Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 6 Jun 19, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
hexagon
VIP Dibber

hexagon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Border Terriers update 4 named

Hi,

I have decided I’d like to get a border terrier, ideally a puppy. I just wondered if anyone has any advice re border terriers, like what I should look out for and that of thing. I have a dog already. I’m not looking for a particular sex, just a happy healthy puppy. If anyone has any recommendations for breeders too I’d greatly appreciate it.

Thank you.

Edited at 02:44 PM.
hexagon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 19, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I just think the are gorgeous, I would love one if I got another dog x
Old 6 Jun 19, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
This is the one terrier I do like sorry no advice but I think they are characterful dogs
Champ Dogs is a good starting point
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 19, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Wonder
Imagineer

We have had a Border in the past and they are great dogs- make lovely companions and if you strip them (which you can do with a normal table knife) they tend not to moult too much.
Old 6 Jun 19, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
shepherdypie
VIP Dibber

We have two border terriers and indeed have had two litters! They are just beautiful dogs - very loving. Very very cute puppies.

My two are quite different but both adorable. Lottie is in charge! She follows me everywhere - even sits at the side of the bath when I'm in. Roary is so horizontal its unreal! He has no care in the world!

We got ours off Champ Dogs and indeed sold our litters on there! Fab site.

We have them stripped. At first this was twice a year but now around 4 times a year. We try and keep on top of them in between. The groomer has said the eldest might be better shaving now as their fur changes.

They have been my favourite breed for so long. I think they can look quite scruffy - which I like. We named Roary after the local Tramp!
Old 6 Jun 19, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
hexagon
VIP Dibber

hexagon's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Thanks guys. I’m even more excited, I’m like a kid in a sweetie shop. I’ve emailed a few breeders, so we shall see.
hexagon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 19, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
We have two dogs our border terrier Cross champ and our lurcher Rodger. Champs fantastic but he's getting old now he's 13 actually today, he had a major operation a few months ago and it's given him a new lease of life, up until that he'd been no trouble medically, he had colitis as a pup but its never been an issue since. He is a creature of habit loves his early morning walk each day with his dad, likes to bark at cats and tell our lurcher off, he tolerates the pup but the pup knows who's the boss even though Rodger is head and shoulders above champ lol, champ had us to himself for nearly 12 years it's taken a while for him to learn to share us with the pup. He is a lovely old thing, likes to shred a dog toy or three and stick his head down a rabbit hole.

Champs crossed with a Jack Russell, he has more a look of a jack but has the colouring and wirey coat of a border, his temperament is more border than Jack Russell. Also the lump on his back in the first pic is the operation he had a few months back to remove it... Luckily it was just a fatty lump and not a tumour

Edited at 12:41 PM.
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 19, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
hexagon
VIP Dibber

hexagon's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
I need to think of names too. So much to think of. My parents had a border terrier cross when I was little, and apparently it was a lovely little dog. So my dad kinda encouraged me in that direction and I think it’s a really good idea.
Old 6 Jun 19, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
hexagon
VIP Dibber

hexagon's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Megandllsmum View Post
We have two dogs our border terrier Cross champ and our lurcher Rodger. Champs fantastic but he's getting old now he's 13 actually today, he had a major operation a few months ago and it's given him a new lease of life, up until that he'd been no trouble medically, he had colitis as a pup but its never been an issue since. He is a creature of habit loves his early morning walk each day with his dad, likes to bark at cats and tell our lurcher off, he tolerates the pup but the pup knows who's the boss even though Rodger is head and shoulders above champ lol, champ had us to himself for nearly 12 years it's taken a while for him to learn to share us with the pup. He is a lovely old thing, likes to shred a dog toy or three and stick his head down a rabbit hole.
Happy birthday champ. My current dog is 12 in 10 days, you’d never know it though lol. I want to get him a little friend hehe.
Old 6 Jun 19, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by hexagon View Post
Happy birthday champ. My current dog is 12 in 10 days, you’d never know it though lol. I want to get him a little friend hehe.
Our lurcher loves champ but the love isn't shared, he does tolerate him but when he gets giddy he keeps him in check and barks at him to tell him off lol, they lay together now, a while bsck we didn't think that would happen, the bond is getting stronger, this is them right now, walkies tired them out

Excuse state of the couch, we have to cover it in throws but they bunch it up to make it more comfy lol
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List