Notices

Old 6 May 18, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

So I think I now have everything booked that I wanted to pre book. The Dessert party with Plaza Gardens viewing came available for our last night. This was a must do in the hope of not having to fight for a space for the kids to be able to see Happily Ever After. I do think it's over priced but if it saves us from that then it will be worth it. I've probably taken a bit of a gamble with it being our last night in case it ends up being a washout. I've gone for it anyway so we'll just keep our fingers crossed.

Now I just need to stay off The Dibb so I'm not given any more bright ideas to damage my bank account with. I'm pretty sure I'm done now though
August 2021 - Anthem of the seas UK mini cruise Trip report *completed*
Vegas/LA Aug 22 - Trip Report In Progress
Milpston is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 18, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

So having not added anything to our holiday for almost a month. I started wondering if there were any bargain upgrades to be had into premium economy on our flights. I found that the flight on the way home is pretty much full apart from 5 seats so there was no options there. I got a quote for premium economy just outbound which was about £1800 ... er no thanks.

I did however upgrade the car to a Group L Chevy Suburban or similar. Had been toying with this idea for a while so at least its done and dusted now.

I don't think I've got any worries about not having enough space now. I was kind of hoping that we would get a free upgrade to one of these on arrival but I decided if I rely on luck it's unlikely to happen!
Milpston is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 18, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

So double digit day has arrived . It still feels forever away. I'm hoping it feels like I goes a bit quicker from here on in.

I thought I would make myself a little 'to do' list.

- must contact the holiday insurance company and get Sally's name changed from her Maiden name
- Pay all balances
- Do on line check ins (API done) and select magic bands
- Select and book FP+ at 60 days. I have been put on a training course on the day and cannot get out of it Would anyone else cope with trusting the Wife/Husband to book fast passes?
- Decide how much currency to take and exchange it. Hopefully the rate will climb a bit
- Do some holiday clothes shopping (Sally, not me )

All in all, not to bad. Have I missed anything glaringly obvious?
Old 5 Jul 18, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Gabsnoot
Imagineer

Your plans are shaping up nicely, you are way more organised than us . I feel like I should get a move on!

We reached double digits last week and the time still seems to be dragging ...hopefully it’ll pick up soon.

Luckily I am on annual leave on FP day (not intentional, a happy accident). I had to leave DH in charge of the ADRs because I was working that day and he did us proud and got everything on the list .

I’m sure your DW will do a grand job on FP day, how are you planning them? I usually do a rough plan following the park map and book FP for the busier rides at about the time I think we’ll get to them...it’s all a bit military operationto be honest, I’m trying to be a bit more relaxed about it this time . In saying that, we’ve subscribed to touring plans for the last few years, mainly for room requests, but they also have a tool to plan your park visits so might give it a go this year.

We’re keeping our fingers crossed for a better exchange rate before we buy, I could kick myself for not getting some when it was at $1.40 a month or so ago .

Enjoy the rest of your planning
Gabsnoot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 18, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gabsnoot View Post
Your plans are shaping up nicely, you are way more organised than us . I feel like I should get a move on!

We reached double digits last week and the time still seems to be dragging ...hopefully it’ll pick up soon.

Luckily I am on annual leave on FP day (not intentional, a happy accident). I had to leave DH in charge of the ADRs because I was working that day and he did us proud and got everything on the list .

I’m sure your DW will do a grand job on FP day, how are you planning them? I usually do a rough plan following the park map and book FP for the busier rides at about the time I think we’ll get to them...it’s all a bit military operationto be honest, I’m trying to be a bit more relaxed about it this time . In saying that, we’ve subscribed to touring plans for the last few years, mainly for room requests, but they also have a tool to plan your park visits so might give it a go this year.

We’re keeping our fingers crossed for a better exchange rate before we buy, I could kick myself for not getting some when it was at $1.40 a month or so ago .

Enjoy the rest of your planning
I feel like the countdown is just starting to move. Less than 12 weeks to go for us! I always seem to do our holiday planning. Sally and Chloe have both made it pretty clear they don't really want the responsibility of the fast pass bookings. We have a friend who has offered to do them which I may have as a back up should I not be able to aggressively force a 11:55 lunch break on my training course

I really need to start planning my fast passes properly as I really need to study the park maps. I have a fairly good idea of most of the ones I want. However, Emma is quite small for her age and it's going to be really tight as to whether she will reach the height requirement for 7DMT and Slinky. Think I will just book them and keep my fingers crossed.

I have subscribed to Touring Plans too but I just think it will never work with our little ones. I am planning everything in advance but once we get there I won't really care if the plans get torn up if it's all too much for the kids. We will stick to ADRS in the first week and then try and be as flexible as possible.

