Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 14 Jul 19, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Roostie
Trying for More Ears

Port Oreleans Resort - PETS ?

Booked our Disney holiday for 8th - 22nd May 2020 and chose the Port Orleans (PO) Resort with a Riverside Garden View room.

Have read up and found out that the PO resort is "pet friendly" and some of the rooms have had dogs in them. This is something we do not really want or were made aware of when we booked via Thomas Cook.

Is the pet friendly accommodation in a specific area of the PO resort or is it any accommodation is classed as pet friendly ?

Last thing we want is yappy dogs going off on our holiday.

Anyone had any experience of this resort and pets?
Old 14 Jul 19, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Posiesmum
VIP Dibber

Posiesmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 3
Mobile

We were at PO in October last year and didn’t see any dogs (sadly!)

Villefranche-sur-Mer/Monaco - June and July 2024
Orlando for Thanksgiving - November/December 2024
Belfast/Dublin/Vancouver - June 2025
Posiesmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Potterer
Very Serious Dibber

We didn't see any on any of our trips. Universal hotels accept dogs and yet I have never seen one there either.

POR had specific buildings in which they would accept dogs and there are dog relief areas next to buildings 24 and 15 for Alligator Bayou and 80 and 95 for Magnolia Bend as shown on this map.

The pet idea was floated by Disney and the backlash was immense. Not very many people would consider taking their dog to Disney World with them because if you are out at the parks you cannot take your dog in there meaning you have to leave them behind in the room.

If you do a room request nearer the time just state you do not want to be near any dogs.
August 2019 CBBR & RPR Club level Post GCSE treat
Potterer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Roosterroo
Excited about Disney

we were in Disney during hurricane Irma, so many locals moved to the hotels for a couple of nights as they would be in danger in their own homes bringing their pets. the beach club did a dog show in the lobby at one point as there was so many it was brilliant, I even saw a cat! apart from assistance dogs and the hurricane weekend ive never seen dogs in the hotels
Roosterroo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

You can leave your dog in special kennels not the room and a lot of Americans do take their dogs. A sensible owner would not be walking their dog around the hotel/parks during the heat of the day (not all owners are sensible sadly & we have seen them) but if you want take your dog or a service dog then the opportunity is available to have a holiday that you may not otherwise be able to have, in which case its a good thing. I would personally not want to take my dog but rooms are set aside for those who want/need to.
You can make a special request for a none previously used animal room for things like allergies/asthma so I can not see that it would be a problem.
Old 15 Jul 19, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Roostie
Trying for More Ears

Thank you..
Old 15 Jul 19, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
kellsbells
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Roosterroo View Post
we were in Disney during hurricane Irma, so many locals moved to the hotels for a couple of nights as they would be in danger in their own homes bringing their pets. the beach club did a dog show in the lobby at one point as there was so many it was brilliant, I even saw a cat! apart from assistance dogs and the hurricane weekend ive never seen dogs in the hotels
Yes we were there for Irma too and it was the same at POFQ. Lots of dogs around and it was actually really nice, it felt like a little town for a couple of days!

Usually though I believe it's only certain rooms allocated for pets and I've never seen one apart from during Irma. If there was a problem you could ask to be moved but I believe if any dogs are a nuisance the owner has to put them into the kennels there (at least that was what a CM told me when I asked about it, no idea if that's true!)

kellsbells is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Tracey2019
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I looked at the wdw faq and there was a bit about the doggy daycare/boarding kennels and it sounded really good and that the dogs and cats would be well looked after
Tracey2019 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List