Notices

Old 18 Jun 19, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Abby, doesn't mind, this is a communal gathering place these days

After your experience at All Stars I am very surprised to hear that it was Neil that suggested onsite! Even more surprised that it was a moderate that he was interested in. I think CSR would be a solid choice for any future trip, all of their rooms have been refurbed, they are very sleek and cater for the convention crowd rather than Disney fans, so nothing like what you stayed in at ASM. They have a fab pool too and several different dining options if the food court doesn't tickle your fancy. The room would feel much bigger too now that the girls have flown the nest.

Back to things that are really happening instead of hypothetical, Route 66 sounds AMAZING. I too am eagerly awaiting that trip report. I have a dream of doing a coast-to-coast road trip from Disneyland to WDW taking in as many states as possible on the way, but I think that's one for retirement.

Abby your countdown is getting to the stage that it's so close that nerves kick in! I was wondering if Nicki's TR had you reconsidering Kennedy Space Center as a last minute change, didn't it look awesome?!

And, in a twist to the KFC fries tale, we launched mash today!
A budget hotel was never going to be on the cards, it had to be moderate or above. We did look at AKL, but in the end finances dictated, and he was happy that the CSR rooms looked like hotel rooms and not portacabins

I am ridiculously excited for R66, so hopefully it will all come together, and there would most definitely be a trip report. Your future coast to coast trip also sounds amazing Colette, that would be an incredible journey.

MASH - in KFC! Game changer - I imagine it's fab with the chicken and gravy - I do love KFC gravy

Abby, I hope you manage to convince Dave that WDW's 50th for his 50th is a great idea... good luck, you may need it

Colette, I hope you solve your All Star/AKL dilemma soon.

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 19, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
I feel like I've neglected the pre-trip report, so here goes with a few mini updates

Outfit planning

In the bleak, dark days between ADR day and FP day where there is not a lot to do but dream of the summer time and the countdown is in the 'taking forever' stages Kate and me put some considerable time into thinking about outfits and what we will be packing for the trip.

In the Easter holidays I made the kids sort through their summer things and discovered that as Max is now a giant nothing fits him anymore . I suppose that’s not really a surprise, but he needed some new shorts so a shopping trip was on the cards.

Before we went Kate and me made a list of what we already had. It turns out this was a bad, bad move as we didn't need anything

So, Kate has:
9 shorts
8 Disney t shirts
12 non Disney t shirts
5 playsuits

We decided she definitely didn’t need any more t shirts.

I have:
11 dresses (darn it )
6 shorts
12 t shirts

This is just the dresses.

It seems like there is no way I need any new dresses, unless of course, I spot the perfect dress that I can’t live without! Shopping was done and Max now has some more shorts that fit him and don't look like hotpants

This week Dave decided he would get a couple of bits of shopping, a black polo shirt (I’m sure he already has one) and some pants. There's not much more any of us need or want really, we have enough stuff. Apart from a few toiletries I don't think we need a shopping trip.

More Minnie Ears!

These are the last ones I'm making (this year ).

Mum had admired the rose gold ears, so I had to make a pair for her.

Then Kate had another skirt that I recycled this time it was a silver sparkle skirt with lots of silver sequins.

And finally, Princess Tiana and Rapunzel inspired ears. These are bit plain, but actually I quite like them

We now have lots of ears.

Linking MDE and picking magic bands

I asked Mum to set up the MDE account for her Dad. I talked her through it all and the account was all set up no problems. Then I got her to put the reference in to link the reservation. But, there was a problem here as it said this reservation had already been linked…I think this is my fault as I entered their code into my MDE as I wanted to check that it was all booked up when we got the reference through from Orlando Attractions. I knew I needed to phone WDW to get them to sort this out.

All I wanted was for Mum and Dad to do pick out a magic band colour, because of course I wanted to be in control of the FP selections.
When I finally got around to phoning WDW they were brilliant and managed to sort it out really quickly. I was able to make all the FP selections no problem (which you already know as I’ve already told you about that).

The sorting out the magic bands was fairly straight forward as I’d shown mum our stash of bands so she knew what all the colours were.

I've gone for pink this time, Kate has yellow and the boys were both a bit awkward as Max wanted blue (which he already has) and Dave wanted grey (which he already has) I think I picked green and blue for them!

Mum went for blue and Dad picked grey. Although, I think he is going to be a bit difficult about this , I’ve decided it will be like having another child.