The rate is getting worse by the day. I also nearly changed some currency up when it was 1.42... can't believe I didn't!
Old 21 Jul 18, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

So just a little update with 83 days left to go.

I have been pondering whether one night at the beach would be a bit rushed so I have finally booked a second night at the beach. I nearly added an extra night at Opal Sands but eventually decided to move down to St Pete's Beach for a night. Have seen the Grand Plaza on so many trip reports along with Bongos so I have booked a night there. unfortunately the standard rooms wouldn't accommodate the 5 of us so I had to go for a suite. I have booked this with no payment and payment isn't required until about a week before so if I end up changing my mind it won't cost anything.

We have been on a little break down to Dorset for a few days and the kids loved it. Chloe is away with Grandparents so Sally the kids, my parents and I had a few days away. It was a good little practice run and made me realise the kids will be the ones setting the pace.

Benjamin had his first day at the beach and we have mainly been by the pool on Emma's previous holidays so it was a first for her too really. They both loved it so I'm glad I've added St Petes to the itinerary.

We put Emma on a few rides. She has always been a bit of a wimp with rides. She would even cry if sat on a swing until a couple of weeks ago. She is getting more confident and I'm starting to think there'll be no problem at Disney... famous last words!

Emma loves climbing frames etc now. Just starting to wonder if there are any simple playgrounds around Disney with swings and climbing frames etc ?

The holiday park we stayed on also had some characters in their entertainment team. Initially Emma would not go anywhere near them but she son got used to them and Benjamin absolutely loved it. Starting to think WDW will definitely be a hit for both of them

Old 21 Jul 18, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

How have I never noticed your pre-trippie! We're a family of 5 travelling too!

I will read through the rest of the report later, just going to get the little one ready for bed xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 18, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
kansaskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Great pre trippie! We travel this August with a 3.5yo and 15 month old! Wish we had a 16 year old to help though lol!
Can’t believe you are staying for sooooo long! Amazing amazing plans!
Old 21 Jul 18, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Milpston View Post
So double digit day has arrived . It still feels forever away. I'm hoping it feels like I goes a bit quicker from here on in.

I thought I would make myself a little 'to do' list.

- must contact the holiday insurance company and get Sally's name changed from her Maiden name
- Pay all balances
- Do on line check ins (API done) and select magic bands
- Select and book FP+ at 60 days. I have been put on a training course on the day and cannot get out of it Would anyone else cope with trusting the Wife/Husband to book fast passes?
- Decide how much currency to take and exchange it. Hopefully the rate will climb a bit
- Do some holiday clothes shopping (Sally, not me )

All in all, not to bad. Have I missed anything glaringly obvious?
Nope! I would not trust my husband at all

Originally Posted by Milpston View Post
So just a little update with 83 days left to go.

I have been pondering whether one night at the beach would be a bit rushed so I have finally booked a second night at the beach. I nearly added an extra night at Opal Sands but eventually decided to move down to St Pete's Beach for a night. Have seen the Grand Plaza on so many trip reports along with Bongos so I have booked a night there. unfortunately the standard rooms wouldn't accommodate the 5 of us so I had to go for a suite. I have booked this with no payment and payment isn't required until about a week before so if I end up changing my mind it won't cost anything.

We have been on a little break down to Dorset for a few days and the kids loved it. Chloe is away with Grandparents so Sally the kids, my parents and I had a few days away. It was a good little practice run and made me realise the kids will be the ones setting the pace.

Benjamin had his first day at the beach and we have mainly been by the pool on Emma's previous holidays so it was a first for her too really. They both loved it so I'm glad I've added St Petes to the itinerary.

We put Emma on a few rides. She has always been a bit of a wimp with rides. She would even cry if sat on a swing until a couple of weeks ago. She is getting more confident and I'm starting to think there'll be no problem at Disney... famous last words!

Emma loves climbing frames etc now. Just starting to wonder if there are any simple playgrounds around Disney with swings and climbing frames etc ?

The holiday park we stayed on also had some characters in their entertainment team. Initially Emma would not go anywhere near them but she son got used to them and Benjamin absolutely loved it. Starting to think WDW will definitely be a hit for both of them

That little break looks lovely, the kids have grown so much since your first post! x
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 18, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Originally Posted by kansaskitty View Post
Great pre trippie! We travel this August with a 3.5yo and 15 month old! Wish we had a 16 year old to help though lol!
Can’t believe you are staying for sooooo long! Amazing amazing plans!
I'm just hoping I'm not running before I can walk with increasingly complicated plans for our first trip.
Chloe can be a massive help... or just an extra person for Emma to argue with

I hope you are doing a trip report that I can glean tips from before I go!