Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 20 Jun 19, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
#21
Mrs-Weasley
Thread Starter
Very Serious Dibber
 
Mrs-Weasley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 18
Originally Posted by Rac20 View Post
Iím so sorry you are feeling like this. I think after everything youíve been through that itís totally understandable. Iíll keep my fingers crossed for you that your plans are not affected and you get to enjoy your well deserved holiday. Sending lots of pixie dust your way.
Thank you so much I really appreciate it.
Mrs-Weasley is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
#22
Myakka17
VIP Dibber
 
Myakka17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 11
I think you have ( quite rightly) been focus in so much on this holiday as it's a fab holiday to look forward to with all the horrible situations you've faced this year.
The fact you read that about BA was like the straw that broke the camels back.
Let's keep positive thinking BA won't want their brand tarnished so I hope it'll be rectified prior to them.
Wishing you luck. Xx
__________________
Myakka17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
#23
Mrs-Weasley
Thread Starter
Very Serious Dibber
 
Mrs-Weasley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 18
Originally Posted by Myakka17 View Post
I think you have ( quite rightly) been focus in so much on this holiday as it's a fab holiday to look forward to with all the horrible situations you've faced this year.
The fact you read that about BA was like the straw that broke the camels back.
Let's keep positive thinking BA won't want their brand tarnished so I hope it'll be rectified prior to them.
Wishing you luck. Xx
Thank you, you are right this holiday has been the only thing thats kept/keeping me going.
Mrs-Weasley is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
#24
Minnie18
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Jan 18
Mobile

Sending hugs it sounds like you have had a hard time of it this year and are understandably fragile. Please try not to worry about what might or might not happen in August (easier said than done I know) hope you have lots of support around you.
Minnie18 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
#25
Claudette
Imagineer
 
Claudette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 18
Location: Hertfordshire

Claudette's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Sorry to read you are feeling so bad. I lost both my parents within 18 months and it is tough and I was not even that close to them, but it was a loss of two constants in my life.

I worried this morning a little when I read about the possible strikes, I am not travelling until September but I thought about it dragging on and impacting our holiday.

What I decided to do was apply something that I learnt in the work context and that is to only spend my mental energy on things that I can change. So I stopped worrying about there being a strike because I can't change that, but I did think a little bit about what I would do if there is one, and I realised that one way or the other, I will be able to get myself to Orlando. You will too and you will have a well deserved holiday.
Claudette is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
#26
Labboy
VIP Dibber
 
Join Date: Jan 19
You have had a simply appalling time so you are allowed to vent as much as you like. Will give you odds on the holiday will be fabulous, you deserve some good luck, enjoy it when it comes. If you like a drink get yourself a huge margarita when you get there.
Labboy is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
#27
Mrs-Weasley
Thread Starter
Very Serious Dibber
 
Mrs-Weasley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 18
Originally Posted by Minnie18 View Post
Sending hugs it sounds like you have had a hard time of it this year and are understandably fragile. Please try not to worry about what might or might not happen in August (easier said than done I know) hope you have lots of support around you.
Thnk you, I have a couple close friends and my babies who always keep me going.
Mrs-Weasley is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
#28
Mrs-Weasley
Thread Starter
Very Serious Dibber
 
Mrs-Weasley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 18
Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
Sorry to read you are feeling so bad. I lost both my parents within 18 months and it is tough and I was not even that close to them, but it was a loss of two constants in my life.

I worried this morning a little when I read about the possible strikes, I am not travelling until September but I thought about it dragging on and impacting our holiday.

What I decided to do was apply something that I learnt in the work context and that is to only spend my mental energy on things that I can change. So I stopped worrying about there being a strike because I can't change that, but I did think a little bit about what I would do if there is one, and I realised that one way or the other, I will be able to get myself to Orlando. You will too and you will have a well deserved holiday.
You are exactly right about not being able to change things, really trying to get into that mindset, thank you so much.
Mrs-Weasley is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
#29
Mrs-Weasley
Thread Starter
Very Serious Dibber
 
Mrs-Weasley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 18
Originally Posted by Labboy View Post
You have had a simply appalling time so you are allowed to vent as much as you like. Will give you odds on the holiday will be fabulous, you deserve some good luck, enjoy it when it comes. If you like a drink get yourself a huge margarita when you get there.
Thank you for your kind words I definitely will have a large margarita!
Mrs-Weasley is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
#30
Labboy
VIP Dibber
 
Join Date: Jan 19
Yaaassss Margaritas for Mrs Weasley and dont skimp on the tequila xx
Labboy is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin - Copyright © 2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Latest News
Posted in Airlines
On 3rd August 9:48am
The Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) has conducted a review into airline refund practices during the... Read More »
Posted in Disneyland Paris
On 1st August 1:13pm
With the new Ratatouille ride coming to EPCOT at Walt Disney World, Disney has released... Read More »
Posted in Walt Disney World
On 30th July 9:26am
Disney has not only been welcoming guests back to their theme parks, they have also... Read More »


theDIBB Menu


Exchange Rates
US Dollar Rates
ASDA  $1.2808
CaxtonFX  $1.2767
Covent Garden FX  $1.2884
FAIRFX  $1.2775
John Lewis  $1.2845
M&S  $1.2616
Post Office  $1.2595
Sainsburys  $1.2768
TESCO  $1.2782
Travelex  $1.2737
Updated: 17:30 11/08/2020
Euro Rates
ASDA  €1.0912
CaxtonFX  €1.0842
Covent Garden FX  €1.0993
FAIRFX  €1.0860
John Lewis  €1.0941
M&S  €1.0742
Post Office  €1.0728
Sainsburys  €1.0885
TESCO  €1.0901
Travelex  €1.0854
Updated: 17:30 11/08/2020

DIBB Premium Membership
Did you know you can help support theDIBB with Premium Membership?

Check out this link for more information and benefits, such as...

"No adverts on theDIBB Forums"

Upgrade Now