Dad asked, “Do I have to wear it all the time?”
Me , “Yes Dad it’s your room key, your park ticket, you can pay for things with it as you can charge to your hotel room.” (I have already told him this)
He said, “I’m not sure I want to wear it the whole time.”
Me , “Ok then I’ll look after it for you.” (Not sure how long that will last as I’ll have to keep passing it to him every time we scan for a FP anyway we’ll see).

The Magic Starts Here

We have received our packs of luggage tags and the $200 gift voucher and little bits. This is of course ridiculously exciting as it makes everything feel real.

This all happened on Dave’s birthday which was earlier this week. When Mum and Dad popped over to see him in the evening we gave them their magic starts here pack so Dave’s birthday sort of was 2nd fiddle as the discussion turned to the holiday.

We talked a bit about packing. Dad said he’d already started. I was like “What?” he’s never on time for anything, let alone early are you feeling alright Dad? Mum explained that ‘packing’ meant he’d started sorting out T shirts and putting them on to the case. From what I can gather there is rather a mountain as Mum wasn’t certain that her stuff would fit.

We talked about not needing any long sleeves or long trousers. While I like to wear the summer dresses mostly it is casual and apart from a cardigan that I wear on the plane I don't normally bother taking it out for when it's chilly in restaurants as the air con is a welcome relief.

I offered to supervise their packing! I explained that I usually get Dave and the kids to get out everything they want to take and put it in piles on their beds. Then I tell them what to put away as they won’t need it and then pack the rest. This works brilliantly with the kids as they do what they’re told but less well with Dave . He said this year he is going to take less T shirts as he never seems to get round to wearing them all. So, we may have had a breakthrough there. I’m not entirely sure how well this went down with Mum and Dad. But I honestly meant it, I’m quite happy organising people and I love a bit of packing, so it wouldn’t be a chore.

Less than 4 weeks to go and Dave is getting excited

Dave came home today and said “I’m getting quite excited about it”.
I said “About what?” Thinking he meant the holiday but not 100% certain (plus it is all I'm thinking of)
Dave, “The holiday” Like that was obvious
So I said, “Which part?”
To which he said, “Don’t spoil it by making me explain.” And that was the end of that! So, I’ve no idea what he’s actually looking forward to, but at least with less than 4 weeks to go he’s feeling a bit of love for it all.

More little updates to come I think, it helps to wind the clock down . There have been some more eating around the world meals so I need to update those and of course the itinerary.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 19, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Mobile

Great ear selection, well done you! 😀 it is nice when the menfolk actually show some excitement or hint of interest - tonight I made do with 'so are we staying over at the airport the night before?' Yes dear. 'Is it Gatwick?' Yes dear. End of conversation 🤣🤣🤣 Our Ultrasun pack arrived today - it better last at that price 😂😂 should think about packing planning but got a few days in Barmouth at the start of 6 weeks holiday first - then I shall be getting those cases prepped! 👌 bet it's great to say you go this month 😊
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 19, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Thanks for the fab update Abby BUT ... us women NEVER have too many clothes! But then again, think that the less clothes you take the more room you have for shopping

I'm sure your dad will end up forgetting he has the magic band on ... either that or he'll get sick of asking you for it everytime he wants to buy/ride something

I seriously can't believe how close it is now ... almost 3 weeks, I feel like it's flown over but I bet you haven't.

Yay for Dave getting on board xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 19, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by GezzasGem View Post
Great ear selection, well done you! 😀 it is nice when the menfolk actually show some excitement or hint of interest - tonight I made do with 'so are we staying over at the airport the night before?' Yes dear. 'Is it Gatwick?' Yes dear. End of conversation 🤣🤣🤣 Our Ultrasun pack arrived today - it better last at that price 😂😂 should think about packing planning but got a few days in Barmouth at the start of 6 weeks holiday first - then I shall be getting those cases prepped! 👌 bet it's great to say you go this month 😊
That's hilarious, very similar to the level of interest Dave normally puts in this far out

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
Thanks for the fab update Abby BUT ... us women NEVER have too many clothes! But then again, think that the less clothes you take the more room you have for shopping

I'm sure your dad will end up forgetting he has the magic band on ... either that or he'll get sick of asking you for it everytime he wants to buy/ride something

I seriously can't believe how close it is now ... almost 3 weeks, I feel like it's flown over but I bet you haven't.

