Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 19 Jun 19, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

Mobile

They have to pay for star wars some how 🙄
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 19, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

You should see the prices the values have gone up to in US last few days, Pop is now often over $200 a night. These haven't filtered through to UK dining plan deals yet, but likely will for 2021. Added onto now $15 a night parking, it's not quite so value now.
I think they haven't called it resort fee as they want to discourage car use, $15 is good income, and clearly an income stream but also on another level it's about keeping onsite is better. Margin on their food is astronomical.
Plus resort fee is probably coming as well, so they can introduce that later.
Our DVC is looking ever the best choice. For not much off Pop prices now, I can stay in a 1 bed suite at Beach Club with no parking fees.

Edited at 09:10 AM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 19, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

Can I please ask, where it says per night, does that mean it covers both days? We have one night at AoA do we just pay the $13 for the night and covered arriving and departure day?
dreamadream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 19, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
scojos
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Next step will be to ban food being taken into parks so onsite dining is necc.
We re offsite for first time in a decade as couldnt justify the cost for 2 adults with kids (nearly adults last trip) it was fab free ddp.
And ref USF hotels charging overnight thry re alot closer (no buses just a walk) and the cost is cheaper than 2 days in parking lot...
scojos is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 19, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Gilly120
Imagineer

Looks like they are also going to start charging for popular fast pass rides. This is from the Orlando weekly so am not sure true it is.

The rumoured WDW paid FastPass program is expected to debut ahead of the 50th Anniversary Celebrations that begin in 2021.
Old 19 Jun 19, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
lovewdw
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gilly120 View Post
Looks like they are also going to start charging for popular fast pass rides. This is from the Orlando weekly so am not sure true it is.

The rumoured WDW paid FastPass program is expected to debut ahead of the 50th Anniversary Celebrations that begin in 2021.
From what I've seen this is an option to give you more fastpasses (or to buy fast passes for specific rides) but it doesn't mean the current free system is replaced.

Paid fastpasses are already available in Paris and California in addition to the free service.
lovewdw is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 19, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

