Notices

Old 8 Jul 19, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Buggles94
VIP Dibber

Buggles94's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
Wow Abby - have just caught up on your PTR - it's so close now isn't it! Love the Eating Around the World and all the ears and especially love that you have already booked for next year! I always need another trip planned before I leave WDW and have been known to book whilst over there Really looking forward to the TR and am sure your parents will want to go again. My Mum keeps saying it is her last Disney trip then as soon as I make plans she drops very large hints about joining us again
Have an absolutely wonderful time!
Buggles94 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 19, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by Buggles94 View Post
Wow Abby - have just caught up on your PTR - it's so close now isn't it! Love the Eating Around the World and all the ears and especially love that you have already booked for next year! I always need another trip planned before I leave WDW and have been known to book whilst over there Really looking forward to the TR and am sure your parents will want to go again. My Mum keeps saying it is her last Disney trip then as soon as I make plans she drops very large hints about joining us again
Have an absolutely wonderful time!
It's really close now, less than three weeks and we will be there

The eating around the world meals have been fun. I've got a few more to post, we are going to have the last one next week so I'll save all the others for posting then.

Knowing you are going back helps with the not feeling like you have to cram every single thing in...although of course this year we will want to show Mum and Dad everything and I'm pretty sure their once in a lifetime trip will really be a one off. I'll keep my fingers crossed that they end up like your mum

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 19, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Planning Update

Right, it's now less than three weeks to go excitement is at an all time high and I decided it was time for you all to see how mental I really am with the planning and organising malarkey if you are someone who likes to wing it or a fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants-type-dibber then you may want to look away now as you are going to see some serious planning in the next few paragraphs and there will be photos

Seriously, you were warned

I really like to watch the you tube packing vlogs and I also really quite like it when they talk through their plans and show their folders etc so here goes.

I take this A4 document wallet with me when we go on holiday. It has about 30 plastic wallets so I can slot all the essential stuff in here.

First off there's a cover page

Then the contents page

I made my own tabs with little post it notes.

Obviously I'm not going to post the copies of the passports etc or the sections that have all the ticket print outs for universal and discovery cove.

So, skipping on to page 11 which is the park hours. Specially colour coded with pink being EEH and yellow being EMH. Plus I've got a column at the end for the extra special ticketed events so we can avoid those as the parks will be busier. All I have to hope is that WDW don't change the park hours

Next up, page 12, is the busy day guide and the crowd levels from previous years. This along with the EMH is how I decide what parks to do on what days. Green colour coded is the lowest crowd level for that park over the time we are there. Orange is the highest crowd level so best avoided.

Then I put all our plans into a spreadsheet

Now, Dave, Max and Kate aren't really that fussed about the planning. They are happy for me to sort it all out and they don't need to know in advance what is going on, well not really. Kate likes to make sure she has the right clothes for the right day...so if we are going to be meeting Mickey at a buffet she will wear a Mickey T shirt etc. So at the weekend we went through the itinerary and she decided what clothes she was going to wear each day.

Can you see the little post it notes on top of each selection?

Then we wrote it all down so that we wouldn't forget I did say that it didn't really matter if she wore Monday's clothes on Wednesday or whatever but she was not impressed at that

Because I felt like all that may be a bit much for the average non obsessive Orlando visitor I tried to summarise it all in a helpful plan for Mum and Dad . They like to do cruises to lots of different ports and so I figured they are used to getting a trip itinerary for that and I tried to mimic it. I think it went down ok if it didn't then they were polite enough to not tell me and are just going to do what their tour guide tells them.

So, below is summarised Mum and Dad version of the itinerary.

Orlando 2019

Monday 29th July 2019 – Pre Travel Day

After 11.15am do online check in for flight. We can add more hold luggage bags if we need to, this will be cheaper to do today than at the airport. Afternoon travel to airport hotel Copthorne Effingham. Dinner in the hotel.

Tuesday 30th July 2019 – Travel Day

Get to Gatwick by 8am, drop off cases, go through security, get breakfast! Flight at 11.15am BA2037. Arrive at Orlando airport 3.35pm. Get Disney Magical Express to resort hotel Port Orleans French Quarter. Should arrive at the hotel about 5.30pm. Dinner at the hotel, perhaps a swim in the pool to try to keep us awake a little bit and not go to bed too early.