Yay for Dave getting on board xx
I've got my eye on one of those lovely pandora charms, I loved that cute one you picked up

Yes that's what I think too about Dad, either sick of asking for it or forget it's there. He was worried you couldn't take it off at all, so I said he could take it off at night I bet he ends up losing it .

I think the next few weeks are going to fly by with the manic end of year school stuff going on. Kate has a trip during the last week of term and Max is doing work experience that week so there is lots going on.

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 19, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

You make me feel so guilty with your lack of shopping. You are so very sensible and I am completely out of control. I am going to Edinburgh with my mum this week to see The Bodyguard and we’re going shopping before it, I think we’re going to the Sketchers shop in search of the sandals I’ve been after for months.

Why don’t you look into getting one of the MagicBand keepers for your dad? You can pick them up in the parks once you arrive, probably at the resort store too. He can clip it onto a bag if he’s bringing one, or his belt loops, or your mum could take charge of it for him (I am guessing this scenario is the most likely one?!).

I am so very excited at the size of your countdown. I can’t believe it’s almost here. It was our double digit day at the weekend and I am still in shock over it!
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 19, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
That's hilarious, very similar to the level of interest Dave normally puts in this far out

I've got my eye on one of those lovely pandora charms, I loved that cute one you picked up

Yes that's what I think too about Dad, either sick of asking for it or forget it's there. He was worried you couldn't take it off at all, so I said he could take it off at night I bet he ends up losing it .

I think the next few weeks are going to fly by with the manic end of year school stuff going on. Kate has a trip during the last week of term and Max is doing work experience that week so there is lots going on.
Well he wouldn't be the first or the last now would he just look at my last 2 trips

Definitely sounds like your all so busy, but that makes the days go so much quicker doesn't it! X

You make me feel so guilty with your lack of shopping. You are so very sensible and I am completely out of control. I am going to Edinburgh with my mum this week to see The Bodyguard and we’re going shopping before it, I think we’re going to the Sketchers shop in search of the sandals I’ve been after for months.

Why don’t you look into getting one of the MagicBand keepers for your dad? You can pick them up in the parks once you arrive, probably at the resort store too. He can clip it onto a bag if he’s bringing one, or his belt loops, or your mum could take charge of it for him (I am guessing this scenario is the most likely one?!).

I am so very excited at the size of your countdown. I can’t believe it’s almost here. It was our double digit day at the weekend and I am still in shock over it!
I love this idea! I think I've seen them before ... I want one for next time xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 19, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Gosh, only 11 dresses Abby, you need to get some more 🤣. Seriously, it seems as though you are all very organised, especially your dad. I’m looking forward to reading about how he copes with the magic band, I think it will be fun reading but maybe not so much fun for you monitoring it all.

Fab ears, these padded ones are so nice and it’s a great idea recycling old clothes to make sparkly ones.

Looking forward to reading about your eating around the world nights, it’s such a lovely way of getting everyone involved in the holiday.

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 19, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews

I'm probably too sensible for my own good, my main vice is Disney holidays so that's a pretty good one and honestly I'm not a big shopper.

I love those key fob style magic band holders. Like Kelly I really don't think I've seen them before. They are a great idea and he might like that. Thanks Colette. I'll have to keep an eye out for them.

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
Well he wouldn't be the first or the last now would he just look at my last 2 trips

Definitely sounds like your all so busy, but that makes the days go so much quicker doesn't it! X

I love this idea! I think I've seen them before ... I want one for next time xx
Yes we've lost a fair few of them. Although we've been lucky enough to find them, or they were handed in at the resort and we got them back. The first time the kids lost one in the pool at CBR they were searching the bottom of the pool for ages. I thought they were just having fun diving to the bottom

Old 3 Jul 19, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
Gosh, only 11 dresses Abby, you need to get some more 🤣. Seriously, it seems as though you are all very organised, especially your dad. I’m looking forward to reading about how he copes with the magic band, I think it will be fun reading but maybe not so much fun for you monitoring it all.

Fab ears, these padded ones are so nice and it’s a great idea recycling old clothes to make sparkly ones.

Looking forward to reading about your eating around the world nights, it’s such a lovely way of getting everyone involved in the holiday.
Ha ha well at least i can get into all the dresses now! The eating around the world has not helped on that score!

I'm wondering if I should start a thread on the dibb about tips and what to do if you're taking an OAP! Lots of people post threads asking for tips for toddlers I'm starting to think about reading all those for ideas