The Fastpass charging is certainly being considered as it was reported by Marni who is known as one of the most reliable sources of Disney info. He reported they are working on either allowing only 1 and then paying, or only lower tiers with others payable. This does not definately mean it's coming, as we won't know that unless and until it's implemented, (and he reports various things are being discussed that are then abandoned and don't come to pass ) but I cannot help but think the movement of rides into tier 1 at HWS is something to do with this. Marni himself described what he has been told as 'toxic'.
If it comes, it could badly hit UK travellers who typically go for long periods; Imagine the potential cost over 14 days for the whole family.
The Club level paid for Fastpass system was likely a test bed. This is how they now work. Introduce something then erode gradually creep it up and expand it. We have just seen it with Top of the World Lounge. Not long ago a 'package' came out where they now roped off part of this DVC member area and had it for people who booked a package including a meal at Wave. Given these are DVC members and all have access anyway, one wonders how they sold it, but they did.
Some of us warned then, this would be a trickle effect. Others said it's fine why worry, it's still open to normal DVC members. Lo and behold, a few months later the poor BLT owners who have had their rooms booked for 10 months to go into Top of the World to watch 4 July fireworks, now cannot go in unless they pay $120 each for a 'party'. NYE is already lined up for this paid for party also. It's just a matter of time now.
I suspect they will increase ticket prices again shortly, then wait for the dust to settle before Fastpass charges come in. When the Fastpass changes come in, it may not be too badly priced at first. Apologists will say it's all fine, they don't mind paying, it makes it easier. Then the price will probably go up and up.
It's like the food- gradually quality and portion size declines, more expensive ingredients are removed, but the price creeps up and up. There's people on another board saying they just replaced the fish at Yorkshire Fish Shop from Cod to Tilapia. If correct, Tilapia is about the quarter cost of Cod and 99% of people from Yorkshire have never even heard of Tilapia (a farmed fish imported usually from China and South America).
Old 19 Jun 19, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
scojos
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
The Fastpass charging is certainly being considered as it was reported by Marni who is known as one of the most reliable sources of Disney info. He reported they are working on either allowing only 1 and then paying, or only lower tiers with others payable. This does not definately mean it's coming, as we won't know that unless and until it's implemented, (and he reports various things are being discussed that are then abandoned and don't come to pass ) but I cannot help but think the movement of rides into tier 1 at HWS is something to do with this. Marni himself described what he has been told as 'toxic'.
If it comes, it could badly hit UK travellers who typically go for long periods; Imagine the potential cost over 14 days for the whole family.
The Club level paid for Fastpass system was likely a test bed. This is how they now work. Introduce something then erode gradually creep it up and expand it. We have just seen it with Top of the World Lounge. Not long ago a 'package' came out where they now roped off part of this DVC member area and had it for people who booked a package including a meal at Wave. Given these are DVC members and all have access anyway, one wonders how they sold it, but they did.
Some of us warned then, this would be a trickle effect. Others said it's fine why worry, it's still open to normal DVC members. Lo and behold, a few months later the poor BLT owners who have had their rooms booked for 10 months to go into Top of the World to watch 4 July fireworks, now cannot go in unless they pay $120 each for a 'party'. NYE is already lined up for this paid for party also. It's just a matter of time now.
I suspect they will increase ticket prices again shortly, then wait for the dust to settle before Fastpass charges come in. When the Fastpass changes come in, it may not be too badly priced at first. Apologists will say it's all fine, they don't mind paying, it makes it easier. Then the price will probably go up and up.
It's like the food- gradually quality and portion size declines, more expensive ingredients are removed, but the price creeps up and up. There's people on another board saying they just replaced the fish at Yorkshire Fish Shop from Cod to Tilapia. If correct, Tilapia is about the quarter cost of Cod and 99% of people from Yorkshire have never even heard of Tilapia (a farmed fish imported usually from China and South America).
I have heard of it but am seriously allergic to it.
Id never go anywhere nr fish out but i hope this is going to be well publicised as i cant be the only 1...
scojos is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 19, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Whilst I know that many on this thread absolutely love the mouse and would happily pay double or even more if required, defending Disney regardless, I am very different. Disney is imho a market that relies on mass, rather than exclusive appeal and therefore if they carry on ramping up prices and introducing new charges, they will one day kill the Golden Goose. It is clear however, that this point has not yet been reached.

I am sincerely glad that my children are now 16 and 13. Other than last year in California as we had never seen it, we have decided against visiting Disney at all on our last 5 USA visits. My boys have simply grown out of it and now prefer the bigger, more thrilling rides elsewhere whilst my wife and I were never in to it in the first place. I was more in to the other, far more exciting mouse that beat the hell out of a cat called Jerry and also Scooby Doo. We only now buy Universal 14s and DC Ultimates.

Whilst Universal parking is also charged, the Seaworld franchise comes free with a Discovery Cove ticket. By staying in a villa and not picking up our hire car until after our
first night on IDrive and our second night at Universal, I will avoid paying any parking charges at all during my vacation, provided I do not revisit Universal until after 1800.

Whilst I thank the Disney empire for introducing me to Florida in the first place, I have cut them out entirely, shortly to be followed by Universal in a couple of years time when my boys have flown the nest. Should we visit Orlando again as part of a wider USA vacation, the only parks we are likely to visit will be DC and Seaworld.

Whilst I appreciate that Disney (and the others) are businesses with a duty to exact maximum dividends for shareholders, I am simply rather tired of being relentlessly gouged and agree that taking food into the parks will probably be targeted next in their relentless pursuit of the 'filthy lucre' along with a 'paid' fastpass system and other exclusions for those that they perceive have not paid enough yet. I look forward to the day that it ends for us.

I will however still visit Florida as I believe that it offers so much more than simply theme parks. It is a wonderful state (around the Coastline anyway) and still offers good value.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 08:16 AM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 19, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mickeyspal View Post
They have to pay for star wars some how 🙄
Star Wars will pay for itself quite nicely with all those $200+ lightsabres and those $150ish droids flying out of the land helping...

Disney have just rounded up the price, I was surprised they weren't those figures to start with as its easier to work out how much it will cost you for the average person.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR

Edited at 04:57 PM.
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List