Wednesday 31st July 2019

Magic Kingdom Fairy tale dreams come true for children of all ages at Magic Kingdom Park. Delight in classic attractions, enchanting fireworks, musical parades and beloved Disney Characters across six whimsical lands. See fantasy become a reality, zoom through space, become a swashbuckling pirate and watch fireworks light up over Cinderella Castle.

Early start to catch bus at 8am to Magic Kingdom. Rides in Frontierland. Watch the Monster’s Inc. Laugh Floor show. Watch the Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade.

Breakfast at Be Our Guest – Magic Kingdom Step inside the Beast’s enchanted castle for a delicious quick service breakfast. Dine in palatial splendour and feast on French-inspired fare in elaborately themed rooms.

Lunch at Tony’s Town Square – Magic Kingdom Italian pasta and pizza in the classic restaurant featured in The Lady and the Tramp.

Rest break in the afternoon at our resort. Catch the boat to Disney Springs in the evening.

Dinner at The Polite Pig and dessert at Ghiradelli Ice Cream and Chocolate Shop – Disney Springs The Polite Pig offers American BBQ, salads and vegetable sides. Ghiradelli the world-famous chocolatier delivers decadent sundaes smothered with fudge as well as chocolate treats.

Thursday 1st August 2019

Epcot Explore Future World which features technological innovations.

Early start catch bus at 7.30am to Epcot. Rides in Future World.

Breakfast at Garden Grill – The Land Pavilion at Epcot Character Dining with Farmer Mickey and friends. A revolving restaurant taking in the Living with the Land attraction.

Rest break in the afternoon at our resort. Catch the bus to Hollywood Studio’s in the evening.

Hollywood Studio’s Movie magic comes to life at Hollywood Studio’s.

Watch Fantasmic! fireworks show. Cheer on Sorcerer Mickey as he battles Disney Villains in an awe-inspiring spectacle of fire, water, music and light.

Friday 2nd August 2019

Magic Kingdom Early start catch bus at 7.30am to Magic Kingdom. Rides in Fantasyland. Watch Mickey’s PhilharMagic show. Watch Enchanted Tales with Belle show.

Rest break in the afternoon at our resort. Catch the bus to Magic Kingdom in the evening.

Dinner at The Crystal Palace – Magic Kingdom Character Dining with Winnie the Pooh and friends. Buffet of salads, soups, carvery meats and fish, vegetables, desserts and ice cream station.

Saturday 3rd August 2019

Discovery Cove Early start to get a taxi/uber at 7.30am to Discovery Cove. A relaxing day swimming, snorkelling. Breakfast, lunch and snacks provided, buffet style restaurant. Stay all day and return to our resort in the afternoon.

See how we feel in the evening – could go to Animal Kingdom to watch the Rivers of Light evening show on the lagoon. If we are tired we can stay at the hotel.

Sunday 4th August 2019

Hollywood Studio’s Early start catch bus at 7.30am to Hollywood Studio’s. Rides in Toy Story Land. Watch the Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular show. Watch the Beauty and the Beast Live on Stage show.

Rest break in the afternoon at our resort. Catch the bus to Magic Kingdom in the evening.

Dinner at Cinderella’s Royal Table – Magic Kingdom Character Dining with Cinderella and her Princess friends inside the iconic Cinderella Castle. Fine dining with views of the Magic Kingdom.

Monday 5th August 2019

Animal Kingdom Encounter exotic animals and exciting adventures at one of the largest animal theme parks in the world. Home to more than 2,000 animals, explore seven enthralling lands: Oasis, Discovery Island, Africa, Rafiki’s Planet Watch, Asia, Dinoland USA and Pandora – the World of Avatar.

Early start catch bus at 7.30am to Animal Kingdom. Rides in Pandora, Dinoland and Asia. Watch Festival of the Lion King show. Watch It’s Tough to be a Bug! Show.

Rest break in the afternoon at our resort.

