst carrying my big case of course ! I woke up so many times. Am I the only one that has crazy dreams like this before their trip?
Well that's it till next Wednesday. OMG is it really next week!

Last years trippy was titled Easter 2015 if you want a look.
See you next week
Helen

Floridasun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 16, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by Floridasun - 8 Aug 16 7:50 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 16, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
pcnine28
Imagineer

We arrive at POR on the 10th, just a lickle bit excited.
Have a great trip :-)
pcnine28 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 16, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridasun
Imagineer

Might see you at the pool. Have a great time.
Floridasun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 16, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Sounds lovely will enjoy following your trip

Joan
Old 8 Aug 16, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
JenD1
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

Have a fantastic holiday!

Old 8 Aug 16, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBigdog
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Might bump into you both, as we're staying at POR from 11th Aug! Enjoy your trip.
MrsBigdog is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 16, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
wozza
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Ooh we arrive in POR on the 21st I was planning to do a report too we could meet up for a report writing drink! X
Port Orleans Riverside/Cocoa Beach October 2018
wozza is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 16, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

Have an awesome holiday.looking forward to reading along x
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 16, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
beegnjasmum
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Have a great trip. Can't wait to read all the POR reports, we're staying here in October.
Enjoy the build up and no more nightmares hopefully : )
beegnjasmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List