Notices
Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Theme Parks Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 5 Feb 19, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post
AntonyJ
VIP Dibber

Wi-Fi Rental in Shibuya

not quite the question you might have expected given the title

Our hotel is part of the Shibuya station and comes with a free mobile phone with data, that we hope will work for us to use Google maps around the city.

On the chance it is NOT what we think it is, am trying to find if there is a wifi / mifi rental place in Shibuya station itself, well actually trying to find a listing of all shops within the station but coming up blank.

Anyone seen anything?
AntonyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 19, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
MissVincent
Imagineer

Mobile

What hotel are you staying at? Neat all hotels have the same thing which does have mobile data and is totally suitable for Google maps. Our hotel had one so we didn't need to rent our own
MissVincent is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 19, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

most wifi rental will deliver to your hotel. We havent finalised the company we will be using, but the front runner so far is this japan-experience/rent-pocket-wifi-japan and they say they will deliver to hotel.
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 19, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Wordsworth
Very Serious Dibber

We have used a company that delivers to our hotel and both times the equipment was waiting for us at reception - they give you an envelope to post it back and there’s a mailbox at the airport. We used pupuruwifi

We have always had hotel WiFi and the first time we went we ordered an extra power pack in case we used it a lot, but we never needed it.

Edited at 09:19 PM.
Wordsworth is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 19, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
scarling10
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Ive booked a wifi device that im picking up from the airport upon arrival next week =) then just post it back to an address at the end of the holiday
scarling10 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 19, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
AntonyJ
VIP Dibber

Thanks to everyone who took time to reply - perhaps I should have been clearer.

Yes, I know I can rent them at places like the airport etc - and even have delivered to hotel, but I hope not to need one due to this smart phone being in the room i can take out.

If it turns out not to be as useful as hoped, are their places near the station I can rent one does any know?

I suppose could rent one and have to delivered as someone said above, but just wondering if anywhere in station I could walk upto and rent.
AntonyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 19, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

Id be surprised if local electronics stores wont let you rent one. A quick google search pulled these companies who will deliver, have one waiting or you can pop into their store: Shibuya anyfi.jp/shop_en/ or another in Akihabara (if you are out and about already) en.wifi-rental-store.jp/
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List