Afternoon snack at Beaches and Cream Soda Shop – Disney’s Beach Club Resort Classic American soda fountain sundaes and shakes ‘Kitchen Sink’ challenge.

Dinner at Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue – Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort Old-fashioned dinner show including hand-clappin’, knee-slappin’ music and comedy combined with an all-American, family-style dinner of fried chicken, ribs, mashed potato, corn and beans.

Tuesday 6th August 2019

Typhoon Lagoon After an epic typhoon hurled surfboards into palm trees and tossed boats like toys, Mount Mayday became a topsy-turvy oasis of water-filled adventure. Plunge down rushing rapids, sunbathe on the sandy beach and glide down the lazy river on a relaxing raft ride.

No need for an early start. Have a lie in. Catch the bus at 9.30am to Typhoon Lagoon.

Animal Kingdom in the evening. Experience Animal Kingdom after dark. Watch the Rivers of Light show if we didn’t see it on Saturday.

Wednesday 7th August 2019

Hollywood Studio’s

No need for an early start. Watch For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration. Watch MuppetVision 3D show.

Dinner at Narcoossee – Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort Fine dining in Disney’s flagship resort hotel. American steak and seafood.

Thursday 8th August 2019

Blizzard Beach Discover frosty fun for the whole family at Disney’s Blizzard Beach Water Park, a one-time ski resort that has melted into a watery wonderland. Zip down the slushy slopes of Mount Gushmore on one of the world’s tallest and fastest waterslides. Float down the tranquil river and sunbathe on the white-sand beach.

No need for an early start. Have a lie in. Catch the bus at 9.30am to Blizzard Beach.

Epcot in the evening. Watch the Illuminations: Reflections of Earth Fireworks show.

Dinner at Biergarten - Epcot A buffet inspired by German traditional meats and salads, strudels and beer.

Friday 9th August 2019

A lazy day. Pool in the morning at the resort. Head to Disney Springs in the boat for some lunch and then back to the resorts for more pool time.

Hollywood Studios In the evening head over to Hollywood Studios to catch any shows previously missed and then watch the Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge Firework show.

Saturday 10th August 2019

Animal Kingdom Early start catch bus at 7.30am to Animal Kingdom. Rides in Pandora, Dinoland and Asia. Watch the Finding Nemo show and Up Birds Show.

Dinner at Storybook Dining – Disney’s Wilderness Lodge Resort Character dining with Snow White, the Evil Queen along with some of the dwarfs.

Sunday 11th August 2019

Magic Kingdom No need for an early start. Head to Magic Kingdom. Go over to Tom Sawyers Island, watch the muppets show, watch Mickey’s Friendship Faire.

Dinner at California Grill – Disney’s Contemporary Resort Fine dining at the top of the World. Panoramic views of the shimmering lagoon, Floridian woodland and Cinderella Castle. American steak and seafood with a viewing platform for the Happily Ever After fireworks display.

Monday 12th August 2019

A lazy day. Pool in the morning at the resort. Head to Disney Springs in the boat for some lunch and then back to the resorts for more pool time.

Epcot in the late afternoon. Wander around World Showcase taking in the countries. Can go earlier in the day if we feel we have missed out stuff.

Dinner at Chef’s de France - Epcot Enjoy a view over the World Showcase Lagoon. Typical French food in a bistro restaurant.

Watch Illuminations for the last time.

Tuesday 13th August 2019

Check out of Port Orleans French Quarter and go to Royal Pacific Resort at Universal Orlando. Check in to the new hotel and leave luggage, collect front of line passes.

Universal Studios Go to Diagon Alley to enjoy the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.

Should be able to get into room from 3pm. Rest break in the afternoon at our resort.

Islands of Adventure in the evening. Go to Hogsmeade and see the projection show on the castle.

Wednesday 14th August 2019

Go to an IHOP/Denny's for breakfast.

Islands of Adventure and try out the Bilge Rat Barges and Jurassic Park Adventure water rides, leave this until we are ready to head back to the hotel as we will get soaked.

Early dinner at a steakhouse…Outback or Longhorn’s.

Universal Studio’s in the evening and watch the movie magic fireworks show.

