Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 18 Jun 19, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
AhoyShipmates
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by tinkerbelll View Post
What is classed as a disability?
It will surely have to include hidden disabilities too.
AhoyShipmates is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 19, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Mobile

Originally Posted by tinkerbelll View Post
What is classed as a disability?
Guests with a red temporary Florida disabled tag or blue badge probably.
BarryandCaron is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 19, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
So those who are maybe on a stricter budget and stay in a Value get a bigger increase.

So my argument is true. Disney only wants big spenders. If you want to do Disney on a budget they don't want you. Disgraceful.
I'm not sure I see your case at all.

Those in value resorts are paying 60% of what those in deluxe resorts are paying for exactly the same thing: parking a car in the same-sized space on a piece of tarmac.

There's not actually any good reason why they are paying any less at all. A coke, a bottle of water and a burger cost the same in a shop in a deluxe resort as in a value resort.

As such, you could equally argue that those in Deluxe resorts are subsidising the parking for those in value resorts.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 19, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
It’s cheaper than the parking prices at the Universal hotels, yet nobody ever seems to have issues with them - only Disney are criticised for making profits out of their assets.

Duchess Adventures! - Trip report index
Melanie R is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 19, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Originally Posted by Melanie R View Post
It’s cheaper than the parking prices at the Universal hotels, yet nobody ever seems to have issues with them - only Disney are criticised for making profits out of their assets.
Universal don't HATE POOR PEOPLE (who spend many thousands of pounds on a holiday).

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 19, 06:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
I'm not sure I see your case at all.

Those in value resorts are paying 60% of what those in deluxe resorts are paying for exactly the same thing: parking a car in the same-sized space on a piece of tarmac.

There's not actually any good reason why they are paying any less at all. A coke, a bottle of water and a burger cost the same in a shop in a deluxe resort as in a value resort.

As such, you could equally argue that those in Deluxe resorts are subsidising the parking for those in value resorts.
There is no subsidising going on at all. Tarmac costs the same per sq yard be it in the All Stars or the Grand Floridian. Plus the car parks were always free to use.

Thus Disney made a decision to charge purely to increase their income stream. The accountants will have set the figure based on their research but have now decided that they can squeeze a bit more from those having the temerity to stay at a Value.

All of this could have been avoided if they had copied industry wide policy and either labeled it a resort fee to include WiFi etc etc or just increased the room rates.

I am constantly amazed that one of the most successful industry leads makes financial decisions that are ill thought out or if properly thought out are launched on the public in a way that creates a backlash.

Personally if I was in charge of Resorts and was instructed to increase income by X% I would have just increased the room costs. I suspect bearing in mind how many people don't have a car that $2 a night per room would generate the same income and everybody would have just assumed it was part of the annual increase.

For those who support Disney in making profit out of their assets how would they feel if they were using the Magical Express and a charge was implemented that was $15 each to be taken to a Value, $20 to a Moderate and $25 to a Deluxe.
Where is the fairness in that? Surely we are all using the same bus to the same place.

Hey ho it will only affect me for the 1st night per visit. But I do like to see a level playing field for all and month on month I am seeing people being priced out.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 19, 07:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
There is no subsidising going on at all. Tarmac costs the same per sq yard be it in the All Stars or the Grand Floridian. Plus the car parks were always free to use.

Thus Disney made a decision to charge purely to increase their income stream. The accountants will have set the figure based on their research but have now decided that they can squeeze a bit more from those having the temerity to stay at a Value.

All of this could have been avoided if they had copied industry wide policy and either labeled it a resort fee to include WiFi etc etc or just increased the room rates.

I am constantly amazed that one of the most successful industry leads makes financial decisions that are ill thought out or if properly thought out are launched on the public in a way that creates a backlash.

Personally if I was in charge of Resorts and was instructed to increase income by X% I would have just increased the room costs. I suspect bearing in mind how many people don't have a car that $2 a night per room would generate the same income and everybody would have just assumed it was part of the annual increase.

For those who support Disney in making profit out of their assets how would they feel if they were using the Magical Express and a charge was implemented that was $15 each to be taken to a Value, $20 to a Moderate and $25 to a Deluxe.
Where is the fairness in that? Surely we are all using the same bus to the same place.

Hey ho it will only affect me for the 1st night per visit. But I do like to see a level playing field for all and month on month I am seeing people being priced out.
A worthy rant, although I'm not entirely sure who it is aimed at.

I'm not passing comment, support or otherwise, on the imposition of parking charges in the first place.

I'm merely suggesting that there is no logical reason why an overnight guest parking fee at a value resort should be any less than the fee at a deluxe resort, and that there is an alternative view to yours that Disney are hating on the poor folk.

Part One
Part Two
Old 19 Jun 19, 07:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
A worthy rant, although I'm not entirely sure who it is aimed at.

I'm not passing comment, support or otherwise, on the imposition of parking charges in the first place.

I'm merely suggesting that there is no logical reason why an overnight guest parking fee at a value resort should be any less than the fee at a deluxe resort, and that there is an alternative view to yours that Disney are hating on the poor folk.
Not to worry certainly not aimed at you or anybody else.

My concern as always is about fairness and parity. It's unfair to treat people differently for parking. An across the board flat fee would have been fair in my opinion albeit why after circa 48 years they felt it was necessary is beyond me.

Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 19, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
lovewdw
Apprentice Imagineer

Some good points Tom, however I'm sure room rates will/have been increased by more than $2 as well.
lovewdw is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 19, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by lovewdw View Post
Some good points Tom, however I'm sure room rates will/have been increased by more than $2 as well.
Probably more like $20!

We need a spreadsheet to monitor $ increases year on year.

I see they have just put up the cost of the plastic bags they introduced in April/May by $1 each. Selling well so hike the price.