Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 12 Jul 19, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

I haven't stayed at any of the Universal hotels but loved POFQ when I stayed there last year.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 19, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
This Gran Destino Tower blurs the lines between moderate and deluxe IMO. See Tim Tracker’s video.
I don’t think the price is that blurred have you seen what they’re charging for those rooms!
scoobydooby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 19, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Squidgyness
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by scoobydooby View Post
I don’t think the price is that blurred have you seen what they’re charging for those rooms!
Good lord that's expensive! I mean, no doubt the tower is better than the standard resort it's been plonked in, but at that price I'm not sure I'd stay there or just downgrade to POR/pay the extra to go genuine deluxe.
96/98/03/06/09 - Offsite Kissimmee/I-Drive
17/18 - Universal RPR
Squidgyness is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 19, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Ah80207
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Thanks everyone! I really need to think about this. Annoyingly I’ve paid the £200 deposit with a view to possibly changing the resort once I knew more about them, but I’m not sure whether a Disney resort is the best fit now having watched the videos. It’s not that we’re really fussy about hotels, more that the price doesn’t seem worth it for what we want out of it. And the price of the 2020 Disney tickets, OMG!
Ah80207 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 19, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
JanetteP
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Ah80207 View Post
Thanks everyone! I really need to think about this. Annoyingly I’ve paid the £200 deposit with a view to possibly changing the resort once I knew more about them, but I’m not sure whether a Disney resort is the best fit now having watched the videos. It’s not that we’re really fussy about hotels, more that the price doesn’t seem worth it for what we want out of it. And the price of the 2020 Disney tickets, OMG!
You could have paid £50 deposit for 1 person and then if you needed to change there would have been no charge as you would add people on.

Janette
Dreamy Corner June 23, Potter’s Villa May 22, Shamu Villa Sep 22,AKL, HRH Lakeside Haven Sep 19, Lakeside Haven RPR May 19. White Blossom & Viburnum Villa Aug 18. SSR, Aurora Villa May 18. Kidani, RPR Champion Florida Villa 17, Staybridge Suites, White Blossom & Owens Villa 16 OKW, Champion Florida Villa & RPR 16, Magic Landings 15, Grand Reserve & HRH 2014, Tuscan Pines 12, Highgrove 09, Legacy Park 07, Indian Point 06 and 05, Florida Pines 04
Graduation Trip 2019
+ Trip Report 2018
JanetteP is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 19, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by scoobydooby View Post
Originally Posted by Squidgyness View Post
Good lord that's expensive! I mean, no doubt the tower is better than the standard resort it's been plonked in, but at that price I'm not sure I'd stay there or just downgrade to POR/pay the extra to go genuine deluxe.
Not sure what you mean?

The standard Gran Destino tower rooms are cheaper than POR. They are one of the cheaper moderate resorts and yet it looks like a deluxe resort. Changing to POR would cost extra.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Not sure what you mean?

The standard Gran Destino tower rooms are cheaper than POR. They are one of the cheaper moderate resorts and yet it looks like a deluxe resort. Changing to POR would cost extra.
Oh! The rooms I looked at were really expensive. I don’t think all types were showing.
scoobydooby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Ah80207 View Post
You have to remember that a lot of what you’re paying for at Disney is location. You won’t get the same standard of hotel for the price as you do offsite so it’s best to go into it with your eyes open from that perspective. I think if you’re not even excited by Coronado Springs then maybe a Disney hotel isn’t for you.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Jimsdadhalifax
Very Serious Dibber

We stayed at Portofino and Coronado Springs last year.

Portofino is in a different class to Coronado but we still thought Coronado was very good. It isn't like going to a rubbish hotel! The rooms were nice enough and the main pool was excellent. We were also very close to the bus stop and despite the resort being very big, we didn't do much walking as there was no need.

I would stay there again. I agree with the poster above - at Disney you are paying for the location and the Disney 'magic'. The resorts themselves I find to be wonderfully themed - the rooms are where you notice the difference as they are a bit more basic than you would expect for the money.
Jimsdadhalifax is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Ah80207
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I love the look of CS but unfortunately it doesn’t offer free DDP. I think we are going to go for CBR. Thanks for all the information 😀
Ah80207 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List