Thursday 15th August 2019

Check out of the hotel, leave luggage. If we haven’t done the Hogwarts Express train ride make sure we do it this morning.

Lunch at citywalk, lots of options. Cowfish (steak, burgers and sushi), Antojito’s (Mexican) Margaritaville (BBQ kebabs), Chocolate Emporium.

Collect luggage and leave hotel by 4.30pm to get to the airport.

Flight at 19.55 BA2038

Friday 16th August 2019

Flight arrives at 09.20 Gatwick.

There we are. A masterpiece of planning! As you can see I didn't put in all the fast passes as I kind of thought that would feel too much like a military operation for them. Plus it was already 3 sides of A4 .

Come on countdown, we want to get started

Next update will likely be the final Eating Around the World photos. We had a lovely BBQ for Mum's birthday which was combined with a 4th July USA celebration. I made a Mickey shaped meringue...photos to be included in the next update.

Bye for now

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 19, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Omg that is epic planning! 😂👏👏 I thought I was bad with my dibb vacation planner.

It all looks well laid out with plenty of rest afternoons.

Your itinerary is a thing off beauty 😀 You should do it for a living. 👍🏼

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 19, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

Looks great. Apart from the folder with the tabs and pockets we are cut from the same planning cloth!
Ds and I pack in daily outfits too, so much easier when you are here than having to decide what to wear.
Your plans look great.
Old 9 Jul 19, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Buggles94
VIP Dibber

Buggles94's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
I was about to say the same thing - you should do this as a job! I thought I was organised and a planner but WOW this is brilliant. Would love to be presented with one of these at the start of my holiday!
Buggles94 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 19, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
Omg that is epic planning! 😂👏👏 I thought I was bad with my dibb vacation planner.

It all looks well laid out with plenty of rest afternoons.

Your itinerary is a thing off beauty 😀 You should do it for a living. 👍🏼

Kat
I have tried to not pack in too much stuff. The evening meal at a resort will mean we don't do so many evenings in the parks, which is a shame as they are fun in the dark. But I think the more relaxed evenings will help with the early starts. If it were just the 4 of us then I'd probably force them to go the parks after dinner. But this year is going to be all about enjoying and not cramming (we'll see if it turns out like that )

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
Looks great. Apart from the folder with the tabs and pockets we are cut from the same planning cloth!
Ds and I pack in daily outfits too, so much easier when you are here than having to decide what to wear.
Your plans look great.
You should be having fun and not reading pre trips where the rest of us are dreaming about having fun

The outfit planning is a real time saver. Would you think I was a bit odd if I said that on a Sunday I plan what I'm wearing for the week ahead at work oh for a uniform it would take all the time from having to make a decision out of the equation!

I really hope you're having a blast it sure seems like you're enjoying yourselves. Have you eaten any beignets yet? I'm sure you'll post soon. I'm really looking forward to trying them.

Originally Posted by Buggles94 View Post
I was about to say the same thing - you should do this as a job! I thought I was organised and a planner but WOW this is brilliant. Would love to be presented with one of these at the start of my holiday!
You guys I'd love to do holiday planning as a job... making people's dreams come true... that would be awesome. I wonder if it was a job and not for fun then would it be so enjoyable?

Although I do love my job and fortunately it pays well enough for WDW holidays so it's all good. Planning is one of my best things! Some would say that's not always a good thing

Old 9 Jul 19, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

No beignets yet.

Yes we are having a great time, your post came up on my active threads when we were on the bus back from MK.
No you are not odd at all. I often do the same. xx
Old 9 Jul 19, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
No beignets yet.

Yes we are having a great time, your post came up on my active threads when we were on the bus back from MK.
No you are not odd at all. I often do the same. xx
I'm looking forward to the beignets

It does sound like we are peas in a pod with the outfit planning anyway.

Xx

Old 9 Jul 19, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

I have a plastic folder but it’s perhaps not quite that organised
I do make an outfit list and will co-ordinate it to certain parks but as it’s just Universal there will not be as much need to think about which top goes best with which park as we are terrible for crisscrossing back and forward
I like the cruise style itinerary for the parents I’m sure they will just follow along nicely with their very organised tour guide!
Looking forward to the food photos...
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List