Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 14 Oct 09, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
But you get that anywhere in Britain where there are tourists. Certainly it's all over central London. You can't blame people for trying to make a buck (sorry euro) and you can easily ignore them - it's not as if they take up much space.
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 09, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Originally Posted by motty1969 View Post
But please don't tell people not to go and "waste their money", that's just stupid I'm afraid. Thousands of people have brilliant times there!
Agree. I had a really bad experience in US this year but I wouldn't tell people not to waste their money .. each person has different experiences, mine was bad but the next persons could be good.

In 3 weeks time, the Lakeside Lushes (me, Vron, Leanne1977, Treacle, Rusty, June, EmzD and Stephwa) plus my whole family will all be going to DLP .. we're planning a riotous time so the French had better beware!

Oh, and Tracey and I have studied Spanish so we'll revise our swear words and also look up 'get to the back of the queue' while we're at it! Can't wait! Watch out DLP
Old 14 Oct 09, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
baldybouncer
slightly serious Dibber

We didnt see anywhere near as much smoking in florida and pushing in at parades wasnt a problem...

The characters have 'minders' which organise people so its not just a free for all...much better.
Old 14 Oct 09, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Well i have been to the Magic Kingdom numerous times and each time we sit and reserve a spot for the parades..(day and evening) and we have always seen people attempting to push in.

Yes the characters are mostly better organised on WDW.. but queue jumping exists still.

You had a bad trip.. but doesnt mean others will.
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 09, 08:09 AM  
Link to this Post
baldybouncer
slightly serious Dibber

We had a bad trip yes but others will also...

How can you 'join in' pushing to get your 1 year old daughters picture taken...you cant unless you want to risk them getting hurt.

This also upset them because we couldnt 'join in'...

As for the smoking - even my 1 year old was coughing and complaining (crying) as the smoke was getting in her eyes...what gives the grotty europeans the right to do this to my kids?

In Florida we hardly had anyone smoking and if they did they where quickly told they couldnt smoke...

If people read this thread and it makes them think twice because of the points I have mentioned then hopefully they will thank us as Florida is SO much more Disney and SO much better in all respects
Old 15 Oct 09, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by baldybouncer View Post
Just wanted to post this to anyone thinking about wasting their money travelling to DLP.

We spent 7 days 6 nights at the davy crocket ranch the last week in September.

The cabin stank of smoke even though we told them we would not accept a smoked in cabin - they refused to move us and just left the windows open ...

While the windows where open all you could smell and breathe was smoke from the other cabins...

While in the parks we had to try and dodge the hot ends of these cigarettes let alone not breathing the digusting smoke...

There is 2 reasons why we will never return to DLP:

As I have said the smoke. The french and spanish dont breathe air they just chain smoke...to a point that I lost my temper with some of them and told them what I thought of them poisoning the air that my family and myself where breathing...Because of Disneys lack of enforcing the no smoking in the the park and only in smoking areas I will only be doing disney properly this time

Secondly - Pushing in...The spanish where the worst for this... While waiting for a parade we would find a decent spot early enough to be at the front - however the spanish think they can just push their spawn infront of you and yours - this time my partner told the parents of these brats where to get off...the last time when a 9 year old pushed infront of my 1 year old in her pram and made her cry because she couldnt see the characters!...

This is nothing compared to the pushing and shoving when a character arrives - the only way your going to get your kids picture taken is by pushing back at the idiots that have no concept of waiting...I have lost count of how many pictures where ruined by peoples arms etc being pushed into the frame...

So to be honest my family and myself feel cheated due to the fact the week was mostly spent fighting and coughing...

So Disney if you read this - sort out the Smoking and BAN IT and make people que for characters as fighting to get your picture taken is not fun...

Roll on Florida next year ! DLP never again
both reason why despite how much i want to try DLP ( and i really want to give it a go for a few days ) we will just go to WDW every 18 - 24 months depending on school and money
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 09, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post

As many bad trips as there are, there are many more great trips. I went to DLP for my first time last week and had a superb time. I guess everyone is different, but I would say it's worth trying once - as long as you don't expect it to be Florida (it isn't) or go with any anti feeling towards people who don't speak Englsih (lots don't, but then it's France).
Old 15 Oct 09, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post

We had a bad trip yes but others will also...

How can you 'join in' pushing to get your 1 year old daughters picture taken...you cant unless you want to risk them getting hurt.

This also upset them because we couldnt 'join in'...

As for the smoking - even my 1 year old was coughing and complaining (crying) as the smoke was getting in her eyes...what gives the grotty europeans the right to do this to my kids?

In Florida we hardly had anyone smoking and if they did they where quickly told they couldnt smoke...

If people read this thread and it makes them think twice because of the points I have mentioned then hopefully they will thank us as Florida is SO much more Disney and SO much better in all respects
i completely agree with you. for what it costs to go and stay in DLP you can go to orlando for not a lot more and with the euro as rubbish at the min it makes everything like food so expensive - not like the US!
Old 15 Oct 09, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
baldybouncer
slightly serious Dibber

To be honest looking at some of the replies the only people who disagree with me I would imagine are smokers... And if they like being around smokers thats fine but to me a holiday for kids (big and small) should not be under clouds of Carcinogenic smoke.

For our family now we will save longer and go to florida and have a better holiday
Old 15 Oct 09, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

I have to agree with everything you said, I wouldnt either go back even if we won it as a prize.

I said to the DW a few days ago, maybe we should go backagain, a few mins later I completely retracted what I said

I would rather go once every 2 years to WDW than once a year to DLP. It really isnt the Disney experience they charge for.

To be honest looking at some of the replies the only people who disagree with me I would imagine are smokers... And if they like being around smokers thats fine but to me a holiday for kids (big and small) should not be under clouds of Carcinogenic smoke.

For our family now we will save longer and go to florida and have a better holiday
sprocket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread