Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 15 Jul 19, 07:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Elsa42
Apprentice Imagineer

Elsa42's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Halloween horror nights!

Hey everyone

Looking into Halloween horror nights for next year. We will only be getting one night tickets and know that we can’t get everything done! Wondered what your best advise would be to do as much as possible. We will have day tickets so read we should go before the parks close to get into the first house early? Not interested in watching the shows or riding rides main focus will be the houses! How’s many have you got done in a night? I’ve read about 5! Will it help getting in the park before it opens and staying the full hours? What are the wait times like? Will be looking start of it in September
Elsa42 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Every time we go we are already in the park so have a Universal Studio ticket as well as HHN
We go to a holding bay at 4pm for about an hour & a half, then just before 6 we are allowed to go & head to the most popular house first, no queue then the next house literally still no queue 🙌🙌
This is a great way to see loads before the hoads come in, we usually aim to do 4 houses then leave before 10pm, only thing getting in early it’s still light so not as scary till later.

We get a Frequent Fear ticket, so can go numerous times, though this year we have a Buy one day get one free, as this we be enough hopefully as they have 10 houses now I think

Good luck with your planing we have been lots of times & love HHN ❤️🇺🇸
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
JoanicSicos
Getting Excited

Did it in 2015 -

Same as Claire - We made sure we were in the park before closing and got ushered to a holding area and released early. We also however had a fast passes for the night, so we were able to hit every house (and do Bill and Teds :sad before leaving, but it was a late night - think we left about 1ish.

The second night we did it, again we were in early, no fast passes this time for the first part of the evening and managed to do 3 or 4 houses - After 10pm they sold the fast passes at half price so we picked them up and managed to get through the rest.
JoanicSicos is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Johngela13
Trainee Dibber

Hi

The busiest house is likely to be Stranger Things, if last year is anything to go by. The queue for this eats into your time, even if you are in the holding pen (unless you are are one of the first into the pen). We waited an hour even though we were in the first half of the pen.

The first time we went however, we took the advice to avoid Stranger Things and start at the back of the park - doing this we managed 6 houses in the first 2 hours, although we did queue for 1 hr 40 mins for the 6th one as it had become busier by that point and we had lost the advantage of being at the back of the park.

My advice, therefore, would be to work out how important Stranger Things house is to you. The 'original'houses (i.e. those not tied to famous movies) are much quieter and, imho, just as good - make sure you read the back stories that Universal releases for them. In fact, it was one of the original houses (zombie based) that made me squeal most last year lol.

Enjoy
Johngela13 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Or aim to do Stranger Things one night first, then a few houses, so then on the other night you can get loads done
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
LunaNyteskye
Apprentice Imagineer

Is your one night only down to budget or time constraints?

If it's time, then maybe invest in Express passes, or if budget allows, the RIP tour. With the tour you would be guaranteed to get everything done.

If it's budget, then I would recommend the buy one night get one free offer and go a second night.

October 2009 Sequoia Lodge Disneyland Paris;
October 2011 Kissimmee Villa;
October 2013 Port Orleans Riverside WDW;
November 2015 Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa;
November 2016 Hotel Santa Fe Disneyland Paris;
October 2019 Animal Kingdom Lodge WDW, DIBB Villa, Hard Rock Hotel & Grand Floridian WDW
LunaNyteskye is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
leanne1302
Proud to wear my Ears

We got the buy one night get one night free so plan on getting as many houses as we can done in the first night and then complete the rest of houses and any shows/scarezones done the 2nd night. We have Universal tickets so can do Stay & Scream beforehand.
leanne1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
lottie89
Imagineer

We got express passes last time (2016) and they were worth every penny. We did every house, Bill & Ted, and every open ride, and still had plenty of time for wandering around and taking it in.

We’ve just bought them again for this year. Not cheap but a worthwhile investment if you only have one night, IMO.
lottie89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 19, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Elsa42
Apprentice Imagineer

Elsa42's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Perfect thank you to everyone for replying that’s helped slightly with how we need to plan this evening! The reason for one night was mainly budget and my partner being more into the evening than I am! I went onto universal website for tickets and was no sign of the buy one get one night free so assuming I need to look elsewhere for these
Elsa42 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 19, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
sparklegirl
VIP Dibber

attraction-tickets-direct/node/685

This is where I saw them recently. Am sure other sellers are doing similar deals too :-)

orlandoattractiontickets...SAAEgIbMfD_BwE

Edited to add a second seller
sparklegirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List